Keenan and Digital families

digipinky75910

Keenan and Digital families

Pinky75910 : A line in a recent Digimon Data Squad struck a chord with me, Keenan speaking to his human parents - "Thank you, for giving me life. My digimon family made me who I am..." Does he have any idea what "biological parents" are? "Parents" period don't actually exist in the Digital World, even though as Patamon said in Season 1, not even all digimon know "how it works." Has Keenan had the "where babies and digieggs come from" talk? What does he make of what these humans are to him?
Hagaren Gao: H...hoeeee
Hagaren Gao: I would assume he wouldn't know about the whole human parenting thing, not sure about the Digimon side of it. He's only like, 12 after all. Heck, how *are* digieggs formed?
Pinky75910 : digimon come from other digimon. literally.
Pinky75910 : usually after masaru punched them.
Pinky75910 : All "families" in the digital world are by adoption.
Pinky75910 : With the exception of Terriermon and Lopmon
Hagaren Gao: Hmm. I had never really thought about that actually.
Pinky75910 : T and L? As far as the movie goes, they were both born from one digi-egg, which makes them twins.
Hagaren Gao: That's only happened once in the whole of Digimon so far. Willis lucked out big time.
Pinky75910 : Yeah, I wondered about that actually -
Pinky75910 : A digimon takes strength from the human to digivolve-
Pinky75910 : What if they both digivolved at once? What would happen to Willis?
Hagaren Gao: Think Kokomon still got his strength from Willis when he evolved?
Pinky75910 : why wouldn't he? How else would he be able to?
Hagaren Gao: Well, all those wild Digis got to their respective levels some how.
Pinky75910 : Sora and Biyomon, and Rika and Renamon.. and Henry and Terriermon proved digis can digivolve without their partner's consent.
Pinky75910 : The way I figure -
Pinky75910 : Is that "evolution" as defined in this world, takes hundreds of millions of years, but usually doesn't retrogress. "Digivolution" is instantaneous, but doesn't last.
Hagaren Gao: Sounds logical to me.
Pinky75910 : Leomon of File Island started out as a digiegg, but perhaps after many years of.. doing whatever he does, he managed to become champion on his own.
Pinky75910 : Lookit Gatomon
Hagaren Gao: Seems like any Digimon can digivolve after some time, but having a Tamer or whatnot speeds up the process by a lot.
Pinky75910 : I agree.
Pinky75910 : Or maybe, Calumon's digivolution power was always out there, got turned into Calumon in Season 3, and then got returned afterward.
Pinky75910 : but in adventure, they seemed to hammer in that digimon *can't* digivolve without a human -
Pinky75910 : I mean, otherwise, what the hell are the DD's special for?
Pinky75910 : There's Pokemon out in the wild that should exist only by the power of trades or stones or other weird situations - 'splain that.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Wow... lotta head-scratch material there.

Digivolution is just a strange, random thingy. Remember that weird Jogress when Maildramon and DarkTyrannomon fought over Calumon in the first Tamers scene? Every situation has its own circumstances, I.E. Leomon making it to Mega via Devimon's black gears. Nyaromon must have made it to Champion somehow through Myotismon's dark influence (though I'd hate to see a fan art representation of that theory :p)

As for Keenan, I'm thinking Yoshi or Marcus must have told him something about all that good DNA (not the Data Squad kind...) stuff before he met his folks.

guilmon93950

Ok, a bit of a responce to this:

1. Digitamas (digieggs) can come in to existence by themselves without having to come from a digimon that died beforehand. They basically just pop in to existence the same way a file does when you create it.

2. Digimon can evolve by themselves without any human interaction at all. There is no ned for a human to make a digimon evolve. Digimon Evolve by growing up (Baby/Fresh > baby II/Intraining > Child/Rookie > Adult/Champion), They evolve through battle experience, and stress or in reaction to certain artifacts such as a digi-mental (digiegg) and armor evolve (which is also considered to be an adult digimon). Infact, there is reason to beelvie that a digimon cannot evolve to any level past adult without battle experience, however evolving to the adult level seems to be a natural stage in a digimon's growth. Battle expereince will hurry along the process, however.

