Savers DVD Coloring

Should we color our Savers DVD subs?

• Yes, use colors like you've been using.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I want one-colored subs for the DVD releases.

Votes: 21 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Savers DVD Coloring

Hey guys.

We've not really decided if we want to use plain white subs for our Savers DVD subs, or to continue using character colors, as used in our Savers TV releases.

That's why we're asking you, the fans, which would you prefer? Vote carefully, as your choice will help influence our decision. Thanks!

-DATS

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Also, even though I didn't mention it, your thoughts are welcome. Please discuss.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
:p Yes please... Your ideas on anything, it doesn't have to just be the color :p

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Personally, I think the font and colors you guys have been using for the TV subs are fine, I don't see a real need to change them. It might be a little...much, but it'd be kinda cool to have the Digimon have their own colors too (Not ALL of them, just the ones owned by DATS), but I wouldn't worry about it.

KouseiKibou

I agree with those wanting separate colors for the characters. It makes it SO much more easier to watch. There was a few points in the series that I couldn't tell who was talking without seeing the colors. It's also great for whenever I don't have sound.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Thanks for the input guys.

So you know, we've been debating this back and forth internally (and sometimes externally) for months on end. It's getting to be quite irksome, as we never seem to be happy with our staff discussions on the matter.

Himi-chan

Little Random Irony
My (bad) list of reasons:

Why I want colors -
1. Colors are pretty.
2. I've gotten used to the colors. It's gonna be weird if suddenly all characters (major and minor alike) share a color.
3. If you remove the colors, then the guy who wanted white subs and debated rize/rise issue will get more than a [STAD]. (though, he'll only recieve one of his demands)

Reasons why you should ignore me -
1. It takes time to add the colors in. Unless you reuse the old .ass files, then it doesn't matter.
2. DVD versions are extras/upgrades. If I don't want them, nobody's making me take them.

Bleh, I've provided bad reasons for both sides >_<"
I voted to keep the colors~

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Himi-chan;1056 said:
My (bad) list of reasons:

Reasons why you should ignore me -
1. It takes time to add the colors in. Unless you reuse the old .ass files, then it doesn't matter.

Hello :D I've just spent the last 3-4 hours adding color and redoing the timing on SDVD1 ;D So yeah... it does take time XD

Anyway, thanks for your input. As you can see, color won by a land slide and it has already been added to the script. If you feel there are other things that you might want to see on the Savers DVD release, please post :D We will be happy to hear you suggestion or idea.

TuxRug

Retired
I like the colored subtitles in the Digimon series (especially Zero Two), because some of the voices seem confusingly similar to me, probably because I am not anywhere near fluent in Japanese, all I know is doburu, denkyuu, dengon, arigato, konichiwa, sayonara, sosu, hai, yatta, taifu, konpyuta, kamera, shi, warui, and that the letter L in a word borrowed from another language is pronounced as an R. (Sorry about the run-on sentence.) That's probably the reason I think Son Goku's voice in Dragonball Z is so weird, too. I can tell the difference between the voices in Digimon if I listen really closely, but the variation isn't as apparent to me as in other anime, such as Ryuusei no Rockman and Blue Dragon.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
This is old. We are no longer doing DVD versions of Savers.

Status
Not open for further replies.