Shoutbox is TEMP

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Shoutbox is TEMP

Okay, seeing as in the one day that I'm off doing other things (read: playing games) it seems the forums blew up. @_@ I haven't seen this much arguing...

But yeah, the staff are, for the most part, right. There has been a lot of spamming going on, and simply put, we had to start doing something about it.

vB3.7 is going to be offering a lot of new features that help develop a community, it's gearing more and more towards the facebook/myspace type of feel. And I feel that when those features are finally added here, we will also get more of a feel.

But until we can get that, we're going to at least try out this shoutbox. If it kills the server, the shoutbox is going away and never, ever, coming back.

Also, if it is horribly abused and we have stuff like "lol" 2 million lines in a row, the shoutbox is going away and never, ever, coming back.

If people turn it into a shouting match and it's arguement after arguement, the shoutbox is going away and never, ever, coming back.

So keep this all in mind.

Edit: Oh by the way, I can ban users from the shoutbox. Really easily.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
[21:21:05] <@Zelsius> I don't care about shoutboxes as long they aren't on the top of the page, as you can't easily scroll down with the mouse then.

Sorry, but can't it be at the bottom of the page? I hate scrolling through all of the shoutbox when I just want to see the forums. ;>_>

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Just use the little arrow thing and make it go away :)

And having it down at the bottom won't make it noticable enough for the spammers. z_Z

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
/me giggles evilly.

I was wondering what happened to it. <_<; Now I know. :3