Luna's Role in Ryuusei no Rockman 3

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Luna's Role in Ryuusei no Rockman 3

Well, as Ryuusei no Rockman 3 has been confirmed, I figured it'd be nice to give theories of Luna's role in the third game.

In the first game, Luna is the one who helps Subaru realize the feeling of protecting someone and helps him release the power he's had all along. She also helps him get back into society, even if it is by force, and it's after they become brothers that his frowny mugshot becomes a smile.

In the second game,
Luna helps Subaru get control over the Sword the Berserk. I also heard she is the one who convinces Subaru to go and get Misora anyway, again, a strong influence in his actions

So, now there's a third game coming out, which people have suspected and now has been concern with a official page being made. On the page happens to be this wallpaper (Which is also in the opening video and just sitting when you enter the site).

Let's see....There's some new guy, Solo, Misora, Subaru, Gonta, and Kizamaro...then Luna in the back.

Everybody is all >( except Luna who is all :-( and :/ or something. She's holding her hands to her heart, not showing anger, and it makes you wonder--it seems the world is ending again, Gonta has taken where she usually stands, and she seems upset about something. The question is, will she still have her role? What are the reasons for her different expression and her being in the background? Hopefully more information will solve this and more wallpapers, but for now, theories and opinions are welcome.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I don't think the wallpaper's trying to allude to an entire plotline, but I do suspect Luna's role will be either bigger or somewhat different, since Misora did the whole switch-sides thing in the last game, so her role's probably going to be more predictable, meaning Luna would have to take up the change of pace in characterization.

Maybe she falls in love with one of the new bad guys? That'd be pretty interesting.

Emi-hime

PrimoPiccolo;45643 said:
I don't think the wallpaper's trying to allude to an entire plotline, but I do suspect Luna's role will be either bigger or somewhat different, since Misora did the whole switch-sides thing in the last game, so her role's probably going to be more predictable, meaning Luna would have to take up the change of pace in characterization.

Maybe she falls in love with one of the new bad guys? That'd be pretty interesting.

Yeah, I know, I just have weird thoughts, especially as Luna usually has that determined-hands on hips pose and here it's like how she probably was when her parents were being jerks. I'd love to see Luna's role be bigger, and yeah, Misora's role probably won't be that surprising, she can't really be surprising for that long :/ I'd love to see more Luna!Charatization.

Wow, that would be fairly interesting, though, she seems fairly devoted to her Rockman-sama, so who knows :p Still, would be interesting to see.

I just find any change odd and have to question it immediately XD

Trivial

Well, i prefer with the way she is
She is already fine and good being like that for 2 series of RnR
If she were to change in RnR 3, that's kinda........ different
I still like my Luna with the way she is

Emi-hime

I don't think she's going to change personality-wise at all ^^; She may just grow up a bit more, like all people do.

I wonder how long after game 2 this takes place. #2 takes place 2 months later I believe.

Emi-hime

MugenSeiRyuu;47364 said:
I would say that something bad happens to her.

That would make sense, with her facial expression...plus something bad has happened to her the first two times XD

The Ophiuchus thing and the issue with her parents in the first game (We won't go into the Ox issues and the issue with Libra as well) and in the second game, she's taken just like everyone else.

But yeah, makes you wonder what specifically bad could happen to her this time...

Emi-hime

PrimoPiccolo;47458 said:
Flat broke.

XXD It's not like she really boasted much about being rich in the game anyway. Though, it'd be interesting to see where she'd stay and stuff.

PrimoPiccolo

Emi said:
XXD It's not like she really boasted much about being rich in the game anyway. Though, it'd be interesting to see where she'd stay and stuff.
Subaru's room. OMGdrama!

PrimoPiccolo

I can already see the cutscene.

(FADE IN)
Interior of Subaru's room

::Luna looks outside Subaru's window::
::Subaru enters his room, looks over to the window, looks back where he was going, then quickly looks back at the window again and hops::

Subaru: What are you doing in my room?!

::Luna turns around::

Luna: Your mom said I could stay here.
Subaru: My mom's too kind for her own good...
Luna: What'd you say?
Subaru: Nothing!

Emi-hime

God, is it bad I really would love to see this happen? XD I'd also feel upset if it didn't. At least there's always fanfiction >>

ZeroD

I'd say the 'something bad happening' is probably a good bet, based on the expression. Whatever the catalyst is, I'd guess it's going to involve a good bit of character development for Luna. Which will be great.

Emi-hime

ZeroD;47613 said:
I'd say the 'something bad happening' is probably a good bet, based on the expression. Whatever the catalyst is, I'd guess it's going to involve a good bit of character development for Luna. Which will be great.

Yeah, I'd like to see more character development from her.

Either way, I still find it interesting have everyone seems all determined except her...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hmm, I wonder, from news I've gotten, it doesn't look like she's going Ophiuchus Queen any more... I mean, she's got a different Wizard thing, right? I hope the info's wrong... I like Ophiuchus! Though, I can see why she might not like it... bad memories tied with it and what not...

I'd like to see more character development as well. I mean, I'd be great if she finally accepted the fact that she likes Subaru. She still in RnR2 doesn't seem to accept the fact that her lovely Rockman and Subaru are the same...

Of course, Subaru development would be nice too. Er, that is, development towards Luna. He needs to stop going on dates with Misora! She's gonna go off on another homicidal rampage if he's not careful! Misora's dangerous!

Emi-hime

Role;61087 said:
Hmm, I wonder, from news I've gotten, it doesn't look like she's going Ophiuchus Queen any more... I mean, she's got a different Wizard thing, right? I hope the info's wrong... I like Ophiuchus! Though, I can see why she might not like it... bad memories tied with it and what not...

I'd like to see more character development as well. I mean, I'd be great if she finally accepted the fact that she likes Subaru. She still in RnR2 doesn't seem to accept the fact that her lovely Rockman and Subaru are the same...

Of course, Subaru development would be nice too. Er, that is, development towards Luna. He needs to stop going on dates with Misora! She's gonna go off on another homicidal rampage if he's not careful! Misora's dangerous!

I like Ophiuchus too, but it'd be nice to see her as something other than a freaky snake queen. I think it'd be cool if they all got denpa-human-y forms rather than full-metal-animal-like forms. Though, I don't remember seeing any Wizard thingy with Luna...

She seems to accept it a bit in the 2nd game though, especially when you do her job and she yells at Geo for helping her because she wanted to cook for HIM. Not Megaman, but for him, as Geo. I'm not sure if it's the same in the original though--but I think it would be. Plus, I can imagine she does accept it (several times she more or less says he is), just it's probably awkward to say she likes both. Her secret does say she likes both of them, but again, if she was specific, it'd be weird as Subaru would know and she'd have to hear it from Gonta and Kizamaro, and it'd be a frustrating situation.

His dates with her seem lame anyway. Though, I still don't think the first one was much of a date--this second one kind of was with her flirting, but I still think it was pretty bleh. I'm not sure if he really sees them as a date kind of thing anyway.

Emi-hime

Sorry in ahead of time for a double post, but with the newest info that came to light, I think it's time to think of more stuff with Luna.

I'm thinking her role could be similar to Misora's in the second game.
She learns something or is forced to do something to help protect Subaru, but has to "betray" him in order to do so.

Seeing how everybody, including herself, has a "wizard" to help them fight, I can't think of any other reasons why she'd be like that.