Mimi couplings... SOMEBODY EXPLAIN!

Frozen Twins

Mimi couplings... SOMEBODY EXPLAIN!

Alright, this has some of the strangest coupling ideas in digimon... who should be with mimi.

Gomamon: JOE!

Betamon X: MICHAEL!

eh.... Good point, let me make this clear, I don't want to know who she should be with, I want to know were some ideas came from. The basics I understand,

Joeimi, that one's easy, just look at first season.

Michimi (Michael Mimi) I understand this one as well, in fact, if you look at Mimi's kid in the end of second season, he looks like a younger michael.

Kousimi - Well, this comes from the movie Diablomon strikes back, I wanna know how it got so popular over those other tow.

Matimi - ... Question... WHERE THE HECK DID THIS COME FROM!

Michi - ... ummm... their's no evidence for this one.

So, could you guys please explain where the couples came from? I'm confused.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Frozen Twins;15975 said:
Kousimi - Well, this comes from the movie Diablomon strikes back, I wanna know how it got so popular over those other tow.

I think there was also an episode in Adventure where Koushirou and Mimi were stuck on a peice of File Island together. I really have no clue how this one got so popular either.

Frozen Twins;15975 said:
Matimi - ... Question... WHERE THE HECK DID THIS COME FROM!

Matimi as in... what? Who's this pairing refering to?

Frozen Twins;15975 said:
Michi - ... ummm... their's no evidence for this one.

I'm guessing that this pairing is MimixTachi. Hm... I guess it's just one of those random pairings somebody had to come up with, probably by just sticking a boy next to a girl and call it a pairing.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
megumi;15978 said:
Matimi as in... what? Who's this pairing refering to?

Matmi= Matt+Mimi. Which makes the least sence out of all the Mimi related shippings. Do they ever talk...?

Michimi for the win.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
For the record, I despise 'shippers. It's those people that have zero understanding of men and women simply being friends with each other. The reason so many Mimi relationships exist is because Mimi never settled down with any of the other DigiDestined, as opposed to Sora who wanted to get with Tai and ended up married to Matt. The only guys Mimi's never been linked to are Takeru, Iori, Daisuke and Ken, only because they're all too young for her.

But the pairing that's always confused me is Izzy/Lillymon. X_X

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Koushirou x Mimi pairing was popular way before movie 4. I have no idea why or how it became so popular in Japan. To my knowledge, and I could be mistaken, over there, it was one of the most popular Mimi pairings. Also, to my knowledge, Koushirou x Mimi is the only pairing out of the 01 kids to have a drama somewhat built around it.

The Adventure drama where Koushirou was writing out a love-letter, and got caught by the others, who were all trying to figure out who the letter could've been for. Taichi picked Sora first, but she went on to say that she wasn't interested in younger guys (harsh...it's only a year). Taichi, iirc, didn't like the idea of the letter possibly being for Hikari, so he figured that the letter just had to be for Mimi. Mimi was even cool over the idea of it. Of course while everyone was discussing this, Koushirou couldn't defend himself. Earlier, he had ordered Tentomon to evolve to Kabuterimon and to get him out of there. Mimi ordered Palmon to Poison Ivy Kabuterimon, and brought him back down to the ground. They then tied up Koushirou (his mouth was gagged, since he could only give off mumbling sounds). The only person who was against the letter being for Mimi was Hikari, which resorted in the two of them fighting each other. Tailmon evolved to Angewomon while Palmon evolved to Togemon. While all that was going on, Tentomon untied Koushirou, and he asked, once again, who the letter was for. He gives an answer, but the audience never knows who it's for, because his laptop beeps time he gives the name, so all we here is the "san" part of it. He could've been talking about either girl there since he uses the "san" honorific with all three of them. This particular drama came out in December of 1999. Diablomon no Gyakushuu (movie 4) came out in 2001.

Hmm, episode 10 of Adventure might have something to do with it too, and the fact that both Koushirou and Mimi shared the same 4th grade class. According to the novel, Mimi already knew Koushirou when they were on their way to camp. Her friends were laughing at him when Mimi wasn't.

Michael and Mimi, dunno if that was ever really popular, but I like it a lot still. She did hang with him when moving.

Jou and Mimi is nice too. They spent time together and all that stuff in the Digital World when it was just them, so I could see these two.

The only pair I never got much, was Yamato x Mimi...I don't have anything against it, personally...just like it one-sided, but the hints people toss out for this one seems to be from out of no place.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
PrimoPiccolo;15982 said:
For the record, I despise 'shippers.
You shouldn't "despise shippers". You should despise obsessive ones. I'm a shipper of quite a few Digimon pairings, especially Koushirou x Mimi (all-time favorite pairing period), but, I'm not going to go around and bash those who don't like the pairing and stuff. I'm also not the type to hold a grudge because the pairing didn't become canon. Those are the types of shippers I have a problem with, not those who just genuinely like a pairing.
The reason so many Mimi relationships exist is because Mimi never settled down with any of the other DigiDestined,
I don't think so, since these Mimi pairings were going on way before Adventure 02, like Koushirou x Mimi. They had a drama based on it.
The only guys Mimi's never been linked to are Takeru, Iori, Daisuke and Ken, only because they're all too young for her.
It's only a two year difference between Mimi with Takeru, Daisuke, and Ken. Not that big of a difference.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Yamato x Mimi - Where did this come from? There's no need for it to come from anything. It's the Cool Boy paired with the Pretty Cheerleader. This sort of relationship is a big trend among prepubescent teenagers.
(Interestingly, Yamato and Mimi had a big fight in the Adventure novels where Yamato pissed Mimi off so much that she left. I'm sadistically eager to hear the Mimato's reactions when they read that part. :p )

