My math = fail. Help? XD

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
An irony of my final years of math classes was that I could do horribly complicated quadratic equations and derivatives and stuff, but I couldn't multiply or divide two two or three digit numbers without a calculator. XD Kind of sad, really.

Now, I've forgotten most of the complicated stuff, and I'm happier for it. XP *tried, but seriously can't remember how to do this vertex stuff*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Mahh mahh... very true.

Everyone should learn how to do taxes and learn economics? XD

Ergh trig functions. I so fail now.

celestial_sacred

Kage;7736 said:
Yeah well I wanna be an electrical engineer or a computer engineer...

Explains why you're doing this question... It's the same thing as me. *laughs*

SSJ Jup81;7739 said:
That's different. If one is going into a field that requires difficult math, then no problem, but why do we all have to suffer if we have no intention or desire to pursue careers where that type of difficult (and confusing) math is required? I never understood why it's mandatory to learn certain types of math. The only type of math that should be mandatory is basic because we use it for everyday functions.

True true! Although I like Maths, I too feel that it's practical nonsense to take up advanced Maths for people who don't need it. It's just a waste of time and brain neurons. We have to learn calculus (diffrentiation) in high school. It's a MUST for science-stream students. >_> (note: I'm in a different country)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Oh anyone use the graphing calc or the Ti_83?

What's the buttons for sinh/tanh/cosh?

Geo

Functions+Geometry are the part of math that i hate most...i get dammed to solve a simple function problem..i dont wanna even think a about a quadratic one...<.<

nezucho

<b>Encoder</b><br>Resident Rodent
Kage;7987 said:
Oh anyone use the graphing calc or the Ti_83?

What's the buttons for sinh/tanh/cosh?

kage, if you press 2nd + 0, it'll bring up a list of all the functions supported by the ti-83. sinh, tanh, cosh are all under there. out of curiosity, why are you using those? i never really needed to use those until junior year of college :eek: (i'm an engineering major too) and even then, we have software like matlab to handle those kinds of things. but yeah, there you go.

ROFL i just realized how old this thread is ^^;;;