3. There is reason to beleive that twin digimon is possible and has happenned before in the cases of coronamon and lunamon.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
digipinky75910;49602 said:
Pinky75910 : Sora and Biyomon, and Rika and Renamon.. and Henry and Terriermon proved digis can digivolve without their partner's consent.

Savers, last episode?

digipinky75910

Who wouldn't want to have a partner like Gatomon who could stay in Champion form practically all the time? Kinda makes ya wonder what she went through.. um.. after meeting Myotismon.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
digipinky75910;49618 said:
Who wouldn't want to have a partner like Gatomon who could stay in Champion form practically all the time? Kinda makes ya wonder what she went through.. um.. after meeting Myotismon.

We find that out in episode 34 (japanese) that she was punished by whips of the Bloody Stream (Crimson Lightning) when she looked at Vamdemon with rebel eyes.

She even shows the scar on her paw.

digipinky75910

Vande;49634 said:
We find that out in episode 34 (japanese) that she was punished by whips of the Bloody Stream (Crimson Lightning) when she looked at Vamdemon with rebel eyes.

She even shows the scar on her paw.

True, but did that make her digivolve?

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Most likely yes. Hard Training and Punishment, Hard Training and Punishment.

Yeah, Vamdemon really sucks at raising himself a Girlfriend.:D
*uses Hanamura Neo to dodge incoming bricks and other stuff*

Hehe, he knew that those eyes would cause him trouble some day, but I bet he didn't expect them to be covered with a helmet that day.
*dodges more with Neon*

My theory on the subject: If Vamdemon was successfull and Tailmon did not befriend Hikari ( and kill him ), she might have evolved even further as his servant over time.
I however don't think she would have become Angewomon. Although an evil Angewomon might have been cool.
Tailmon also evolve depending on how you threat them, so she might become LadyDevimon or Bastemon.

Imagine:
Vamdemon: Bastemon! Mystimon! Devimon! ( Guess you can figure out who the other two are )
Bastemon: You called for us, Vamdemon-sama?
Vamdemon: Yes, I want you three to deliver this packet!
Mystimon: What is in that packet?
Vamdemon: A Gift for a Girl!
Devimon: But Vamdemon-Sama, why all three of us?
Vamdemon: Because she is an Ultimate! And might use her Thorn Whip if she gets mad. So it is a good idea to send two Perfects! And you, because you might learn something from that.
Bastemon: Ah! The Love!*blinks at Mystimon*

PrimoPiccolo;49611 said:
Digivolution is just a strange, random thingy. Remember that weird Jogress when Maildramon and DarkTyrannomon fought over Calumon in the first Tamers scene? .

Actually that looked more like it DarkTyranomon killed Maildramon and absorbing the Data caused the Evo to MetalTyranomon.

PrimoPiccolo;49611 said:
Every situation has its own circumstances, I.E. Leomon making it to Mega via Devimon's black gears.

Actually he evolved due to the Digivices. Side effect of puryfying him.

PrimoPiccolo;49611 said:
As for Keenan, I'm thinking Yoshi or Marcus must have told him something about all that good DNA (not the Data Squad kind...) stuff before he met his folks.

I'm actually not too sure if Yoshino or Masaru told Ikuto ( What is with people suddenly adopting Dub Names if they used the originals before? ) about that.

Falcomon seems to know something about it!
Remember when they first saw Misuzu? Falcomon later told Ikuto that he notices the similarities, like her hair and her smile.
So he seems to know something about Parent-Child-Similarities.

Same with the Digimon in the Holy Capitol, who realized that Masaru is Suguru's son, even if it was rather late.

Oh, and then there was Frontier, with all those Burgermon Families.

Also people, don't forget Matching.
That is also like sexual reproduction, but without having actual sex.

Edit: And don't forget those Guys who wanted to make Hikari their Bride!

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
MugenSeiRyuu said:
What is with people suddenly adopting Dub Names if they used the originals before?
Because we're referring to dialogue from Digimon Data Squad.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ah, yes, that makes sense. Dub Changes of dialogue can be pointed out that way.

As for this Dialogue:
I was in the original aswell.

Ikuto: "Thank you for giving me life!"

