Recruiting QCers

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Recruiting QCers

We're looking for more QCers.

What do QCs do? You watch the episode for any errors. That's it. Srsly.

What would you have seen, if you were a QCer?
- Inazuma 6-8
- Kuroshitsuji 6-7
- Infinite Space 2
- Saru GetCHU 19-20
- Zoids 13
- Stitch! 03
- Super Secret Projects

That's just the stuff that's in QC right now! Everything that we've released in the past has gone through QC - so you get to see it subbed before anyone else!

If you're interested, please reply to this post.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
Is fixing anything ourselves a requirement? I could definately try, but I don't how good I'd be at it. Either way, I'd be interested.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
A QC's work involves noting errors of:

1) Grammar errors
2) Line leads/bleeds
3) Anything else that makes the video look awkward

Fixing the errors is not necessary, just noting them will be sufficient.

Duskv20

<strong>Quality Check</strong><br />Faded Savior
I QCed here for a short while, and I like to think I was good at it(I did an episode of Maple Story and I believe two of Inazuma Eleven) but life threw a shit storm at me right around that time and I kinda fell off the face of the earth. I'm back now, though, so if you guys would be willing to let me come back, I have much more time to devote now.

And I'm an English Major. :D

Duskv20

Futamaru;91023 said:
You are more than welcomed!

AWESOME. Totally just got home, so no QCing tonight, but I am ALL over that when I get home tomorrow. Oooooohhhhhh yeeeessssss.

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
I am interested, but do I need any specific system software or no? Do I need to know any other languages besides english?

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
3-DModelAnimator;91092 said:
I am interested, but do I need any specific system software or no? Do I need to know any other languages besides english?

A tiny bit of Japanese will be some help, but it's optional...

Umi

Qaulity Control=looking for any mistakes/problems before release.
Ideally, it would be someone who has a good grasp on the english language.
You sit there, watch the video carefully, be a perfectionist freak and make notes on any issues.

Some of the stuff you may be looking for would be
1) spelling and grammar errors, (if you know japanese - maybe corrections)
2) timing problems on any lines (start/end late or early)
3) video and audio is in sync and maybe video qaulity if it's the final version

But eh, don't quote me on this, i'm just a person in the group who makes videos. *runs away*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I'd also note that people should also have a firm grasp of all the series they're doing. To check for inconsistencies in translations or word usage. If the group translated something particularly important one way, and then for some reason left it as something else as a mistake (or something). Or to check consistency of what kind of and how much slang a character would use.

Duskv20

So I went to go QC some stuff, and apparently I no longer have the clearance to enter that part of the forums. o.x;;

Can that be fixed? I'm eager to start again. :D