OFFICIAL: Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver coming to DS

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
With me...

Colors - Bulbasaur
Metallic - never played...
Advanced - Mudkip
Jewels - Piplup (Pearl), Chimchar (Platinum) - Turns out, I liked Chimchar much more than Piplup.

Tsum

I suppose since everyone else is doing it...

Color ~ Squirtle / Bulbasaur (alternating. Never liked Charmander all that much.)
Metal ~ Chikorita (always.)
Gem ~ Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip all saw equal use here, actually.
Jewel ~ Turtwig (although I used a Piplup in Japanese Plat and a Chimchar in Japanese Pearl)

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
The more I hear about this game, the more I want it x-x

R/B/G/FR/LG: Charmander (I actually wanted Squirtle though--but Charmander grew on me)
Y: Pikachu...not like you had a choice, but I love Pikachu so it works./
G/S/C/HG/SS: Totodile
R/S/E: Mudkip
D/P/Pt: Piplup

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Anywho, back to my question...

What are the Pros and Cons of Chikorita, Cindaquil, and Tododile?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Chikorita:

Pros: None

Cons: Bad Movepool, Bad typing against Gym Leaders

Cyndaquil:

Pros: Excellent Power and decent Special Movepool!

Cons: Not much...at least of what I can think of...

Totodile:

Pros: Great Physical Movepool!

Cons: Can't effectively use Surf...

At least, that's what I've noticed...Feel free to get other opinions.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ahh... So Chikorita's this game's Charmander, eh?

Then again, Charmander has some decent moves at higher levels/stages of evolution, even if he's waaaay overrated...

Even if tododile can't use surf well, Waterfall, a different HM, it CAN use well, given that it's a physical attack. ^-^

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Yup. My Feraligatr in my Soul Silver uses Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Fang, and Dragon Dance (I bred this onto it and traded over the egg).

But Chikorita doesn't even have decent stats and its movepool is defense oriented...Not too good in my opinion.

StelarSX

Jack In!
Chikorita and its evolution's are support Pokemon.

Give it say Toxic, Giga Drain, (it's Attack and Sp. Attack aren't that far apart), Reflect/Light Screen, and maybe use it for a HM.

Totodile is a physical beast. You'll want to give it Waterfall, Ice Fang, and two other physical attacks of your choice. (EQ would be ideal.)

Cyndaquil and evolutions are all Special Attacks. Eruption/Flamethrower is going to be your main power source. All of its other attacks are pretty much physical.

Going with Cyndaquil would make your journey through Johto easy, and Chikorita a little more difficult. I know I made it sound like 'Quil's movepool isn't all that great, but it would be the best choice. Totodile is just there, in the middle for an intermediate level of difficulty.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I found Champion Lance EXTREMELY easy with Totodile. I just Dragon Dance'd a few times, when he was doing weak attacks, and I could OHKO all of his Dragonite with Ice Fang. That's why I consider Cyndaquil and Totodile on the same tier.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, since my teams are usually really lacking in physical attackers, I'll probably go with Totodile.

... Ah...

Now that I think of it... I could use Totodile while still having a megaman themed team! XD

Nazo400

I just enjoy taking my pokewalker with me when I go to college campus, I get to play it when I'm on the local bus coming home.

Has anyone downloaded mew yet??

I bought my SS local, someone was selling japanese games with the pokemon at around $70 bucks I believe it was. (This was at NYAF- New York Anime Festival)

Note- Just some Photo's of the Soul Silver Box + Video
{X} {X}
SS Opening & me just walking around show different items

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Nazo400;127672 said:
I just enjoy taking my pokewalker with me when I go to college campus, I get to play it when I'm on the local bus coming home.

Has anyone downloaded mew yet??

I bought my SS local, someone was selling japanese games with the pokemon at around $70 bucks I believe it was. (This was at NYAF- New York Anime Festival)

Note- Just some Photo's of the Soul Silver Box + Video
{X} {X}
SS Opening & me just walking around show different items

I have the Mew already. *preordered the games*

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
So why did no one bump this to let me know it came out yesterday?!

Got it today... which killed my streak of getting all the games on their first day of release :(

Haven't started yet though, gotta charge my DS and do some other things. Prolly will choose Chikorititita :3

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
We all forgot that this thread existed.

I got it yesterday. So far played about four hours. Chose Totodile... got me notched-eared pichu, and yeah. Pretty fun so far. xD

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I downloaded it on the 13th ;)

...and chose Chikarita. Named it Chika. :3

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I got cyndaquil since it's my favorite out of the three. XD Though i've been begging online and with friends that if they can give me the other starters that'd be cool too.

i've been really slow with it since I've started to play Digimon Battle too.

I wish they allowed us to choose which pokemon follows. I always use the front slot to help me grind out pokemon levels but I want quilava behind me. xD

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
lol.

Someone bred me an Adamant Totodile with Dragon Dance :3 AND IT'S MALE YES I CAN MANY NICE BABIES WITH A DITTO?

I just... need to know wtf nature for ditto o.o;

Someone lent me their Arceus, jirachi, and Pikachu-pichu. so now I have those in pokedex + Palkia and Spiky eared pichu