- FA
- HA
- OA
- LA
- PA
- etc.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
lol. The four guardian biometals were probably my second favourite to use. Levi for finding junk, Phantom for the charge shiruken, and Harp for just being awesome in general.

That's probably my biggest complaint about EXE and Ryuusei.. I want to play THE game, not eight different versions of the same bloody thing. It's one reason I fell out of Pokemon. I enjoyed Red.. then I got Pearl. None of the middle games hold an interest for me because it's "more of the same thing". .. I just wanted to play a pokemon again that wasn't 8-bit :p
At least in Pearl it doesn't feel like it's totally "over" until you're 300 something hours into it. Once you get the national pokedex there's still stuff to fiddle around with. I can understand the need to have two different versions in a "gotta catch em all" game like Pokemon (I just wish they'd chill on the 500 + critters, plus with the wifi the different versions matter for nothing since you can trade a lvl 1 mudkip for a lvl 100 Palkia.. I've done this ;p), but for Rockman...? It's basically the same game except "well, this thing can FLY rather than RUN" ... e_e If they wanted to hold my interest in the series mash all versions together into one and give us a chance to use either the Leo, Pegasus, or Dragon forms. ...like they did with ZX.
Here's where people argue with me "but you can link and do so-and-so with it". So what? I'm 25 years old, I don't know a single other person in my area who even *plays* video games let alone likes the games I do. System linking? Don't really care.. it's not as fun to play against people you don't know (I play Halo.. it's boring going multiplayer-solo).
Ten to one most parents are only going to buy their kid one version anyway (Gawd knows I'd only buy one version of ANYTHING), so while everyone's running out to find "Rockman Plaid version" stores are going to have a surplus of "Rockman Chartreuse".
From a business stand point that's stupid. You'd have to asume that everyone would want each version equally so you weren't left with stuff people didn't want. Which isn't the case, people as a whole want ONE version. People who have their heart dead set on owning "Plaid" aren't going to settle for "Chartreuse".
(This is my other argument for it.. XD nice timing on the site's part.. http://vgcats.com/comics/images/080519.jpg )

Speaking of "Everything comes in threes".. notice the movie market? Now everyone thinks movies would be better in trilogies. I haaaaate it. MAKE SOMETHING NEW, stop trying to live up to the expectations of the first.

And somehow I turned it into a mini-rant o.0 hurr hurr. Sorry about that, but it went with the topic at hand XD;;
I guess the point I'm trying to make is it's risky to try to be different, yes.. look what happened to X7, but occasionally you may get it right (look at how many people are a drooling fanbase to see a Rockman 8 because of it). ZX is a clear example of what's *different*. It's nothing like I've played before. The only thing I can remotely compare it to is Castlevania.. which as a whole are *awesome*. It feels like a step up from Zero and I like the free range exploring and side quest stuff they let you do rather than just 'off to the next level'.
I just hope the next game wont have so many biometal forms as ZX:A did. Once I had them I never used them aside from getting from point A to B. It seemed like mostly filler and fanservice to me. My main problem of it is [Character] now has all these forms.. and they'll completely lose them by the next game with no explanation as to *why*.

I really want to beat up Aeolus, Siarnaq, Atlas, and Thetis before the series is over though. XB And maybe figure out how to get Prometheus and Pandora away from Albert's influence. .. I'd like to see them turn to the side of Ash/Grey like Harpuia did in the end.

Trivial;50555 said:
For about models, i somehow managed to find some fan-made model arts, like...

Oh gawd.. don't even get me *started* on my rants for fancharacters and their need to follow the new game trends and forms XP

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Tcatomon said:
I can understand the need to have two different versions in a "gotta catch em all" game like Pokemon, but for Rockman...? It's basically the same game except "well, this thing can FLY rather than RUN" ... e_e If they wanted to hold my interest in the series mash all versions together into one and give us a chance to use either the Leo, Pegasus, or Dragon forms. ...like they did with ZX.
Agreed. The way I see it, they just got lazy come Ryuusei. In EXE, there were so many different freakin' forms that had to be gained from different bosses/friends that shoehorning all of them into one game didn't make sense, but for not only two, but THREE different versions of the first Ryuusei game, just for one power-up you don't get until 2/3 of the way through, giving you NO chance to think strategically in battle other than "use Star Force/don't use Star Force"? They just wanted money. >___>

ZX = kickass old skool platform goodness

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
PrimoPiccolo;50592 said:
Agreed. The way I see it, they just got lazy come Ryuusei. In EXE, there were so many different freakin' forms that had to be gained from different bosses/friends that shoehorning all of them into one game didn't make sense, but for not only two, but THREE different versions of the first Ryuusei game, just for one power-up you don't get until 2/3 of the way through, giving you NO chance to think strategically in battle other than "use Star Force/don't use Star Force"? They just wanted money. >___>

ZX = kickass old skool platform goodness

What about the Cybeasts (BN6)? (Well, then again, you still had the Cross-System... what am I talking about?)

I haven't played ZX. Is it a DS game, or is it for something like the PS3 (XD, I can't believe I just said that, the PS3 is for 3-D games...)?

I didn't play the game and I wanted it. Now I'm glad I didn't get it. You know what they should have done, they should have made a "Denpa-Fuse" option which would be similar to (ElecTeam/DublSoul/CroSystm) in the EXE series. Except for the fact that no Denpa-form is friendly... that's a problem.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I'll pretend I understood of half of what you said. XD;; lol

Yeah, ZX is for the DS. Probably the best option so far for handhelds since it's backwards compatible (Zero series! ^^)... even if my thumbs find Zero series awkward to play on DS >>; *hugs her widdle GBA SP*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;50610 said:
I'll pretend I understood of half of what you said. XD;; lol

Yeah, ZX is for the DS. Probably the best option so far for handhelds since it's backwards compatible (Zero series! ^^)... even if my thumbs find Zero series awkward to play on DS >>; *hugs her widdle GBA SP*

I'll pretend I understand half of what everyone's saying about the game. (I NEED THIS INFO FOR MY FANFIC!!!)

ZX stands for "Zero X", if I'm mistaken. (Yes, if I am mistaken. I have no idea what it is, actually.)

I have all the Zero games on emulator. I've only actually played 1 and 3 to the end and even then it was only 59% (average of 59p per mission. I suck that much even with save-state capabilities :p). I don't have enough money for a real DS yet, so I'm starting to save up. The only reason I haven't started playing ZX (or even Ryuusei) yet is because I don't have a DS and there isn't a good emulator out, not to mention that even an emulator could simulate the real game experience, considering there's a touch-screen involved. (I'm pretty sure the touch screen isn't an essential part of any DS game that doesn't require drawing, but I'd still like to use the touch screen.)