Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

GSR

That one guy
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

...Oh, and Elite Beat Agents too.

OTO and EBA are a series of rhythm games that follow a bizarre (if simple) premise: you play as a 'cheer squad' (Ouendan) in the Japanese games and the Elite Beat Agents in the American one. These trios of serious-looking ouendan/Agents (or cheerleaders/Divas on the highest difficulty) travel around the city/globe to help cheer on/dance for someone who's hitting their breaking point. Each stage has a manga-style intro, the climax of which is the character in need of help yelling, at the top of their lungs, 'OUENDAAAAAAAN/HEAAAAAALP!" according of course to region.

In the actual game, the gameplay is quite simple; a series of circles with numbers on them appear on-screen, and you must tap them in time to the music (indicated by a second circle that contracts onto the first, indicating when to hit). There's some variations, such as markers that require you to drag the stylus, and spin markers (which not only requires you to spin as fast as you can but wreaks havoc on your touchscreen) but the basic premise is the same through levels.

The thing that really sets them apart is the fact the games have a kind of charm and humor to them really unique to them. You really need to play them to find out, if you have a DS and like music games, I recommend picking EBA up (or importing Ouendan or Ouendan 2, since they're really import-friendly.)

Thoughts?

Cloud668

<b>Translator</b><br>*geass*
I want a fan-made version (possibly a homebrew) that allows us to make our own songs!!!!

DtD

[Z?]
I had EBA for about three days...but mom read over the receipt and they way over charged us >_> So I had to take it back.

I want Oueden 2 so bad...but I can't order off the webs anymore.

GSR

That one guy
Cloud668;5694 said:
I want a fan-made version (possibly a homebrew) that allows us to make our own songs!!!!

There's a PC version called ClickBeat but it's not very good and hard to make songs for.

@DtD: I'm guessing you liked it then. Ouendan 2 is good, it has a diabolical mode that removes the timer circles and makes the hit markers disappear a beat before you hit them.