Megaman 10 Confirmed for WiiWare

GSR

That one guy
Megaman 10 Confirmed for WiiWare

1260399904565.jpg

High-res version: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9190/wbqb8m.jpg

From Protodude:

- Mega Man is looking for a vaccine-making device to fight the 'Robotenza', which causes robots to overheat and go crazy
- play as Proto Man right from the start.
- third playable character yet to be revealed.
- computer-themed stage with mouse pointer enemies that draw boxes to throw at you, color-changing disappearing blocks, power treadmills and more
- lava level, vertically oriented, lava pools, block shaped enemies that can duplicate themselves, conveyor belts that push you down
- Only robot master revealed is 'Sheep Man.'
- Sheep Man: turns into 4 clouds that hover above and attack with lightning, earn Thunder Wool for lightning attacks
- features an easy mode

UPDATE:
- Sheep Man: turns into 4 clouds that hover above and attack with lightning, earn Thunder Wool for lightning attacks
- features an easy mode

1zp0d95.png
3343pyf.png
ilkuar.png

Not a big surprise given MM9's success, but damn, seems like it wasn't that long ago MM9 was announced.

Ooh nice, I liked megaman 9. Still wish they would use the megaman 7 Snes sprites instead =/

Gonna get it when it comes out though regardless, hope its for xbox live again :)

GSR

That one guy
GoNintendo got a tipoff from a source early and have posted the rest of his info:
Reader SeiferA sent in this rumor a few days back, but I held off from posting. Basically, it was a collection of rumored info on Mega Man 10. The post itself is dated from November 21st. When I first read through, I thought the information to be a little too detailed to be spot-on, so I held onto it. Imagine my surprise when Nintendo Power confirmed the game today.

Below I've posted the info, word-for-word. As you can see, there is plenty of information that was 100% correct. There's also some other information that hasn't been revealed yet. It may be mentioned in the full Nintendo Power issue, or Capcom might be holding onto it a bit longer. Of course, it could be fake as well. With that said, I feel that I have to share it with you, since the majority of the info turned out to be the real deal.

It will be WiiWare and keep the 8-bit style. 360 and PS3 seems likely, but I was only outright told WiiWare.
It will have no relation to Mega Man X (just pointing this out, since some people might think they might choose to do that with X equating to 10.)
Both Mega Man and Proto Man are playable (it appears Proto Man will be unlockable, or become available at some point midway through the game.)
There will be DLC to play as Bass. His gameplay will be based on how he played in Mega Man & Bass.
The ’story’ is basically as such: Robots get a virus that makes them sick. Roll catches it, Mega Man has to get Wily’s help to find a cure (Wily claims he has nothing to do with it, but… yeah), and the 8 bosses each hold part of the cure.
And here is the biggy… it will be two players. No idea if story mode will be two people, or if there will be some specialized two player mode though.
And oh yes… it’s far enough along that it is already being translated into English.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Way to totally blow off the Robotics Timeline News thread...

Anywho, this is nice and all, but I honestly preferred the series more from X and beyond. The mobility of X, Zero, and ZX contributes a lot to the fun. And man, this HAS to be a slap in the face to Dash fans...

GSR

That one guy
mm10page4.jpg

Protodude said:
Information summary:

- Expect a new ice-themed boss who dominates a glacier stage. It’s filled with snowmen with exploding heads and ice blocks which break if shot or touched.
- A sewer stage is home to new slug-like Metools.
- A stadium stage contains sports-themed foes like baseball throwing robots, and a soccer goalie mid-boss.

- a desert stage acts as one of the more difficult areas as sandstorms obscure your vision.
- The famous Yashichi item returns, and refills Mega's life and weapon energy completely.
- The shop returns from MM9.
- MM10 features difficulty settings: Easy mode is said to make the game’s difficulty more "in line with Mega Man 2", while hard mode is there for who want a real challenge.

- The game will contain multiple modes, achievements, challenges, leader boards, and downloadable content.
- Unfortunately, there won't be a female Robot Master this time around.
- MM10 is looking to release some time in March 2010.

Lol commando man. Can't wait to see the rest of the robot masters.

March 10 eh I'll definatley get this, probably on xbox360. I hope Bass makes an apearance this time.

this HAS to be a slap in the face to Dash fans...

Kind off, I would have prefered a DASH game but this is still good enough to get my attention back to the blue bomber. And realistically a new DASH game is about as likley as them ever finnishing one of their timelines at this point :(

...Now bring on DASH 3 capcom :p