Pink line thingy on certain videos

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Pink line thingy on certain videos

Yeah, on some videos I play (Shinsen-subs' Black Lagoon for one), there's a pink line going down the right side of the picture. Takes up about 1/10 of the video. On another video, it takes up almost 1/4 of the screen.

I dunno what to do. I tried using the newest version of CCCP, but that didn't work. It's very odd, but I've seen it happen on .mkvs, .movs, and .avis. Anyone know anything about my problem?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
This is a long shot, but it could be on the videos themselves. I've had it happen to a couple episodes before. They were just made shotty.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
It's not Shinsen's black lagoon... I am/did watch it... but I'm only at episode 19. But episode 1-18 didn't have any line it them...

I've experienced Black lines on the top of my videos in VLC before, so it might be your player. Have you tried using a different one?

digiboy123

blink.gif;7939 said:
It's not Shinsen's black lagoon... I am/did watch it... but I'm only at episode 19. But episode 1-18 didn't have any line it them...

I've experienced Black lines on the top of my videos in VLC before, so it might be your player. Have you tried using a different one?

[Shinsen-Subs] Black Lagoon 01 [FBF35F0C].avi

So this isn't Shinsen's, eh? I must be blind.... And yes, I used WMP, VLC, MPC, Quicktime player, and so on.

Other videos the thing showed up on:

The new R&C trailer, released a week ago.
Episode 19 of Toward the Terra by Makoto.

It shows up here AND at my mom's.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Tcatomon;7963 said:
If it's showing up on two different computers I'd say it's the episode originally.

But you have to think... he probably has the same things installed on both :<

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
blink.gif;7966 said:
But you have to think... he probably has the same things installed on both :<

Hm, true, but it depends on what computers they have and what vid cards. We have one Mac OS 9, OSX, XP, and 98SE under one roof. o___o

digiboy123

G4bumon;7967 said:
I just got one question do you have a wide screen monitor?

No for both.

Hm, true, but it depends on what computers they have and what vid cards. We have one Mac OS 9, OSX, XP, and 98SE under one roof. o___o
Mine is a Windows ME updated to XP, but the other one is brand-spanking new. So, yeah...

And Scar, the only thing I have installed on the new computer is the CCCP and MPC. Surely that's not the problem.

(Also tried installing CoreAVC, but it dodn't help)

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Okay, this is going to be a very long shot, but try them to see if they do anything.

1. Change the resolution of the monitor then view the video. (Dose pink line appear in full screen or windowed or both?)

2. change the refresh rate of your monitor to a level supported my you monitor and 3D card. Then again try to view the video.

Maybe one of these work.
*crosses fingers.