Lion King II - Help with something my friends and I were thinking

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Lion King II - Help with something my friends and I were thinking

So we established that there's a type of incest going in Lion king II between Simba's daughter and Scar's son. What we haven't agreed on or what we haven't figured out is what's the relation ship between the two.

Like incest between _______s?

Simba is the nephew of Scar. Simba's daughter and Scar's son get together.
Mufasa <---- brothers ---> Scar
| |
Simba Scar's son
|
Her name

So... yah. >_> What's the relationship? XD

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Scar's son (Kovu) would be Simba's cousin (since he's Simba's uncle's son), making Kiara mated to... her uncle?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Kieara (Simba's daughter) is Kofu's (it was something like that, scar's son) cousin's son. Simba and cofu are cousins so and she is his son. I think its called cousins once removed, or second cousins once removed.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Simba and Kovu would have been cousins. That makes Kovu and Kiara "first cousins once removed".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CousinTree.svg I'd be Kiara's father's-uncle's-son. lol.

Incest is concidered Mother + son/daughter or Father + daughter/son. And while it's not uncommon in the animal kingdom (or in any royal family through history), in the Lion King's case it'd be concidered in-breeding since neither of the parents are marrying their kids. Though since they're distant cousins the blood line would probably be deluded enough they wouldn't have mutant cubs.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Tcatomon;17807 said:
Simba and Kovu would have been cousins. That makes Kovu and Kiara "first cousins once removed".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CousinTree.svg I'd be Kiara's father's-uncle's-son. lol.

Incest is concidered Mother + son/daughter or Father + daughter/son. And while it's not uncommon in the animal kingdom (or in any royal family through history), in the Lion King's case it'd be concidered in-breeding since neither of the parents are marrying their kids. Though since they're distant cousins the blood line would probably be deluded enough they wouldn't have mutant cubs.

Are you sure? *counts toes on cub's paws* 17? wha?

Jadealen Dragon

I thought that one of the lions made a comment that Kovu wasn't Scars son. You know in that scene where that one other exiled male lion was mad because Kovu was the hand picked by Scar…Than again; it’s been a while since I saw that movie.

Tcatomon

Jadealen Dragon;17809 said:
I thought that one of the lions made a comment that Kovu wasn't Scars son. You know in that scene where that one other exiled male lion was mad because Kovu was the hand picked by Scar…Than again; it’s been a while since I saw that movie.

Hand picked to be next in line for rulership, probably. Scar was their pride's leader and all the female lions probably had one or more of Scar's off spring. Plus, look at Kovu.. he's the spitting image of his old man :3
But, if they made that comment I'd have to watch it again. It's been a while.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
He was originally supposed to be Scar's son, but Disney changed him to "adopted son" to avoid endorsing incest-like relationships.

It's the same thing like how they cut out Zira's death in the end -- she really committed suicide, but in the version they produced for the public, they made it look like she slipped and fell.

Edit: Youtube tells no lies. xD

Tcatomon

Whoah.... I like the suicide part better. More of a meaningful "My life sucks, I'd rather die than be saved by Kiara and be proved my existance was futile." >_> Silly Disney.

lol, I can see how they'd take out the relationship.. though it's kind of stupid if you think about it. I've seen brother lions have teh sex in the wild XD It's pretty common knowledge animals will inbreed and whatnot... heck, humans make some do it on purpose! ohnoes, those poor kids might be exposed to the truth D: lol. They should have at least kept the "Kovu's bug" scene to tell people he wasn't really Scar's son. I always thought he was until that.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
So if they had stuck to Kovu being Scar's son, it'd be a first cousins once removed relationship. :3 Thanks~

(Usually i say incest as anyone with blood relations having any sexual relations with another. So that's why I used it)

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
Kage;17818 said:
(Usually i say incest as anyone with blood relations having any sexual relations with another. So that's why I used it)
But don't we all come from Adam and Eve, my sister?

More seriously, these clips made me very sad. Especially the suicidal lion. Thank you very much for linking, though, onkeikun.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
ZELSIUS! XD Nuuuuu if girls were my sisters I wouldn't be able to want to go out with them...

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Hmm but I doubt the timeline would prove Scar being Kovu's father....since Scar died well before Kiara was born, which is almost the same age as Kovu?

Lol but yeah, when I watched that movie, I was thinking....are they related? ....until Kovu stated himself Scar wasnt his father.... Nuka, on the other hand, could be related to Scar....since he's so much older and would fit the timeline....

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I asked because I was quite certain that the "not-evil" lion from Lion King II was the son. Apparently it was changed... which is good cause then it ISN'T endorsing incestuous relationships like my friends and i were discussing. XD