Ryusei no Rockman Q. and A. Corner

StelarSX

Jack In!
Ryusei no Rockman Q. and A. Corner

My goal for this thread is to hold enough informatoin about anything related to Ryusei no Rockman.

I actually have several questions myself. Like, is Bly even human? In Tribe Ep 2. Orihime-san said that Denpa-Henkan would happen reguarly. But with both human and a Denpa material thing. So anyone got any theories?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
As far as I know, he's human, and I've seen half of episode 4, where we see some Solo~

GSR

That one guy
Bly's human for the most part, but he's originally from Mu, where he presumably gained the power to Denpa-Henkan without a Denpa partner. I presume that in Mu there were the duos of human and UMA, and a select few could Denpa-Henkan without a partner, presumably from training or other such methods.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Alright, I've got another question. What does ryusei/ryuusei mean? And what is the proper spelling? I know it's not Shooting Star, that's nagareboshi.

StelarSX

Jack In!
It means meteor/falling star. ><. I couldn't find it in my Japanese-English/English-Japanese Dictionary. So what's the proper spelling? On the official site, it's spelled with one 'u'

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
And a meteor/falling star IS a shooting star :3 As we don't call it either of the former two really. I do have to wonder what the actual spelling is, maybe there's more of a certain letter? But even with dictionaries, a lot of the time, some words aren't there as there are a few words that mean the same thing.

For example, Ai, which commonly means "Love", can also mean "Sorrow" depending on the Kanji for it~

GSR

That one guy
Ryuusei is the same as Ryūsei - in Romaji that extra line over a letter signifies a u following it.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
"Ryuusei" is more commonly translated to "meteor" and "nagareboshi" is more commonly translated to "shooting star," but they're still completely the same thing.
The only difference is that "ryuusei" is the jargon used by meteorologists (you'll never catch them using 'nagareboshi' in publicized work), and "nagareboshi" is the layman term. People also like using "nagareboshi" over "ryuusei" because it's more musical and, if you know the language, it makes it feel as if the shooting star is in closer proximity to you. But there's nothing wrong if they wanted to use "ryuusei" instead to describe a shooting star.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ryusei without the line is "technically" incorrect - you should either have the line or write out ryuusei.

Dengar

In the end though, neither the Japanese, nor the rest of the word, really care about 'proper' romanization.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Just a question, does Bly get destroyed at the end of RnR 2? Also, is it just me, or does Bly seem like the Bass of RnR?

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Nope. At end of RnR 2 he helps Subaru and he's still alive because of that.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
How did I know he'd go good at the end? Well, relatively good anyway.

Man, I need to find a walkthrough for that game...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Bly's not Bass, he's Sigma. RnR is EXE's equivalent to Rockman X.

I think Bly will be recurring, just like Sigma.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Uhh, why You think EXE is related with RockMan X? Zero series is related but not EXE.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
You fail.

I said when I joined, my analysis on Rockman.

Rockman.exe is Rockman, IF the network had evolved, rather than robotics.
And thus, since the second series in the Rockman timeline is Rockman X, the .exe, or NETWORK TIMELINE equivalent of X is RnR. The game has yet to have an equivilent to Zero, the third game in the ROBOTICS/ORIGINAL TIMELINE.

So, there is no relation to the Zero series of games yet, other than the stupid virus, which doesn't really count other than a mere cameo for fanservice. There is no Network third series yet, so there is no Zero equivalent, period.

So Rockman in RnR is the equivilent of X from Rockman X, only his name's still just rockman.