[Spanish] ¿Quién puede hablar en español?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
[Spanish] ¿Quién puede hablar en español?

¿Quién puede hablar en español?

Yo puedo... más o menos. No tengo una classe este año, y tengo que practicar mucho más porque no puedo comprender todo que yo puedo comprender en el pasado. XD

Sí...? No...?

^o^

amigobro2

Puedo hablarlo más o menos.

Hube tenido clases de español por cuatro años en la escuela secundaria.

Si necesitas ayuda con cualquier cosa, te puedo tratar de ayudar. ;)

:cool:

GSR

That one guy
Puedo hablarlo más o menos también. Tomaba tres años de Español en mi escuela, y voy a tomar más en el futuro.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Fugitivo;4818 said:
Hola! Si tenéis alguna duda con el español, yo os puedo ayudar, yo soy español. ^^

Tenéis?

It's words like this that give people a harder meaning to Spanish, because a lot of people think the sentence would sound right with "Tienes" and not "Tenéis"... but the truth is, Tenéis is a more complex and sophisticated way of saying it.

Of course Conjugating words to the Preterite tense is one of the hardest conjugations to do... but it's not difficult, this conjugation even gave myself some problems, but i found it way easy as i kept moving with it.

The Preterite tense is a past and present conjugation... which makes both (Tenéis & Tienes) words have the same meaning.

Pero poniendo esto al lado...

You tambien tengo un buen conocimiento en español, ^_^ Y puedo ayudar si alguien lo necesita.

Fugitivo

o.o? "Tenéis" is correct, it's the second person in plural, tienes is second person, but singular. I suppose Spanish must be quite difficult to learn. Some years ago I had to learn all the names of the tenses and its conjugaions, I was really boring... Now I only remember some of them. Preterite is... Past, isn't it? Well, I remember there're many preterites:

Pretérito imperfecto: Yo tenía - I had (continuous action)
Pretérito Perfecto Simple: Yo tuve - I had (specific time)
Pretérito Perfecto Compuesto: Yo he tenido
Pretérito Pluscuamperfecto: Yo había tenido (continuous action)
Pretérito Anterior: Yo he tenido (specific time)

I don't know if I've explained this well... But all your doubts about when to use the correct tense will dissapear if you practise, practise, and practise. I had a lot of problems in English with "Present Simple - Present Continuous" "Past Simple - Past Continuous" (and I still have), but if you practise a lot, you will use the correct tense without thinking ;)

English is much easier, but I think Spanish is a beautiful language!

GSR

That one guy
In my classes, we've only covered presente, pretérito perfecto simple, and pretérito imperfecto. Oh, and a bit of one I can't remember the name of, it's for indicating you're doing it right now, -er/ir for it end in 'iendo.' Futuro is next year.

We're discouraged from using -éis, since it's (according to our books) the vosotros form and only used in a small part of Spain. We don't even learn it for the verbs, if we want to know it we have to look it up.

Fugitivo

Well, your books are not totally right. "Vosotros" is used in most part of Spain. It's not used, however, in the Canary Islands and in South America. Instead if "Vosotros" they use "Ustedes", followed by the verb in third person plural, for example: "Ustedes comen", "Ustedes creen" or "Ustedes tienen".

"Ustedes" has a respect connotation in most part of Spain, except in the Canary Islands (I live there!)

I think you're refering to "Presente Continuo". It's the spanish for "I am + verb ended in -ing", more or less. For example: "Yo estoy bebiendo" - "I am drinking". Its structure is "Subject + verb "estar" in present" + verb in gerundio, that is to say, ended in "-ando" or "-endo"". However, in spanish it has less uses than in English, we do not use it refering to the future ("I am leaving tomorrow").

Good luck with your Spanish studies!

PD: btw, do you think my English is correct? :p I think I have to improve it!

PD2: GSR, the one of your imahe is Phoenix? I love Phoenix Wright, although I've only played Ace Attorney.

Fugitivo

Phoenix Wright has surprised me, I didn't expect it was so good.

I'll show you some vocabulary about law and judgements in spanish...

Derecho - law
Trial - juicio
Lawyer/Attorney - abogado
Counsel lawyer/counsel attorney - abogado defensor
Prosecutor - fiscal
Circuit - distrito
Lawyer's office - fufete de abogados
Evidence/proof - prueba
Defendant - acusado
Innocent - inocente
Guilty - culpable
Court record - acta del juicio
Witness - testigo
Judge - juez

:p I hope it's useful for you ^^

GSR

That one guy
All I knew of that was abogado and juez since I flipped ahead in my Spanish textbook to the 'jobs' section.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
yo puedo hablar en español...un poco. Yo necesita mucha ayuda porque yo no tendré español hasta próximo semestre.

I've already forgotten almost everything from espanol tres. Of course...i didn't learn much, so.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i know what you guys are saying but i cant speak spanish very well only read.
but i only had one year of spanish so far.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Fugitivo;5080 said:
o.o? "Tenéis" is correct, it's the second person in plural, tienes is second person, but singular.

I didn't say it was incorrect ;)

I was just saying that its things like these that confuse people who dont have a deep meaning of spanish. Which is what i explained in my post above.

Wanderer_D

Digi-lurker
Pues Español es mi primer idioma. (Spanish is my first Language)
Si necesitas ayuda, solo dilo. (If you need help, just say it.)

I think the only problem you had before might be because Fugitivo is from Spain, so, if you are in the U.S. you might be learning something more similar to Mexican Spanish, which does not use the second person in plural so often.

Castellano, the spanish they speak in Spain, is obviously the original and purer form of the language, but it has enough difficulties to create confusion to speakers that learn spanish from Latin American influence.

Think of it as English English and American English. They are similar, but their differences set them apart completely.

I have yet to meet an American that says "Cor-Blimey" or "bloody'ell" :p

Fugitivo

I didn't say it was incorrect

I was just saying that its things like these that confuse people who dont have a deep meaning of spanish. Which is what i explained in my post above.

Oh, lo siento, fallo mío ;)
Oh, sorry, it was my fault ;)

I think the only problem you had before might be because Fugitivo is from Spain, so, if you are in the U.S. you might be learning something more similar to Mexican Spanish, which does not use the second person in plural so often.

Yes, it's difficult... Sometimes I do not understand some of the expressions people from Latin America use. I suppose those differences are similar (in some way) to the differences between American and British English.

And, of course, American people study Spanish in a different way that we do, because they are studying it as their foreign language. I once had at school a an English companion that didn't have very good marks in English. It was because in her exams she had to argue "why she was using a determinate tense of the verb". She told the teacher that she didn't know, she just knew what she had to answer. So happens me with Spanish (and lots of times with English, it's strange!).

NuttyCanuck

yo puedo hablar espanol un poco.

I haven't done much of it in 2 years though so I'm kinda rusty. I took 2 years of it in high school.

the -ando/endo tense is called the present progressive.

celebrimnar1

bueno yo soy de un pais latino asi que... si alguien necesita una traduccion o algo solo diganlo.

i'm from a latin country so... if someone need a translation or something just say it