Soul = Female Mario?! Lolwut?!

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Soul = Female Mario?! Lolwut?!

Holy... wow, now THIS is amusing. Apparently the name that the new girl's being called seems to be Soul (at least, that's what I see in the image sharing sites like danbooru). The funny part?

Apparently artists in Japan thinks she looks like Mario. No joke. Here's some links to a few pics.

http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/455145/-black_eyes-black_hair-brown_eyes-brown_hair-cabbi
http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/455133/ascot-boots-cabbie_hat-crossover-goomba-goombario-
http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/455085/-brown_hair-cabbie_hat-chikorita-hat-highres-jumpi
http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/455117/-breloom-brown_eyes-brown_hair-buttai-cabbie_hat-c

Will this force you to have a mushroom kingdom themed game, just for the lulz?

Look, lulz, discuss.

Edit: Oops, links didn't work... fixed 'em.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I went to safebooru to get them this time, so that I'd be able to link to the site and not break the PG-13 rule.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I can see why she's called Soul. Leaf was from LeafGreen... Soul being from SoulSilver in that sense is understandable.

xD That actually makes want to play a Pokemon game with mushrooms.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Think about it... A Squirtle named Koopa, Parasect named Goomba...

By the way, what's the difference between Leaf and Blue/Green?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Well, despite how funny this is to see, I hate this new girl. I have since she was first conformed. BRING CRYSTAL BACK!!!!!! >:O

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
I thought she looked like Mario when I first saw her too. But she's girl-cuter of course. xD That's all.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Huh... I hardly see much difference between Leaf and Blue/Green... hell, just hair (slightly) and eye color...

Soul is WAY different than Crystal, though. I also don't see a reason to create her... which makes me wonder...

When they eventually remake the Advance Generation... will Haruka/Sapphire get tossed for a new character as well? And Platina/Hikari for that matter?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I don't think they'll be scrapped.......I hope not at least... *nervous now* I mean I see the reason for creating Leaf/Blue/Green. There was no female character in Gen 1. Thus, they took the PokeSupe character and made her an actual playable character. But why would they scrap Crys for this abomination? Really.

Despite my rant about Soul, I really do believe that Nintendo gave permission to create a female Mario...even if they deny it. I refuse to believe the denial!!! XD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Just give her an Italian accent. It's a me, Soul!

I would say that the main problem people have with her is that she is not Crystal. If there never was a Crystal, people would not complain about her. So she is kinda like Savers Agumon. After he ate Tomoki and stole his hat...

Related:
1242486448692.png

I don't care about her replacing crystal or whatever. Pokemon's generic characters are too generic for me to like, however the fact that she resembles mario makes this thread win :D

Just look forward to pokemon black and white with the new protagonists black and white. I hear they have a kick ass backstory and do not have names based on the title.... wait a second.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Personally, something I'd LOVE to see in a future pokemon game is the ability to choose from more than just a male or female sprite. I want a wide variety of characters!

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;93401 said:
Personally, something I'd LOVE to see in a future pokemon game is the ability to choose from more than just a male or female sprite. I want a wide variety of characters!

This post is epic win. It would be amazing to be able to choose from any characters - past and present - when playing a game. <3

Not really nintendo's thing but nice idea. Would work well since their moving into the wifi department with the latest pokemon games.

I hope they make an online pokemon game that would be win.

On a side note. I may very well pass on these new games, gold/silver were the worst games of the lot for me (although ho-oh was cool) and I still need to catch them all on diamond :)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Role;93392 said:

It's pretty normal. She is her replacement. People usually make the replacement of a "beloved" character either antagonistic or deeply flawed in their Artwork.
It's like the Digivice Burst. Take it as a remake of the iC 10X, with Agumon as Gold, Gaomon as Silver ( that works quite uite well as there was a Gold Version of the Shine Orange and a Silver Version of the Mirage Blue ) and Raramon as Crystal. ( Kinda helps that Yukana voices Chikorita in Mystery Dungeon and Crys has a Meganium in Special ). Raramon was however not included in the Burst, but it featured Candmon instead, making it effectively Soul. ( given that Candmon can evolve to Soulmon, the name Soul is actually quite fitting )

People , including myself (I had a bad feeling about it to begin with due to several Yoshino related things... ) were quite pissed about that. And the common reaction was
1112tm9.jpg

Damn you, Candmon!

Role;93392 said:
Got a translation for that comic you posted?

Sorry.

Role;93401 said:

That would be awesome in pretty much every monster raising game.