Network Timeline General News Thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Miaharpy;97494 said:
Hmm... that is helpful to people who are new to the series, but isn't it kinda easy to tell which game came first any way? The BN and Starforce games are numbered and you can tell Starforce is after it because the year is 22XX instead of 20XX.
...Huh? Where did that come from? How does that have anything to do with the discussion?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
What? Those are part of the ROBOTICS TIMELINE! Wrong thread!

Jeez, can NOBODY use this thread correctly?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Well, considering the fact that the Robotics timeline thread is about 1/3 of the way down the first page...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
That's still no excuse. Use the proper thread for the proper news. It is a news thread, so it matters not if you resurrect it, so long as you actually have news to report.

haven't posted here in awhile. Oh wait...I don't think I've ever posted in this thread.
Anyway, does the upcoming Rockman EXE Operate: Shooting Star count in the timeline? Or is it too early to say?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Actually. I thought I DID post it in the right thread.. It was 3 am, so I think my eyes were crossed at that point. I'm normally in bed way before that.

Meh, oh well. Not like anyone posts there anyway.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yes, OSS has to do with EXE and RnR, which focus on the Network. Discussion goes here.

For Original/X/Zero/ZX/Dash, head to the Robotics thread. It's been somewhat... dead, due to the fact that there is NO NEWS AT ALL on the Robotics timeline... T-T

Haven't stepped in here for a while, kinda lost interest with the megaman series halfway through RnR2.

so anyway seeing if there is something new at TMMN I discover rockman: OSS which is supposed to be a remake of the first exe game with some starforce crossoverness. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed a remake or a whole new game pls? It has my interest for now, but if it is a remake I'll pass.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
It is a remake. I'd say enhanced port, but they do tweak the battle system a bit for the better.

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
The OP neglected to include MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge and MegaMan Network Transmission (both of which take place between BN1 and BN2). Also missing from the list are the cell phone games Rockman.EXE Phantom of Network and Rockman.EXE Legend of Network, which fall somewhere between BN3 and BN4 if I'm remembering them correctly.

I'm not one to care about such details, but I'm sure someone will be around soon to tell you to use the edit button instead of double posting. Although I just did :p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
NintendoMasterGC;126907 said:
Also yes, SF3 > the rest of the series. I personally thought SF2 was excellent as well, though SF3 definitely outdid it.

There's this thing called an edit button, perhaps you've heard of it?

Anywho, Vince, so far all we've heard is that they've hardly changed anything. I'm hoping that they switch Sword/WideSword/LongSword to the traditional Dream/LifeSword, but I'm not holding my breath on it, it'll probably stay as the boring old BetaSword. IF THEY DO... heh heh... heh heh heh... I know what MY folder will be built around!

Also, Network Transmission is there, marked as NGC. Since, you know, it was for the gamecube. They're listed in platform order.

Well I might pick it up still, battle network 1 was the only one I didn't play but I would have been happier if they made a whole new game to end the exe timeline instead.

Then again thats what megaman is built around, not finnishing anything :p

NintendoMasterGC

Rockman Subbing Editor
Role;126917 said:
There's this thing called an edit button, perhaps you've heard of it?

Anywho, Vince, so far all we've heard is that they've hardly changed anything. I'm hoping that they switch Sword/WideSword/LongSword to the traditional Dream/LifeSword, but I'm not holding my breath on it, it'll probably stay as the boring old BetaSword. IF THEY DO... heh heh... heh heh heh... I know what MY folder will be built around!

Also, Network Transmission is there, marked as NGC. Since, you know, it was for the gamecube. They're listed in platform order.

Yes, but there isn't a delete button, and since the forum double-posted me for some reason I was forced to include something in the second post. <_<

And the proper abbreviation for GameCube is GCN, according to Nintendo.

I didn't notice Network Transmission on the list when I first looked it over.