MMSF 2 For Those Who Don't Live "IN AMERICA"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBly101

Some Guy
MMSF 2 For Those Who Don't Live "IN AMERICA"

Well whether or not this is morally right, i assure you i will gladly pay my fair share as soon as it comes to Europe, in the mean time...

Those of us not bathing in the delight of Starforce 2, having most likely played the Ryusei counterpart in japanese on our beloved nds emulators, can rest assured that the same can be applied to the recent American release.

And just as a quick guide for those who want to know how to bag them a play through of the storyline (i like to leave the 100% play through until i get the actual game) heres what to do:

First you will be needing an NDS Emulator, theres a few but if you want really good functioning of the RoM i highly recommend the iDeaS Emulator complete with sound plugin, which you can download from here:

http://www.ideasemu.org/index.php?act=downloads

Make sure however you meet the minimum requirements to use this handy tool. Now you need to briefly set it up, first off extract the iDeaS emulator and sound plugin using 7zip (if i remember correctly that was the compressed filetype) and dump them both in the SAME folder. Now just start it up and configure it as you wish, if you want to know how i did it then as follows:
Under options -
All Layers
CPU speed 150% Normal
No Frame Skip
0 Rotation + Zoom
Lock Windows + SSE extention

Under Properties [Direct Sound Plugin]-
22050Hz
mono channel
Sync Best quality
Buffer 1sec

Seems to run smoothly with those settings but feel free to play around abit. The sound becomes an issue as you may notice, i haven't managed to figure out how to get rid of minimal distortion in the background so if you find a way to remove that feel free to state your alternative.

Seems that im not allowed to post english rom links but heres a hint while your at it: http://www.google.com

its pretty easy to find so no worries

Then its as simple as extracting the nds rom file from the achieve you just downloaded, possibly dumping it in the same folder as the iDeaS emu, and then loading it up, which by the way if need be said just Open then click the play button, enjoy

GSR

That one guy
The rules said:
x ROMs for non-English games are allowed, English game ROMs are not allowed.

Best remove that link before one of the mods does for you.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
MegaBly101;62210 said:
Fair nuf consider it done

Well, considering that you're suggesting that we find it in the first place, it wouldn't be very hard to find it on BitTorrent, and therefore you would probably want to not have posted this thread in the first place.

That being said, as long as it's not a direct download to one single ROM or any client-server file transaction, I don't think the rules can do much about anything but those... because I've already found the ROM in various Torrent packages and would only need the Emulator.

Didn't know iDeaS worked that well. I thought DS emulation was patchy at best.

And anyway, I don't live in America. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.