Suggestions

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Suggestions

A rehash of the old thread, which was closed due to people having fits over other people's thoughts.

...yeah.

So anyways, what do you think would help make DATS better? ^^

We have a full site in the works (which I'll work on some later today as I now have photoshop downloaded~) and stuff will be coming with that, like affiliations.

We have a bunch of forum skins in the works (You should see the list @_@) and more will be released soon (maybe in a few minutes?!)

Uhm, so what do you guys think would help make DATS better? Please respect everyone else's thoughts and no flaming. We really don't need anymore of that.

:D

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Hmm.. toughy. Aside from the usual "Release moar" (which I'm sure you hear enough of) I can't really think of anything that would be much help. .. Maybe a general cleaning of the board so there aren't so many sub-forums? Mish-mash a few into one area... like.. just a "Digimon" area and "Anouncements". I know I'm not one to say how stuff goes ^^; but to me simple is sometimes better. I have a better chance of following threads and adding to them if I can find them again and don't have to go into "New Threads" everytime I come here.
I guess... it's kind of overwhelming after a while >.>;

And I've always been a fan of the "Dats Next - no transparency" skin myself ^^

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Maybe some "member of the month/week" type thing, and a character of the week from different series that DATS have subbed/scanlated and a review on that person's/monster's character.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Personally, I detest "... of the week/month" things, but it'd be nice as a little bonus on the website, I think.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I know i could run a Digimon quiz (given time to actually put a new one together)

Contests anyone?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
pawitp;10092 said:
If the quiz would be made, I prefer no-unscrambling.

I never put those in, my questions are just pure Digimon knowledge.

Timewitch

Indeed. I think it would be great if DATS had some kind of fanfiction, fanart or graphics contest. It would attract more members...

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Someone actually have a nice trivia game :3 Weekly irc trivia game anyone? XD

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Hmmm the idea of contests seems to be pretty popular... interesting...

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
But what kinda contest would dats have? Create a digimon? Skins contest? Bikini zone contest? Wait, what? scratch that last one.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Johnzaloog;10112 said:
But what kinda contest would dats have? Create a digimon? Skins contest? Bikini zone contest? Wait, what? scratch that last one.

Oh, I've schemed up a few over the months for everyone to try out... we'll see what happens.

Devkyu

Wha...?
Random stuff I could think of... might add some other stuff later.

-Staff pages
-Web comic
-Easy-to-navigate sections for all of our media
--short episode/chapter summaries
--date of initial release
--torrent and DDL links (MU, RS, MF, etc)
-Links page (with link-to buttons, banners, etc)
-Freebies (random staff-made forum icons and such... always a nifty idea)
-Tutorials
--Scan editing
--Timing
--Skinning

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I did once suggest a webcomic of some things to show the lively staff channel. XP

And seriously, I don't see what's so hard about IRC. @_@; Really. I mean I got it in like 30 minutes a few years ago when I was introduced to it. Also, people make REALLY easy to understand tutorials. Like... I remember seeing a flash tutorial. @_@