New gen consoles

Danre

New gen consoles

PS3, Wii, 360. Which is best, in your opinion?

Pros, cons, etc. Discuss them!

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
Wii is the best feature-wise, but I like some of the games on 360, and PS3 I won't even consider because of its price.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
My order in favorite to least favorite is the Wii, then PS3, then Xbox 360, though I'd much rather play a PS2 than play an Xbox 360.

Wii

Pros: Really cool controls that gets you more involved in the game. Games are more about fun and less about graphics. The other features like Wii Vote, Virtual Console, etc. are also fun. Looks great on my HDTV despite not being HD.

Cons: Battery life of Wii Remote sucks when playing games like The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. AA batteries aren't cheap for a jobless high school student. Component cables were not included with it and are a $50 hard to find add on.

Playstation 3

Pros: Graphics are GREAT, especially on my HDTV. Games that appeal to me are fun and very enjoyable, the controller design is nice, albeit dated and the Wii's controller is a lot better. Blu Ray drive is included.

Cons: It's very expensive, but the included Blu Ray drive alone makes that price look more appealing. The L2 and R2 buttons are not very comfortable when pressed. Only Composite cables were included and Component cables or HDMI cables are required to get the full effect of the great graphics.

Xbox 360

Pros: Cheaper than the PS3. Games are somewhat fun, although IMO not as good as the Wii's games in any way shape or form (sans graphics).

Cons: No HDMI (This is a factor because the Xbox puts itself as a graphics oriented system.), no HDDVD drive included with the system, the controller is big and not as comfortable as the controllers of the other two consoles. Games don't match up to the Wii's games. Made by Microsoft. Every one of my friends/relatives who has had one has had to get it replaced (No, I'm not exaggerating.). When I had access to one in the house I stopped playing it after two weeks, it lost it's appeal.

There's my synopsis of the next gen consoles in a nutshell. I did not own the Xbox 360, but I had access to one for a period of 7 months, which was more than long enough to form an opinion about it.

Ryuuk

Shinigami
Akai Shuichi;381 said:
Wii is the best feature-wise, but I like some of the games on 360, and PS3 I won't even consider because of its price.

totally agree. Wii - features, X360 - games, PS3 - to expensive for the pile of garbage that it is.

I have a Wii and want a X360 and unless PS3 finds a way to fix the bottleneck problem and make some decent games and lower the price I will never consider it.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Wii:
Fun, good for parties, boring other wise...

PS3:
Big hunk of expensive things that most people don't need

360:
Awesome... Xbox live makes everything better :)

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
halo is the only thing good on live and i got pc version of it so i dont need an xbox except blue dragon when it comes

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
The Wii is great~ I <3 it.

I'm planning on getting a 360 next, mainly for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata, but still...

PS3 will eventually follow after a price drop... whenever that will be...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Wii: Wii Sports and Smash Bros.
360: Halo (1,2,3) and Devil May Cry 4.
PS3: .... hahahahahaha!!

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
The Wii pwns. I play it all the time.

I'm sure the PS3 will pwn, too, since I'm not the one that's gonna buy it for myself. Looking forward to Ratchet & Clank Future on it.

As for the XBox 360... well, I didn't care for the XBox, so the 360 follows suit.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
The WII. It owns. i don't have any games other than wii sports at the moment but it still is pretty darn awesome. It's got a lot of features.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
I was thinking that there should be a poll in this thread, although the results will more than likely be the Wii in first, then either the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
My dad had a PS3 for about 2 months, personally I don't like the controller, too small. x.x. Plus, not many games for it yet, to me PS2's a better system at the moment, and since that's not a next-gen system, kind-a 'eh. Once you've played a newer system the graphics on most games are like "ew" o_o

Wii, never played one yet... Theres a few games I wouldn't mind trying, but I just don't wanna drop $250 as the controller concept seems odd too me, though I've always loved Nintendo. My first console ever was SNES =3

I have an xbox 360 and loves it, the system kind-a sucks, not many good games, but even crappy games like Halo can be fun if your in a game with friends thanks to Live. Gears of War is probably one of my favorite games too, so wee.

Danre

I'd say Wii, 360, PS3 in that order.

The Wii seems like the one most geared toward the casual gamer, or a gamer who just doesn't want to shell out lots and lots of money. No fee to play online (Though the online gaming hasn't been fully realized yet on the system), games that aren't hitting 60 bucks apiece yet, and downloads dating back to the NES. Not only is the control scheme a novel idea, but it's far easier to use than it would seem at first glance. Only drawbacks would be the battery life of the controller, the lack of warning on said batteries before they die, and the current shortage of great games.

360 may not have a LOT of great games, but the few FPS's and other games available that are good are REALLY good. Add in the downloadable materials, the user scores, and other unique aspects, you have a well rounded system. Drawbacks would include, again, the lack of great games, the prices, and that's pretty much it.

PS3... has potential, but that's not saying much now. The Wii has various Nintendo-specific titles, 360 has Gears of War and Halo, PS3... is losing its unique titles. Devil May Cry 4 is coming out for the 360, and I believe Final Fantasy XIII is as well. The insane prices for a system so advanced that some TVs can't keep up with it ensures that your average gamer isn't going to go near it until it drops at least two or three hundred dollars in price. Higher priced games than the Wii, system problems, and a distinct lack of ANY good games leave it in a rut for the time being. Time will tell if the PS3 will thrive in the long run, but for now it's definitely taking last place in my eyes.

All in all, all three consoles have a LOT of potential. When you go back and play an NES game, or even an SNES game, it's astounding to see just how far video games have come. And hopefully, there's still room for improvement.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I'd say Wii - just for bloody Zelda. However that isn't going to make me go out and buy a Wii i'm happy with my DS Lite.

(prefers old school gaming)

Devkyu

Wha...?
I'll get a Wii eventually... when it comes out in pretty colors that match my DS. Until then, no matter how many good games come out, I won't touch one. I DEMAND PRETTY COLORS FOR MY 250 DOLLARS!

Ryuuk

Shinigami
Devkyu;655 said:
I'll get a Wii eventually... when it comes out in pretty colors that match my DS. Until then, no matter how many good games come out, I won't touch one. I DEMAND PRETTY COLORS FOR MY 250 DOLLARS!

I don't think they are doing pretty colors...at least not for a while.

Tsum

I'd say the Wii as well. I don't really have many favorite or even liked titles on the 360, and the PS3 is waaaaay outta this poor boy's price range.

Katashi

Devkyu;655 said:

Same here, I'm waiting for a color other than White. I'm hoping for Red or Black, or Pink to match my DS would rock...hehe It is in tradition of Nintendo to launch new colors for their systems at the 1yr anniversary, so I'll wait until Nov and see if they do before I'll purchase one. I do want one really bad right now though, damnit!!!

Vande;568 said:
(prefers old school gaming)

Hell's ya, old-school, 2d, top-down 3/4 games are the best! I'm still going back and replaying all the old games I grew up on! I cannot stand the way games today have been heading ~ all graphics and absolutely no story or depth! ~ {I play games for the crazy stories and plot developments devs come up with! Yeah quite a few of them have similarities, but there's always something that makes each of them unique and exciting in their own way.}

Anyway, as for me, definately Wii 1st ~ Nintendo rocks, always has; always will!

XBox 360 2nd {plan on getting the black elite model someday} I'm looking forward to all the great RPG's that are in development...

Uh yeah the PoS3....why does this junk exist? Even if it were $100 atm, I'd never consider another PoS from Sony.