The Damning Pain of Toothache

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
The Damning Pain of Toothache

It's been quite a few years since i had Toothache. I brush, floss etc and yet i still end up with toothache!

I managed to get signed up with a Dentist yesterday (after calling up 15 different places who were not taking new patients) , great i can be seen by a Dentist....yea i can NEXT TUESDAY, a week from now! I've had pain for 5 days now, not sleeping or eating properly.

Tablets aint working for long enough. (up at 1am til 3am trying to get back to sleep but ended up taking more tablets at 3am *as 6hrs had just run out*) i'm now in work and in pain (hurry the fark up 9am so i can take 2 more!)

Oh and this is gonna cost me a minimum of £45 ($85ish) *i pay my taxes and still can't get my treatment on the NHS great society i live in*

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Aw, I'm so sorry. I hardly ever have toothaches, but I had one 2 years ago that was complete torture. :( I hope you get through it okay.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
$85 for the visit? That's not really that bad. To just walk into a clinic it's $100 here. >>;;

... *cough* I've never had a tooth ache or even a filling or cavity before.. I hear they're hell. Though I've had plenty of dreams where my teeth fell out of my head and rotted D: not fun.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
i got an emergency appointment - had to spend £30 for the check up (she thinks it's my top back wisdom tooth) so she did a fill thing until next Tues when i have to pay £40 to have it out ;_;

Elecmon

I've had teeth pulled before and, it sucks. If you haven't had one pulled you're so lucky. It really made me lower the amount of sugar I intake. My teeth are fine now, although I haven't seen a dentist in like 4 years.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I had my wisdom teeth out, which wasn't too bad. Three days of feeling "blah" and apparently I'm some kind of freak, because the holes were completely healed and gone within a week o_o At least they're teeth you don't need though.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
i had it pulled earlier - and my god does it now hurt (and it's a little bleeder as well)

Devkyu

Wha...?
At least you managed to get an appointment earlier than several weeks away. I've found that letting ice water sit in your mouth tends to numb the pain of such things a bit (at least until the pain meds start to work). Hope you feel better!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
celestial_sacred;10247 said:
Did you keep it for the Tooth Fairy? :-p Glad it's out so it won't cause you more pain. Hope it gets better soon. :]

lol, it's starting to calm down somewhat, still hurts, still bleeds a little from time to time (at least i can drink without it hurting) it's trying to eat that is the problem.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
there is only a small hole near my other tooth, that is just nipping a bit now, at least i can eat chocolate again and brush my teeth properly again.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well... tomorrow is my day on the chair to get 4 wisdom teeth removed, lol I am so looking forwards to it, NOT! Oh well it has to be done, though I will try to do the whole procedure with just local antistatic, this way I tell other people how it is like since all the people that I know were out or under during the procedure. From what I heard it could be a simple procedure, or it could be like my aunts who had to have them drilled into four pieces and then removed. Doesn’t that sound fun? Well my fingers are crossed that that none of my teeth are impacted, though if I remember correctly from my previous dentist, they all are... I think that is what she said. Man that would suck if that is the case. Though as long as I can't feel the pain during the procedure, I really don't care how much they do to me. Lol I remember one time my previous dentist got that pick tool lodged in one of my tooth and had a hard time taking it out. Ya that is all I have to say, weeeee for tomorrow at 10:30am.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
well it is all done, well I am not totally back to the really world still al little, out, I know I was going to try doing it with only local anesthetics, but everything happened so fast that I was just put out via. I.V sedation. To all of you who are dreading this procedure, the worst part would have to be the I.V. and that was all. After that you hart rate drops will you are no longer awake. lol. It took like under 15 mins I think. That was it. Oh I had one impacted tooth that had to be drilled and broken to be removed. Apparently the drill they use is loud. Then Shorty you wake up feeling absolutely nothing, except a numb mouth and tongue oh and gauze jammed back there too. Wasn’t at all bad. Now is the after procedure, I am waiting for the time to remove the gauze, then I can take a pain killer pill along with two other pills. Ya all liquid diet for now.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Well, that at least gives me some hope. I too will have to get my wisdom teeth removed at some point. But so far, I've managed to hold it off for the last six years... only sixty more to go!