The 40th Canadian Election

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
The 40th Canadian Election

Today's the day.

Well, today was the day. It's now 10 p.m. where I live, and the voting closed half an hour ago.

I'm currently awaiting results on the election, and am creating a text file with information every 15 seconds starting from 21:30 EDT on the election. (Which means that by the time I close the program at 7:00 the next morning, It'll already have logged about a megabyte of text.)

Right now, no data is currently in. But starting at 10:00 EDT, the data will update about once every minute. I'm getting it every 15 seconds just in case.

Okay, damn, the data isn't coming up correctly.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Yeah, when I just got off work I went to vote, though it kinda sucks because were I work there is a voting station but it isn't for my area.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
G4bumon;72813 said:
Yeah, when I just got off work I went to vote, though it kinda sucks because were I work there is a voting station but it isn't for my area.

For anyone who's interested, the results are as follows:

Total: 308 seats
Conservatives: 143 seats
Liberals: 76 seats
NDP: 37 seats
Bloc Quebecois: 50 seats
Other parties: 2 seats
Green Party: 0 seats

Note that Conservative (the equivalent of Republican) is blue, while Liberal (the equivalent of Democrat) is red. Let's hope that the same colours are elected, instead of the same parties.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;73107 said:
Note that Conservative (the equivalent of Republican) is blue, while Liberal (the equivalent of Democrat) is red. Let's hope that the same colours are elected, instead of the same parties.

Haha. xD You just never know. Well, we'll know when the US elections come around.

Yuumei

Spinzaku
Wow, go Bloc! XD

Too bad Green didn't get any... but I heard they got like 6% of the votes or something.

jennysmith

40th Canadian Election

Rather Stephen Harper has proved the Canadians are not yet ready for too much change. Stephane Dion is again officially the opposition.It was interesting to see how the parties fared as the results came in. The irony that 2008 historically recorded the lowest voter turn out had not much to do with the election results. Harper seemed to be the winner in all regards. He managed to create a Conservative government with panache.
-----------------------------
Jennysmith

Influencer