Requesting Deltora Quest Reseed

OCG

Serbian Prinny
I would like to request reseed to Deltora Quest episodes. Thank you in advance

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Oh, sorry sir. But it seems that Deltora Quest hasn't been proceeded for years. I still remember that several years ago, I did the translation work for many episodes, but no furthermore works for it. I just wonder whether we should continue or not. But I could do nothing more.

Reactions: OCG

OCG

Serbian Prinny
Oh, sorry sir. But it seems that Deltora Quest hasn't been proceeded for years. I still remember that several years ago, I did the translation work for many episodes, but no furthermore works for it. I just wonder whether we should continue or not. But I could do nothing more.
How many episodes you did? I have found on one site 15 episodes subbed by DATS. Were more of them made?
I think it would be good if you continued because currently, only Brazillian Fan Subbing group completed all 65 episodes and as of 2017, there is no way to watch all episodes on English. I subbed Episode 53 myself using Google translate from Brazillian fansub but it would take so much time to do it for all episodes that DATS did not do. Plus translation won't be perfect.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Well, as far as I remember, I did the translation work from 18 to 65. But I am not such a good translator so that I need someone like Warrock or Futa for help. I nearly forgot this project for that it has been several years.

OCG

Serbian Prinny
Well, as far as I remember, I did the translation work from 18 to 65. But I am not such a good translator so that I need someone like Warrock or Futa for help. I nearly forgot this project for that it has been several years.
Do you have srt files or translation written in any text format anywhere for those episodes?

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Sorry, I didn't save those files on flash disk or web space. You know, Windows XP has been stopped for update since 2014. When I noticed this, I just bought a new computer and installed Win 7 systems. Anything which is not important has expired since then. I just thought that DATS dropped those project and I dropped as well. I don't have srt files for those episodes and I just upload text files which is stored in working room.

OCG

Serbian Prinny
Sorry, I didn't save those files on flash disk or web space. You know, Windows XP has been stopped for update since 2014. When I noticed this, I just bought a new computer and installed Win 7 systems. Anything which is not important has expired since then. I just thought that DATS dropped those project and I dropped as well. I don't have srt files for those episodes and I just upload text files which is stored in working room.

Oh I see. Too bad. I am not sure DATS ever announced dropping it and even anidb did not list status as being dropped but stalled instead. I think it was stalled then because DATS back at the time did not know that official localization will be so poorly done. I think subbing stopped when it was announced Deltora Quest will be localized in West. However, what we got was unfinished localization with episodes missing from original release, many bad edits like music changes and phasing of scenes is different. Not to mention that there were no uncut DVD's made ever. They even call DVD "complete collection" despite that it does not have all episodes. I am so frustrated that this anime did not get proper localization in West. If only it was Funimation that got rights... We would then have much better voice acting and also uncut DVD's with original voices.

I really hope DATS finishes fansubbing this alongside with Stitch!.
Its very unfair that only Brazillians now have privilage to watch all episodes properly with subs on their language. I would understand if this was some old anime that fell into obscurity but this anime was based off Australian books so its very mind baffling that it was never handeled with care by any fansubbing group.

Thanks so much for responding. I was very worried that these forums died fully. Its good to see another user to chat with :)

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
I searched torrents about Deltora Quest. I found no other English subs for this. It's quite a shame.

OCG

Serbian Prinny
I searched torrents about Deltora Quest. I found no other English subs for this. It's quite a shame.
I was actually never aware that anyone ever translated Deltora episodes 18 to 65 in English. I hear it now first time from you. I think it means it never got any publicity when it was made. Even finding first 15 episodes subbed and not dubbed was quite a pain. I only found them on one site for download. Rest was just dead torrents and dubbed.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Sorry! I seem to have overlooked this thread. Here's the more-or-less "official" response from someone with a Staff Member tag.

For reseeds, I don't think any of us actually have stuff actively lying around anywhere to reseed with. I might have them, but I know I lost a good chunk of DATS-related files due to a harddrive failure from many years ago. I pretty sure I had to make do with whatever I could find of DQ myself.

As for the rest of the series, DATS is no longer actively subbing anything. Pretty much the remaining core staff have real life obligations that prevent them from doing any fansub work on a frequent basis. So, while we haven't necessarily dropped the remaining projects, there will be very little, if any, progress on them. We simply do not have the time to dedicate to fansubbing anymore.

We do indeed have most of Zero's raw translations still, from what I can see. However, as @Zeromaru mentioned, they will need an experienced translator to check through them, and right now, none of our translators really have the time to dedicate to that task. If you have the resources to complete the remaining work and release to the general public, I can definitely inquire about sharing. @DQA was also working on DQ at one point, but I don't know if he's still interested and could help.

Anyway, this is probably not the most satisfactory answer, but this is the best I could do with what I know right now.

OCG

Serbian Prinny
Hello,
I see. Well, I definitely can release series one day myself fully in HD quality completed but it would take time a lot due to working on this fully alone and due to using Brazillian subs + translator from Brazillian Portuguese to English as a base since I am not good in Japanese.

DQA

Maaaate
Staff member
Verrry late reply, but might as well chime in for @OCG. I'm not working on DQ anymore (although recently I was messing around with upscaling raws). In terms of what's been subtitled, obviously DATS did 1-15, but 14-22 was also subtitled by ACG-ray=out (and ACG did earlier episodes too) and I think until 26 exists of Chinese --> English translations (not 100% sure but I think 1-65 was subbed in Chinese?). And then 53-65 is on YouTube translated from Portuguese subs. Unfortunately I'm missing a lot of the original files too, but good luck subbing it alone. The Portuguese subs sometimes aren't the most accurate translations but it would be good to finally have all episodes subbed in English. No idea why nobody's picked it up and done official subs yet though, maybe licensing issues with the English dub

OCG

Serbian Prinny
I've finished university and I'll try to dedicate myself with Deltora. Are those files @Zeromaru had available for sharing even if RAW? Or are they lost forever?

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
I've finished university and I'll try to dedicate myself with Deltora. Are those files @Zeromaru had available for sharing even if RAW? Or are they lost forever?
Hey, you know, when Shanghai is locked down due to the virus is spreading, I found text files in my old HD which I never throw it away due to I don't want anyone recover the file I deleted. Sorry for that I just see your reply 3 years after you post, but if you think it is useful, I will give you. But remember, it is just translated, my Japanese is not so good as you expected, I just translate it refence to Chinese subs. So there maybe some errors because of this.

OCG

Serbian Prinny
Hey, you know, when Shanghai is locked down due to the virus is spreading, I found text files in my old HD which I never throw it away due to I don't want anyone recover the file I deleted. Sorry for that I just see your reply 3 years after you post, but if you think it is useful, I will give you. But remember, it is just translated, my Japanese is not so good as you expected, I just translate it refence to Chinese subs. So there maybe some errors because of this.

I would be very thankful and very much appreciate if you could send me all you have.

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Here. Text only. No TLC or edit work.

Attachments

• Deltora Quest 17-65.zip
    181.4 KB · Views: 2