Spectrobes Any Good?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Spectrobes Any Good?

*pokes the title - is Spectrobes any good*

(finds the Poke games decent, like Zelda RPGs)

Kaeri

Title for Rent
It's definately a different kind of RPG. Part hunting, part ruin-hunter, part Pokemon...it's a definately mix of many worlds.

You play as a space cadet in a unique agency to keep the worlds safe from evil. Typically, an evil starts to arrive, but it's an enemy no one's ever seen or heard of before, until you find a man on a nearby planet in a sleeping capsule. He tells you that his world and universe was destroyed by these creatures called the Krawl, a black mass of many creatures that basically eat and devour planets and systems.

After learning of this, the main character and his partner learn of the Spectrobes, pokemon-like creatures that evolve and live from fossils, evolving into bigger and stronger creatures by how you take care and battle with them. The storyline uses the stylus in battle and when you find Spectrobes, as you must "dig" them up using tools and your stylus. You also dig up fossils, crystals, storyline items and more by using the stylus and tools which you can then feed to your Spectrobe in its' containment unit to make it grow and evolve.

The adventure is definately fun, yet challenging at times and while it won't please everyone, it was a fun adventure for me. If you have Wi-fi, you can also go on Nintendo Wi-fi and connect up to a server to download new Spectrobes, crystals, movies and more as well!

It's made by Disney, so don't expect too much blood and gore, but anime-styled graphics, cut-scenes and some voice-over work is decent and much better than most Disney/basic DS games.

If you'd like more information, let me know and I'll try to help you out the best I can!