Looking for comments on release page change...

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Dizzy. It reminds me of my history book, a page full of text. Airdate, release thread and discussion thread can be put on the same line, also make them better. Everything on the same font size just doesn't look good (at least to me).

"Release Thread: Here" could be made "Release Thread"

In addition to crossing out old file names, you should also make them darker (harder to read) so that the main focus will be on the new names.

The title name could be made larger and have the "Juushin Enbu - Hero Tales - " part removed as it's redundant because the entire page is about JE already.

I can't think of anything more at the moment. But it'll look good if the font size varied a little :)

Akaku

コード・ブルー
So, I haven't commented yet. D:

So, I really really like the links on the right side~ It gives Anime Fans places to go for info and such~

I agree with Pawitp about the old releases, well, sorta. I actually don't know what to say here b/c I would rather just have them be lowered in font size since it looks ugly. But then again, errors aren't supposed to look pretty.

I suppose it can look good on another series that isn't a mess. D:

Doesn't look bad overall~

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Scar;61419 said:
So like... I was totally unaware Greg changed the way those pages are done at the moment.

I forgot we redid the site... and back on the old site back during halloween or whatever, we had it so that each episode had it's own page... and that's what I was going off of.

-is oblivious-
++
Yuumei;61424 said:
Two posible solutions I can think of for this are either making a page anchor or making a new page, leading to, say, the first and second halves of a series.
It would be easy to do a little linkbar at the top
<a href="#ep1">Ep1</a>, <a href="#ep2">Ep2</a>...
celestial_sacred;61539 said:
Never mind about the crowded issue. It looks fine now.
o.o Nothing has changed.
pawitp;61542 said:
Dizzy. It reminds me of my history book, a page full of text. Airdate, release thread and discussion thread can be put on the same line, also make them better. Everything on the same font size just doesn't look good (at least to me).
rofl at history book.

Why put them on the same line? It seems to me that it would look more crowded and harder to navigate. I could see Release Thread and Discussion Thread (a "Links" line?) but I at the same time can't think of anything else that would go in that. (Unless like v1 threads?)
pawitp;61542 said:
"Release Thread: Here" could be made "Release Thread"
I dunno about you, but I think it looks stupid when it's done like that. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
pawitp;61542 said:
In addition to crossing out old file names, you should also make them darker (harder to read) so that the main focus will be on the new names.
Yeah, that can be done I guess. :3
pawitp;61542 said:
The title name could be made larger and have the "Juushin Enbu - Hero Tales - " part removed as it's redundant because the entire page is about JE already.
I can see that.
pawitp;61542 said:
I can't think of anything more at the moment. But it'll look good if the font size varied a little :)
Akaku;61545 said:
So, I haven't commented yet. D:
No, you haven't. Fail :(
Akaku;61545 said:
So, I really really like the links on the right side~ It gives Anime Fans places to go for info and such~
Yeah, it's something most groups do on their project pages, and so I thought it'd make sense for us to as well.

On a more... wide known series, we could also link to fansites or something.
Akaku;61545 said:
I agree with Pawitp about the old releases, well, sorta. I actually don't know what to say here b/c I would rather just have them be lowered in font size since it looks ugly. But then again, errors aren't supposed to look pretty.
Remember guys that JE is kinda an exception, since we've had more v2s than releases (well, almost) and we've also done a renaming.

The page would look much cleaner on something like... Penguin. Where there never will be a v2. :x
Akaku;61545 said:
I suppose it can look good on another series that isn't a mess. D:
/me nod
Akaku;61545 said:
Doesn't look bad overall~
thanks <3

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Boy 412 said:
I dunno about you, but I think it looks stupid when it's done like that. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

It looks stupid on it's own line.
"Release Thread" looks stupid
"Aired: October 27, 2008 | Release Thread | Discussion Thread" doesn't look stupid nor crowded especially when we have ~600px to spread them out on.

It can look like this (though something needs to be done to the file names)
captureyz3.jpg

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Pad all you want then :p

As for the file names, split it into headings. Like the main heading will be v1, v2 and the sub-heading will be xvid, h264 SD, h264 HD. (v1 could be omitted for episodes which only have 1 version)