Pokemon Adventures Re-Release

jpwong

Pokemon Adventures Re-Release

Looks like Viz is re-releasing Pokemon Adventures. Volumes 1 and 2 are listed on Amazon.com/ca with Vol 1 shipping June 2 and Vol 2 going Aug 4.

Hopefully this will be the resurgence of this manga in north america. If it does well, Viz may well decide to release past the end of Pokemon Adventures Yellow.

These are not "The best of", the volume descriptions actually read as if they are the actual proper volumes.

Vol 1

Vol 2

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I can't wait and even though I have downloaded Vol. 1-28, I am going to buy them all!!!!!!!! *begins waiting*

jpwong

Viz might have some problems if they ever release up into the Fire Red Leaf Green volumes and they don't correct the whole Blue and Green naming thing that north america has.

Otherwise, what's mewtwo get to say, that they truely are "Fire Red and Leaf Blue"?

Here's hoping that they'll re-release some of the other series. I have the electric tale of pikachu as individual comics, but I never got the manga book compilation versions when they were published.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Well, in the games, the guy is Fire and the girl (which is in the North American version, Green) is Leaf.

gheou

Well we were talking about this a lot in PC. (PokeCommunity)
I just hope people get over the childishness stereotype of Pokemon and embrace Pokemon Special. Mangafox has them if you want to read them though. :-p

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I know. I have downloaded them all. I still want to buy them though.

Pokemon Special is what Pokemon should be. It has all of the serious tones that the anime never has and also switches the characters in each story. It's the best thing about Pokemon that was ever created.

jpwong

Voltanis;85020 said:
Well, in the games, the guy is Fire and the girl (which is in the North American version, Green) is Leaf.

Chuang Yi makes the same problem in their version of the translation, so the effect when Mewtwo makes his comment about Fire Red and Leaf Green in Vol 25 after the two trade Charizard and Venasaur (ie how Red now has Charizard and Green has Venasaur), looses it's effect when Green and Blue's names are reversed.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Atleast unless Mew2 is not colorblind.:D

Guess that it is another case of an unfortunate chosen Name Change, that should haunt the people who did it later.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I had never even heard of it until I discovered Serebii (which was about the time of Fire Red/Leaf Green's game release - Wanted to know what a shiny Ralts looked like). Then I started reading about it...It seemed interesting...though it wasn't until recently that I found the manga.

jpwong

Galaxy Limit B;90076 said:
Best representation of Pokemon ever.

Too bad I still don't see any chance of anything past Yellow getting released.

I see a reasonably good chance. It's all going to depend on how well the series sells. Chances are, the only reason they're releasing this again is that the DP Adventure Manga is doing well making it a great opertunity to release Pokemon Adventues.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Galaxy Limit B;90127 said:
I wonder if it's still edited to high hell, as they supposedly were.

I don't think Adventure/Special was ever edited. "The Electric Tale of Pikachu", on the other hand...

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of them getting past vol.7, as long as sales do well. They've given the volumes a nice new look, and people are speculating that they will be re-translated. Amazon says it will be read from right to left as well, but, well, it's Amazon XD. Honestly, who knows though.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these volumes, Pokemon Adventures is my favorite part of the franchise. Wouldn't mind seeing Magical Pokemon Journey make a comeback too...(Yeah, you heard me.)

....And plothole or not, I LIKE the girl's name being Green. :|

jpwong

Hagaren Gao;90129 said:
I don't think Adventure/Special was ever edited. "The Electric Tale of Pikachu", on the other hand...

I'd say there's a pretty good chance of them getting past vol.7, as long as sales do well. They've given the volumes a nice new look, and people are speculating that they will be re-translated. Amazon says it will be read from right to left as well, but, well, it's Amazon XD. Honestly, who knows though.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on these volumes, Pokemon Adventures is my favorite part of the franchise. Wouldn't mind seeing Magical Pokemon Journey make a comeback too...(Yeah, you heard me.)

....And plothole or not, I LIKE the girl's name being Green. :|

I's undoubtly going to be read in standard manga format, and the chances it was retranslated are pretty good I would think. If they just wanted to leave it the same as it was before they could have had this rolling quite a bit sooner.

At the very minimum, it will read right to left. It would be pretty confusing to release it left to right when all the recent pokemon manga reads in japanese format, and there's that much more on the market now compared to then. The norm is to have it that way now.

weicteva73

Pokemon Adventures Re Release

I just finished the second volume of this manga, and, um......

-SPOILER ALERT-

Lucarios in it, and the main character Diamond is given a Riolu egg.

YES. JUST YES.
The author wrote the 8th Pokemon movie, so you know its good. Theres also rumored to be a manga version of the Lucario movie coming out soon.

aaaand our fanbase is finally big enough to get Lucario some exposure in a Pokemon manga albeit an obscure one.
I am happy.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Wrong manga. That's Diamond and Pearl Adventures. This thread is discussing Pokemon Adventures (JP NAME: Pocket Monsters Special). Also, the main character in DP Adventures isn't even named Diamond. His name is Hareta.