Network Timeline General News Thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Network Timeline General News Thread

So I was looking around, and...

GASP! No general network timeline news thread.

You know, these 'general news thread' things should be sticked, for those of you out there with actual power.

So then, this is for general news about EXE, RnR, and whatever will come next. This series is collectively known as the "Network Timeline", as opposed to the original, or "Robotics Timeline". Any news or updates will be discussed in these threads, and in this case, exclusively for the Network Timeline.

As it appears now, every year we get one Network and one Robotics Timeline game. This year's (2008) game for the Network Timeline was RnR2: Tribes. 2009's game is apparently going to be RnR3: Joker/Ace. Discuss what news you have of them here, so we can keep the multitude of 'hey guys, check out this new feature' threads to a minimum.

List of Network Timeline Games:

Rockman.EXE - GBA
Rockman.EXE Battle Chip Challenge - GBA
Rockman.EXE 2 - GBA
Rockman.EXE 3 White - GBA
Rockman.EXE 3 Blue/Black - GBA
Rockman.EXE 4 Red Sun - GBA
Rockman.EXE 4 Blue Moon - GBA
Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Time Operations - GBA (Japan Only)
Rockman.EXE 5 Team Protoman - GBA
Rockman.EXE 5 Team Colonel - GBA
Rockman.EXE 6 Cybeast Gregar - GBA
Rockman.EXE 6 Cybeast Falzar - GBA
Rockman.EXE Network Transmission - NGC
Ryuusei no Rockman Pegasus - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman Dragon - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman Leo - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman 2 Zerker/Ninja - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman 2 Zerker/Saurian - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman 3 Black Ace - NDS
Ryuusei no Rockman 3 Red Joker - NDS
Rockman.EXE Phantom of the Network - PHS

In the Works:

None at this time.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Enigma Supernal;72962 said:
Wait... there wasn't one? I thought there was but it got lost...
Geez... where have i been?

I believe I created that one, but maybe it was only the Ryuusei 3 GMA speculation thread...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
There's been a bunch of game specific threads, but not one for the timeline as a whole. This was made as a place for all the separate threads out there to have a common place to share info, rather than have it all stretched out between 5-6 threads.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Okay, 'what if' time.

What if... The Rockman 9 robot masters were Navi-fied? What would they be like?
Of the 9 EXE elements, what would their element be? What would their chips be like? I personally haven't played RM9 (I lack a current-gen console), so I have no way of accurately saying more than the obvious --

SplashWoman is Aqua Element
MagmaMan is Heat Element
PlugMan is Elec Element
TornadoMan is Wind Element

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Okay, it's been long enough, I'm fairly certain it's okay to post again now, despite being the last poster.

What is everyone's theories on the next stage in the Network Timeline?

For me, I expect it to be similar to how X->Zero was handled. Change in artwork style, as well general game mechanics. Both EXE and RnR had an emphasis on collecting chips/cards, similar to the acquisition of powers from the bosses of Rockman and X. I think it'll still have a role in this game, though there will be other things that take the forefront this time.

Now then, Zero had the option of Equipping various things - Elements, weapons, and armor, for instance. In this case, I can see the 9 Traditional Network elements being able to be equipped when they're found/recovered. I also think that you'll be controlling a Bly/Rouge-like character, and similar to Zero, you'll start with a sword and a buster, with a button to use each. Other items will become available to equip as they are acquired.

My guess is that they'll return to the tried-and-true EXE view in battle, and keep the Predation/Mega-Attack ability for melee attacks.

Chips/Cards/whatever will have a slightly different role in this game, perhaps the ability to use them outside of battle. Program Advances will remain, but I'm not so sure of Best Combos. Of course, there will be new things as each new game comes out for it.

I think that you'll have times you'll need to transition from the wave world to the real world to the cyber world, depending on what will be happening. You'll also be a kid, most likely with a partner (Netto had Rockman, Subaru had WarRock).

I also guess that it won't come until the DS' successor is announced and released.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, mister banned person, this topic is SUPPOSED to be about the discussion of the Network Timeline, but nobody pays attention to it, and instead they all make a billion or so threads instead, thus defeating the purpose of the thread.

johnxfire

Grand Saboteur
^ That's sad.

Anyways, on topic.

I'm looking forward to the RnR 3 anime. I enjoy the series for some odd reason. [Maybe it's because I didn't really watch stuff like this when I was younger and I'm filling the void? XD]

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, RnR3 will be released not too long from now in the US. For those of us not fluent in moonspeak, what do you look forward to?

For those of you whom ARE fluent in moonspeak, please don't spoil anything until the actual US release, thanks.

GSR

That one guy
Spoilers? EDGEWORTH GETS KNOCKED OUT AND KIDNAPPED BUT GETS SAVED BY oh wait wrong capcom game

Really, though, since RnR3 was the best in terms of gameplay, it'll be good to see what it's like in English.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Five bucks says it's still no EXE. And now we have a crossover game... This... does not bode well. If you're gonna do a crossover game, you've got to ACE it, or it'll suck horribly. I pray to god it's more like an EXE game than an RnR game, because even though I like RnR's characters, I firmly stand by my opinion that the gameplay pretty much sucks.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Wow, turns out that RnR 3 is actually pretty fun. Blows the previous two clean out of the water, that's for sure. It's still no EXE2/3 though. So, what's everyone's thoughts on it?

GSR

That one guy
It's very much the best game in the series. Unfortunately I missed my chance to buy it so I'm stuck with an "acquired" copy for now, which is not doing my conscience any good.

I also have no wifi and limited internet, so no brothering for me 'till I get back.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I enjoyed RnR3 in Japanese. I enjoyed it more being able to actually understand it (Though, I still hate Mode's English name).

All had scenes I liked, though. I've never been big on battles, but at least it didn't have 2's fight rate thing... dear god that was cruel.

I'm kind of sad I couldn't make a mugshot this game though...but I made an awesome Team icon.

syrg

I also have an acquired copy too, GSR...

However, the good thing that came out of it is that I was able to patch it and replace the English voice acting with Japanese voices.
I haven't played much at all though. I just don't like the dub voices -_-

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Really? I'd love to see the team icon! Though, I'd need to team up with you on my second file... for the first one... eh heh... Kinda fell in love with Rogue Noise...

Still, I'm surprised how much fun I'm having with this game, compared to the previous ones. I'm still actively playing it even though I've pretty much beaten the main story.

Miaharpy

Gamer and Artist
Hmm... that is helpful to people who are new to the series, but isn't it kinda easy to tell which game came first any way? The BN and Starforce games are numbered and you can tell Starforce is after it because the year is 22XX instead of 20XX.