Taichi x Mimi - Mm, there was one time when he saved her when she was captured by Vamdemon. I remember browsing a fansite for it years ago one day, and the webmistress stated she liked the pairing because she imagined Taichi to be something like Mimi's knight in shining armor...

Some people like certain pairings because it feels right to them, or they look good together. Even if it doesn't have canon evidence, they're interested in the possibilities of their relationship. It doesn't have to make sense at all... I'm a big fan of crack pairings myself. And it's certainly not hurting anyone, as long as they're not shoving that pairing down your throat.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I most definitely agree with that. Look at Koushirou x Mimi. I was a semi-fan of the pair before I knew of the drama...the drama just intensified my liking for it. I don't have a real reason for why I like it...I just do. Same goes for most any other pairing I may be a fan of, even if there's no real hinting towards it what-so-ever.

Oh, onkeikun, what was the argument about in the novel between Mimi and Yamato? Any Koumi hinting for the novel by chance from Koushirou's side or in general, romance-oriented, or just friendshippy? :p I'm happy with either.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
SSJ Jup81;15983 said:
Michael and Mimi, dunno if that was ever really popular, but I like it a lot still. She did hang with him when moving.

+ Her kid resembles him and Tanemon can digivolve to Betamon... xD

This was always my fav Mimi ship because I found it the most possible and probable.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Kay-El;16045 said:

This was always my fav Mimi ship because I found it the most possible and probable.

I never shipped any Mimi ships but when I thought about who she'd end up with, I thought it'd be Micheal... Considering almost all the time I saw her in 02, she was with Micheal quite a bit. They were in America a bit together as well as in the Digital World. It seemed they got close. Friends, sure. Maybe even close enough to date and stuff.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Kay-El;16045 said:

Yeah, her child did resemble him, but, it's still speculation that she ended up with him since it wasn't outright shown or mentioned. He's a Digidestined too. :p

Frozen Twins

As for things go, the most evidence is for Michimi. I know their's always a few shippers for pairings, but their's a lot for Matt-mimi and Tai-mimi, that's what I'm confused about, or is it just the fact that everybody who does like real mimi pairings (Koushiro-mimi included, as it's liek the ultimate fan pairining) just do other couplings?

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I don't really see Koumi as a pairing, sure they shared some moments, but it's obvious Izzy (at least to me, anyway) really never showed any interest in her (he's more in love with his computer XDD).... Joe, on the other hand, outright blushed in one episode and I've been a fan of Joe and Mimi ever since I saw it. lol. Plus, it was cute how he volenteered to stay with her so she wouldn't be alone. No one else did. ^^;;

Sadly, the only hints were in season one, since they didnt even say a word to each other in season 2... ):

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Maybe, but Koumi's the only pairing of the older kids to be speculated on through the other characters, which means that, in Japan, it had to have been a popular Koushirou pairing or either a popular Mimi pairing. That love-letter drama was put out while 01 was still airing over there.

Frozen Twins

It just seems to me to be the nominated fan coupling, so I see it being "natural" I don't mean to offend people, I'm a Michimi myself... and would be a Jyouimi as well if it weren't for the best crossover pairing ever.

Jouzie!

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Frozen Twins;16248 said:
It just seems to me to be the nominated fan coupling, so I see it being "natural" I don't mean to offend people, I'm a Michimi myself... and would be a Jyouimi as well if it weren't for the best crossover pairing ever.

Jouzie!
Why can't you just like all of them in general and ship them? I'm a fan of Koumi, Joumi, and Michimi. I never understood why people seem to limit themselves to only one pairing for a character. It's like liking more than one is wrong or something. I'm one of those people who love Taiora but love Yamora as well.

SSJ Jup81;16253 said:
Why can't you just like all of them in general and ship them? I'm a fan of Koumi, Joumi, and Michimi. I never understood why people seem to limit themselves to only one pairing for a character. It's like liking more than one is wrong or something. I'm one of those people who love Taiora but love Yamora as well.

Maybe they don't all appeal to us as much :-O. I never cared much for Mimi pairings, really. I don't mind Koumi, Joumi, or Michimi. Mimato on the other hand, just makes me go >___>;. Really interested about the argument that onkeikun brought up x).

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
All I know is, this conversation has made me realize how my initial hatred of all 'shippers came to be. The name combinations... <____<

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I still go for Michael x Mimi for the reason of the kid and the fact they DID get close in 02.