One Piece

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
One Piece

great stuff here,Anyone else watch this.currently on a marathon for this show.

please nothing about the bad dub.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
CN had to screw with it? CN has almost nothing to do with any of their anime except airing it o_o

I watch the sub, and stay along with Kaizoku-Fansubs :p

Anyway, the new dub by FUNi was recently announced:

Luffy: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Nami: Luci Christian
Zorro: Chris Sabat
Usopp: Sonny Strait
Sanji: Eric Vale
Chopper: Brina Palencia
Robin: Stephanie Young

Think they will be pretty good, we will just have to wait to see :D

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
funi is using the original openings and releasing uncut box sets starting at after the alabastia arc because they cant release uncut of the begining episodes becasue 4kids still hold the right till 2009

but i watch the same subs as you scar.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
They were planning to start from the beginning and release those in 13 episode sets about 3-4 times a year... while airing the arcs after Arabasta on Toonami =\

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
they cant start releasing from the begining because 4Kids own the rights till 2009 and they wont give it up.so they are going to release from were they start and make uncut sets from there until 2009

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
/me can't find the old topic that I made. D: Probably on the old forum.

Thanks to Scar (I think) for pointing this out. I never would've realized it.

ANN said:
Funimation's New One Piece Dub Starts Saturday
Cartoon Network will premiere Funimation's new English dubbing of Toei Animation and Shonen Jump's One Piece pirate adventure anime series in the United States on Saturday, September 29 at 10:00 p.m. ET. The Saturday showing will restart the series from where 4Kids Entertainment, the former licensee, ended its adaptation and begin the story arc known as the Skypiea Saga. The new dub features Colleen Clinkenbeard as the rubber-bodied captain Monkey D. Luffy and Christopher R. Sabat as the swordsman Roronoa Zolo.

Anyone else gonna watch?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Just to point out that ANN fails :p His name is Roronoa Zoro... not the dub name that 4Kids gave him.

Also, it seems that Vic Mignogna, the voice actor for Ed in FMA, will be singing the opening "Towards the Light" which I guess is a dub of the third opening "Hikari e" which is personally, one of my favorite openings :D

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Scar;11145 said:
Just to point out that ANN fails :p His name is Roronoa Zoro... not the dub name that 4Kids gave him.

Noo~ They follow what the dub is currently. Funimation is going to leave all the names that 4Kids did, for consistancy purposes. That's why I'm looking forward to their boxsets. ;) 100% uncut and unedited.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member

The hell, they said they were changing his name on TV even... the only thing that would be edited on TV would be the cigarette that Sanji has because of some regulation they have to follow... and then some fighting might be toned down a bit.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Scar;11154 said:

The hell, they said they were changing his name on TV even... the only thing that would be edited on TV would be the cigarette that Sanji has because of some regulation they have to follow... and then some fighting might be toned down a bit.
Does it matter? We're getting Uncut Boxsets now.

I'm watching the new OP dub now. The opening was decent, better then the Rap we have had. The voices seem to be emulating the 4Kids dub, but I didn't mind most of the 4Kids vocies anyway. Heh heh, Usopp is Krillin.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Bumping a bit of an old topic...

But anyway, the newest One Piece movie, the Alabasta one, will be airing in selected US theaters this weekend~ Of course it's the new FUNimation dub :D

You can find info here~
http://www.onepieceofficial.com/movie/

Also if you plan on ordering tickets online, look for the movie title "The Desert Princess". Not sure why they have it like that, but they do ;\

Also, if you aren't as lucky as some to have a theater near you for that, the dvd will be in stores on the 19th!

Anyway, I'll be going to see it this saturday :D Gonna be cool XD

Wanted1992

I ROFLed many times when I first heard that they changed sanji's cigarette to a LOLIPOP! Anyway I watch SUBS (DON'T LIKE DUBS) and now it is getting cool after the small filler (the Don Appatchino Family) and now they found their new nakama
the skeleton XD
and now it is interesting in thriller bark :)

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
So I was looking at the zstore/rightstuf today... and to my surprise, I saw this:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/C6S54VcqjlvF1kTR9t/browse/item/78085/60/0/-3880

One Piece DVD: Season 1, Part 1

So it seems somehow, FUNi was able to get the rights to do this afterall :D I'm guessing it might be 26 episodes seeing as it's 50 dollars and each one piece opening runs for 50 episodes+ rather than 26 or so ;o Can't wait for this~

So many boxsets coming out in May ;o (Gotta get Shinchan too!)