Looking for comments on release page change...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Looking for comments on release page change...

So I was a tad bored when I got home, and decided to play around with the release page a bit.

I've done the changes on the Juushin Enbu page, which you can find [surl=http://dats.us/portal/?page=projects/sub/juushinenbu]here[/surl].

What do you guys think of it? Should I change them all, or go back to the old format?

Or, if you like the new one, what could I change to make it better?

Magna

I don't really mind it, but I like the old way a bit more, since it's a lot easier and quicker to navigate ^^;

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Magna;61285 said:
I don't really mind it, but I like the old way a bit more, since it's a lot easier and quicker to navigate ^^;
Take a look at the Savers page, and you'll probably take that back. :/

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Personally like the old one...

Alot neater and clean... because by the time we finish a whole series where we have 2 versions of each episode, the page will be huge o.o

Trivial

It looks good
My suggestion is the color, i guess you can try on a brighter color for the main color of the page, Scip

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Looks very good. Each episode has it's own table and summary isn't a piece of shit but it has it's own corner. For me new one is good.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Never saw the old one, so I'd have to say the new one is good for what it is!

On another note, phooey that Beast+ is still inactive.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Scar;61289 said:
Personally like the old one...

Alot neater and clean... because by the time we finish a whole series where we have 2 versions of each episode, the page will be huge o.o
But, at the same time, it offers extra information. Like the airdates and whatnot.

And I personally find the box-per-episode easier to follow than the "standard" of having it sorted by release date. Ex, the Savers page.
Hagaren Gao;61293 said:
I like the new one myself, it's a lot nicer on the eyes, imo.
Okay, thanks.
NikeGolfer;61297 said:
I like the new one as well.
Woo, yay.
Trivial;61300 said:
It looks good
My suggestion is the color, i guess you can try on a brighter color for the main color of the page, Scip
The whole thing is styled like the rest of the site. Someday I'll design a light skin for the site...
celestial_sacred;61323 said:
To me, it's great! Just a little crowded. Try spacing them a little?
What's crowded?
Nemomon;61339 said:
Looks very good. Each episode has it's own table and summary isn't a piece of shit but it has it's own corner. For me new one is good.
Okay...
tricky77puzzle;61353 said:
Never saw the old one, so I'd have to say the new one is good for what it is!
Look at any of the other Project pages for a glimpse of what it used to look like.

To note, I did it on the JE one because we have had SO many rereleases of those... v2s galore, and renamings and whatnot.
tricky77puzzle;61353 said:
On another note, phooey that Beast+ is still inactive.
-.-

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
But seriously... say once we finish something like Tamers, which will have two releases each, totaling over 100 different files.... how long is that list going to be?

For JE we have only released 16 different files minus the SD h264... and the page is already decently big.

And also about the air date... what are you going to put for shows like OLD ANIME or such. Also with this new version, it removed the staff credits. And yes, I know the forum topics had them, but the old version had both staff and forum topic.

Hell, we don't even have a real staff page. You just link to the page that lists everyone with different masks or what not.

-rantend-

Yuumei

Spinzaku
I think the new one looks pretty neat! I like it better.

I'm not a fan of the dashed table border though...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Hmm, even though the new one does look better, but I think Scar does have a point there.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I think I see a minor problem here. Ryan, do you realize what I changed it from? Right now for everything we just have simple lists of releases. For example, look at the Tsubasa page, which can be found here/url]. All I have done is added some more information.
Scar;61393 said:
Pretty long, but I think it would be much more readable than it would be with our current set-up. The whole point is to improve readability and the ability to find something.

Take for instance, [url=http://dats.us/portal/?page=projects/sub/savers]Savers. The way it currently is, by release date, we get somewhat screwy...
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 18 [x264][FE022BF6].avi (November 11, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 22 [XviD][0A6A3846].avi (November 16, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 23 [XviD][5D0FBD4E].avi (November 21, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 19 [x264][E20E3E84].avi (November 23, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 20 [x264][260CB70F].avi (November 28, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 24 [XviD][D8B2ABAC].avi (November 28, 2006)
[DATS] Digimon Savers - 21 [x264][33EC54BC].avi (November 28, 2006)
Trying to find a certain episode in that list is nearly impossible. It's easier towards the end, when we released side by side, but during the middle, it's impossible to navigate.
Scar;61393 said:
For JE we have only released 16 different files minus the SD h264... and the page is already decently big.
The page was already pretty big before the changes.
Scar;61393 said:
And also about the air date... what are you going to put for shows like OLD ANIME or such.
It's easily changed to "DVD Release Date". Also, for stuff like Tamers, DQ, whatnot, that we are doing from DVD source, I can put DVD Release Date as well as Original Air Date.
Scar;61393 said:
Also with this new version, it removed the staff credits. And yes, I know the forum topics had them, but the old version had both staff and forum topic.
You're thinking to the REALLY REALLY REALLY old site, the one that never worked properly. It was determined quite a while ago that having html mirrors of the release topics was completely absurd and unneeded. Right now, all the current pages do is link to the release topic.
Scar;61393 said:
Hell, we don't even have a real staff page. You just link to the page that lists everyone with different masks or what not.
I at one time did have a staff page, but it's kinda hard to keep up to date when we have staff that change their names every other week, staff that quit and rejoin every other day, and staff that I don't even know personally.

If someone wants to try and build a staff page, listing all current and old staff and whatnot, feel free. I don't have the time, and quite honestly, the memory to do something like that.
Scar;61393 said:
-rantend-
:/
Yuumei;61397 said:
I think the new one looks pretty neat! I like it better.
Thanks! :)
Yuumei;61397 said:
I'm not a fan of the dashed table border though...
I wanted something other than a solid white line... so it was either dashed or dotted. *not a great graphics artist*
megumi;61402 said:
Hmm, even though the new one does look better, but I think Scar does have a point there.
Regarding...? He brought up like two billion points. >_>

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Boy 412 said:
Regarding...? He brought up like two billion points. >_>

Uh... Regarding this:

Scar said:
But seriously... say once we finish something like Tamers, which will have two releases each, totaling over 100 different files.... how long is that list going to be?

I guess the new page does make it more organized... Okay, I'm confusing myself. Nevermind what I said.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
So like... I was totally unaware Greg changed the way those pages are done at the moment.

I forgot we redid the site... and back on the old site back during halloween or whatever, we had it so that each episode had it's own page... and that's what I was going off of.

-is oblivious-

Yuumei

Spinzaku
Scar;61393 said:
Two posible solutions I can think of for this are either making a page anchor or making a new page, leading to, say, the first and second halves of a series.