The cartoon

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
The cartoon

Do you remember The Legend of Zelda Cartoon? I was lucky to find a few random episodes months ago. So i revisited my childhood.

Link was so rude in this, Zelda was annoying but at least was able to fight back a bit.

Devkyu

Wha...?
I saw a few episodes on a site some time ago. I just stared in revulsion. I now knew why Link never talks during the games: After the cartoon, no one wanted to hear another word out of his mouth EVER AGAIN.

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
Good thing I never liked LoZ or I would have downloaded it when I saw it on the newsgroups >_>. I don't think my ears need more raping after 4kids's one piece dub...

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
I could've bought it for like, $5 at Wal-Mart, but is it worth it? Honestly. I've seen it, and it's the most corny thing I've ever seen. xD Link needed to die in that cartoon.

When a hardcore fan doesn't want it, that should say something.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Fruitsbsk28;9482 said:
When a hardcore fan doesn't want it, that should say something.

kekeke. Oh, I dunno.. there's the old Megaman cartoon too. Which I bought for the lulz. XD I picked up a $2 VHS tape of Zelda at Walmart for the same reason.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
the DVD isn't official i don't think - of course i could be wrong

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i dont think it is.

Off the topic for a sec: what is dats translating of zelda.

Back on subject:at least the show is only 13 episodes and not 40+

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
RamenRanger;9499 said:
Off the topic for a sec: what is dats translating of zelda.

Since i'm heading the project and you know my specialties :p

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I used to love watching this. I remember when the Super Mario Bros Super show used to come on, every Friday, they'd show Legends of Zelda. I can't remember when Captain N came on, but I watched that too. I used to rush to watch LoZ and really enjoyed it, even though back then, I didn't like the games much. They never interested me. I was only six or so when the first one came out. My friend had an older sibling, who had the original LoZ game for their NES. I was all like, "Boring!!" I enjoyed Zelda after AlltP when I was older.
RamenRanger;9499 said:
Back on subject:at least the show is only 13 episodes and not 40+
You know, it was probably that short because it was apart of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and that didn't last long either (1989-1990). Captain N, which was also apart of the series, didn't get those many eps either. Also the cartoon was based on the first two games.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
we appreciate more things as older people than young kids - we recognise greatness too :p

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess.

Don't waste your money on the DVD's unless you want it in a decent quality. I watched old VCR rips of it like, 5 years ago from vairous zelda fansites.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Veemon93;9837 said:
Wow theres a cartoon when did they show it?I would love to see it :D
It was shown back in 1989 - 1990 (I'm pretty sure it was syndicated...although, I think NBC used to show just the cartoon part on Saturday mornings). It was apart of the Super Mario Bros Super Show which had live action (Mario and Luigi) and they would show a Mario Bros. cartoon (based mostly on Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 2). Every Friday, they would show The Legends of Zelda. Later on down the road, they'd show Captain N, Game Master in place of Zelda.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Didn't it eventually get it's own time slot? I seem to remember watching it seperate for some reason, same with Mario... and I remember *nothing* of Captain N aside from basic character looks.. and the really ghey Simon Belmont.

Dengar

Mario later had his Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World series.

Zelda, I don't know, but they guest starred in Captain N sometimes.