RnR Dub Discussion

amtt

RnR Dub Discussion

Will you all be dropping RnR? Its supposed to Air on Toonami Jetstream soon in USA

dantemon

i just saw the dub, and it makes me want to vomit a little. i knew they would replace the OP song, but they should have done a better job, it was like a bad fandub.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
dantemon;6067 said:
i just saw the dub, and it makes me want to vomit a little. i knew they would replace the OP song, but they should have done a better job, it was like a bad fandub.

Yall are completely thinking to much about it... It's a decent dub. It's aimed at kids >>; Most of the people here are a bit older. And don't say anything about the voices... if it was vice versa for this show, I bet japanese people would think the japanese voices sucked... It's just because you are use to one thing >>; People have different opinions on what people should sound like and act like. And it's not like there is someone who matches up to japanese people's voices perfectly. I think they actually did very good on the voices, though Luna could of been a bit more preppy :p

Anyway, this is getting off topic. This is to discuss our release of RnR16 subbed. If you would like to discuss the dub, there is already a topic started about it so please talk about it there. :)

dantemon

sorry for putting this here but just for the record i usually prefer dubs to subs, and thinking back, it was mostly the OP that threw me, other than that it was half decent. i'm not saying it was the worst thing ever, it just seemed a like it was poorly done. i mean viz dubbed naruto and bleach, and i think that those dubs are great, but it's a little hard to believe that they were done by the same company.

nahxela

dantemon;6067 said:
I agree... The new opening theme they have is rather drab :/.
Also, the voice acting is kinda lame... Especially from Detective Gourida/Copper. His English dubbing sounds so... unemotional...
Kinda reminds me of Aeris from Kingdom Hearts II