No more inserts on Inazuma Eleven

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
No more inserts on Inazuma Eleven

Okay, we're currently 6 episodes in (staff wise) and in 4 of those episodes, they have used the opening as an insert.

I added a little karaoke for it the first few times... but starting episode 5, I'm not doing it anymore.

My reasoning:
1) If you want to listen to the song, hit the "Back a Chapter" button a few times, and you'll be at the opening
2) It takes up valuable screen space
3) It's annoying to do D: (When we have these weird spliced ones, it takes me upwards of an hour to get the script all perfect, because I have to listen to each line multiple times and make sure it matches up D:!!)

If they ever use a song other than the opening, then we might karaoke that. But really, it doesn't make much sense to do the opening multiple times each episode. ^_^

Look for IE5 and 6 soon!!

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
^ agreed. Though when the openings change in mid season it'd be nice to see the different ones pop up

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I'm not even sure how long Inazuma is gonna be. If it continues at its current pace, it might finish in 13 eps. :confused: 26 seems like it'd be one hell of a stretch.

chazle

<b>Super Special Awesome Translator</b>
even tho it was done for practically every episode of savers? *totally watched all of savers...* >.> i don't blame you. those "missing lines" were hell to pay.

btw, i think inazuma's heading in the direction of a reduced-eyeshield. so...somewhere between 26 and 52 eps, maybe?

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
If it's going to stick to the game events, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended it in 13 episodes, but if they stretch out to 26 eps, they'd have to slow down at some point or run some filler. XD

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Honestly, I am a little disappointed. Quality subs do require a lot of your time.

But if you must.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yes, they require time, but when it's the same thing (and is translated earlier in the episode) it doesn't make much sense. Why waste valuable time that could be put to making REST of the episode better on stuff that is just a repeat, and covers up valuable screen space? If you think about it, we normally get the inserts during battle areas - and those are the parts of the anime that are actually WORTH watching. D:

(An option would be to include a softsub track, actually. That would cut back on the time immensely, and would still provide the translations. What would people think of for that? I would be willing to do that.)

Lexis

that actually wouldn't be to bad an idea cause then those that prefer to skip past it can and then those that do like to watch it still get that option to see if it they want to..