Luna from Starforce

Miaharpy

Gamer and Artist
Luna from Starforce

It seems some people don't even look at the personalities enough to even notice about Luna on Starforce. This is also the reason why there is a love war (I will not be saying which is my favorite couple).

There are 3 notices about Luna's personality.

1. Fangasm for Rockman
2. Always being rescued by Rockman
3. Gets angry when it deals about not being with Rockman.

Now let's take a memory lane from Rockman exe where we see the lovely couples NettoXMeiru and RockmanXRoll. And now what if we took away Netto-kun from the picture and made Rockman and Roll humans? You can probably see where this is going.

Okay, after that, some of you probably realized how crazy War-Rock is more like Netto, love to fight, hate school, gets into trouble. Well, because of this, some believe that Lyra should be Roll too all because she's not human like War-Rock. Lyra is too mature for her own good and she doesn't not love War-Rock, as you can easily see from all the episodes and all the games.

You can also tell Misora is like Meiru from her personality as well. So as you can see the similarities between the characters. If it was how I said before, Mieru and Roll would fight over Rockman if Netto was out of the picture and they were all human. And if you look at RnR, it would be Misora and Luna fighting over Rockman.

So, this is how they get a love triangle sort of thing and bring to you the love war. The creators probably thought having a love fight is better than having separate couples like NettoXMeiru and RockmanXRoll when that's what we are truely fighting over.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Tsundere (ツンデレ<sup>?</sup>) is a Japanese concept of a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, irritable, and/or violent personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone). It can also describe a contradictory personality which is good-willed on the inside, but with a harsh attitude on the outside. Originally found in Japanese bishōjo games, the word is now part of the otaku moe phenomenon, reaching into other media such as anime, manga, novels, and even mass media. The term tsunderekko refers to a girl who is a tsundere.

This is Luna.

Miaharpy

Gamer and Artist
Roll is a Tsundere too. Your just in huge denial.... Guess you don't want to believe Roll is like Luna

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...Don't think Roll is that, nope. Surely not in the games, and from what I remember, I don't see her acting even close to that.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Actually...Luna is more like Meiru personality-wise. Misora is just like Meiru look-wise.

Luna's looks are closer to Roll's though while Misora is more like Roll personality-wise.

The thing with Luna is, as Role pointed out, she is a Tsundere (as she tries to be very self-assured and conceited to hide some of her insecure and more sensitive feelings), and most people will just look at her and be like "OMGSHE'SAB****". The thing is, Luna is a character that takes more than just a quick glance to understand.

Those who dislike her either judged her right away (it's not like the Anime helped at all with her personality as they killed 90% of her character development and Luna settled with the fact that Subaru was Rockman right away after she saw him in the game) without really looking deep into her personality or giving her a chance OR they immediately were all "other shipping is canon so other girl sucks".

It's just harder for people to like a "deeper" character because then they have to use their brains and most people are lazy nowadays.

Miaharpy

Gamer and Artist
What the heck are you talking about? Luna is nothing like Meiru... I know because Luna IS one of my favorite characters. You think I said Luna is more like Roll because I hate her or don't know much about her? If I knew better, you don't know Roll enough.

Emi-hime

Miaharpy;98022 said:
What the heck are you talking about? Luna is nothing like Meiru... I know because Luna IS one of my favorite characters. You think I said Luna is more like Roll because I hate her or don't know much about her? If I knew better, you don't know Roll enough.

Actually, she is, and Luna IS my favorite character so I do know her quite well. And no, I never said that. I just don't see how Luna is more Roll-like as while Roll had some tsundere tendencies (though, more related to Jealousy I believe than over all), she was more happy-smile about everything. I just think you're quick to jump to things.

While Luna plays a Roll role (side support character and cheering on her MegaMan), I still don't think the personality 100% fits, though, it could if you only paid attention to the Anime.

I said Luna is like Meiru due to the similar "GOOD JOB, BUT I DON'T REALLY HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU EXCEPT I DO AND YOU ARE JUST TOO MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO NOTICE." thing. Meiru may not be as much of a tsundere, but they're closer than Luna is to Roll. Plus, they both play Piano too and a few other things that I'm not really feeling well to point out.

While Misora has the whole Roll happy-outlook though, some of the appearances of some of the "side rivals" in ways how she randomly shows up and does things. Misora is way too headstrong to be compared to Meiru in anything besides appearance.

Really though, Luna is too awesome to have a counterpart as she as a lot of new things than being some more or less copy.

Either way, RnR is a new game and it needs to stop being compared to EXE. Some characters may be similar or based off things, but it's a new Era and we should treat them all differently.

It's like being constantly told you look like your mother/father. It gets annoying, so just let the characters be XP

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I agree, everyone seriously needs to stop comparing it to EXE. After all, IMO, RnR is the X of the Network Timeline.

Subaru and Warrock strike me more like X and Zero than they do Netto and Saito, for instance. Subraru, with his reluctance to fight, and Warrock being quick to strike. Both are their own characters, though, I must say, they're not exactly like X and Zero.

Solo/Bly/Rouge/WHATEVER also has some traits of Zero, though I must say there's a bit of Robotics Blues and Forte in there as well. An... interesting hodgepodge of characters, if you must compare him to others.

I can keep going, if you want, though. There's plenty more comparisons to do.

Emi-hime

Yeah, I mean, even if the characters can look similar too (I'm pretty sure everyone can agree Netto and Subaru look very alike), the personalities are just too different to compare and say THISCHARACTERISSOOBVIOUSLYTHEWHATEVERFORTHISSERIES. They may have some similar traits, but everyone does, after all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I mean, Mega Man is always blue--that doesn't mean it's always the same personality Mega Man.

toyloli

um..... just throwing a spanner in the works....
Even though I'd watched megaman, and as much rockman.exe (and played one of the games) before watching 'starforce'.

When I sat down and watched it I immediately likened Luna to Ami Mazuno, Misora to Minako Aino, Subaru as Usagi Tsukino and the routine that she harp note and rockman pull off exactly the same as tuxedo kamen and sailor moon.

And by now you know what I'm talking about.

And if you look at the show - thats what this is. The world of anime is full of magical girl cartoons - well this is a magical boyx cartoon.
The conventions, transformation, summoning etc all fits with the genre and even plays on some of the familia conventions and scenes!
For pitty sake - the 'net navies' (FM aliens) even LOOK like the magical creatures most magic-girls have with them.

And I think thats how the show should be approached - as a blatant attempt to take the characters from the rockman series and reformat them to a magical girl theme.
Trying to draw parallels is like trying to find parallels between power rangers and voltron.
Yeah, some things may match up but they aren't intended to be compared to each other.

megamaid

Role;97726 said:
Tsundere (ツンデレ<sup>?</sup>) is a Japanese concept of a character archetype which describes a person with a conceited, irritable, and/or violent personality that suddenly becomes modest and loving when triggered by some sort of cause (such as being alone with someone). It can also describe a contradictory personality which is good-willed on the inside, but with a harsh attitude on the outside. Originally found in Japanese bishōjo games, the word is now part of the otaku moe phenomenon, reaching into other media such as anime, manga, novels, and even mass media. The term tsunderekko refers to a girl who is a tsundere.

This is Luna.
yup Luna is a total tsundere allright