Anyways, I think it also should be cleared by now that Digimon evolve naturally. But in th World of Adventure, it seems that some Digimon have to figure out, how to evolve. For example that whole Pyocomon Village.

guilmon93950

ok well I've been wondering about this for a long time, and I've actually kinda came to the conclusion that a lot of digimon are actually capable of having sex. I would assume that Angemon and Angewomon, and other high humanoid digimon have genitalia, mostly because on the males you sometimes see a buldge underneath the clothing (avoids mentioning betsumon at all cost). So, although I don't think sexual behavior breeds new life for digimon, I still think they can participate. However, it is possible that some digimon actually can become pregnant.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
If we take Bandai Asia's Tailmon profile serious, she is like a breeding machine. But I won't do that.

As for genitalia: Yes, I think so. That would also explain why all of those guys have bulky crotch armor. Especially if you look at the likes of Dukemon and ShineGreymon.

And then there is a Pic like that, that gives a hint:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2494/dsnl3.jpg

Also, what about Hybrids?

digipinky75910

PrimoPiccolo;49754 said:
PrimoPiccolo Actually that looked more like it DarkTyranomon killed Maildramon and absorbing the Data caused the Evo to MetalTyranomon.

MugenSeiRyuu;49754 said:
Actually he evolved due to the Digivices. Side effect of puryfying him.

I thought DarkTyrannomon evolved as a side effect of being near Calumon, him accidently using his power.

MugenSeiRyuu;49754 said:
Falcomon seems to know something about it!
Remember when they first saw Misuzu? Falcomon later told Ikuto that he notices the similarities, like her hair and her smile.
So he seems to know something about Parent-Child-Similarities.

Same with the Digimon in the Holy Capitol, who realized that Masaru is Suguru's son, even if it was rather late.

Hmm... You're right, I wonder how they would've found out about something like that. I wonder if Keenan thinks his sister is "in-training."

MugenSeiRyuu;49754 said:
Oh, and then there was Frontier, with all those Burgermon Families.

That's a bit of a mystery with no confirmation - they may be alternate forms and varieties, different levels, and like all digimon villages and familes, they just accumulated by chance.

MugenSeiRyuu;49754 said:
Edit: And don't forget those Guys who wanted to make Hikari their Bride!

I thought they weren't Digimon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
digipinky75910;50092 said:
I thought DarkTyrannomon evolved as a side effect of being near Calumon, him accidently using his power. .

I was talking about Leomon.

Hmm... You're right, I wonder how they would've found out about something like that. I wonder if Keenan thinks his sister is "in-training."

Depends on if he thinks that humans evolve like Digimon.
Ikuto: Tell me Falcomon! What do you think is Yoshino's Level?
Falcomon:Judging by her anatomical details I can make out, she should be atleast an Adult Level.

That's a bit of a mystery with no confirmation - they may be alternate forms and varieties, different levels, and like all digimon villages and familes, they just accumulated by chance. .

Tue. I mean, there were elder Kokuwamon and Candmon, besides both being Child Levels. And Tamers had a Kid Version of Tchuchidarumon.

I thought they weren't Digimon.

Actually nobody knows. They are however for sure Digital Beings.

PrimoPiccolo;50046 said:
That's a shadow, not a cameltoe.

Considering which Animation Team is behind the, I'm actually not too sure if it is only a shadow, not covering anything.
That same Epi atleast confirms that Rosemon has nipples.

Also think of the following: Digimon must have those kind of organs since they are also used for other things, like pee.

Edit: I think we are still on the subject of Digimon families, right?

digipinky75910

MugenSeiRyuu;50112 said:
Depends on if he thinks that humans evolve like Digimon.
Ikuto: Tell me Falcomon! What do you think is Yoshino's Level?
Falcomon:Judging by her anatomical details I can make out, she should be atleast an Adult Level.

Ikuto: Then what about Masaru?
Falcomon: ...A very large child.

MugenSeiRyuu;50112 said:
Tue. I mean, there were elder Kokuwamon and Candmon, besides both being Child Levels. And Tamers had a Kid Version of Tchuchidarumon.

Pokemon are like that too - my theory was that Digimon that evolve naturally prolly grow to indicate they're nearing that stage.

MugenSeiRyuu;50112 said:
Actually nobody knows. They are however for sure Digital Beings.

So was D-Reaper.

MugenSeiRyuu;50112 said:
Also think of the following: Digimon must have those kind of organs since they are also used for other things, like pee.

Eh, that's sticky, not exactly...

MugenSeiRyuu;50112 said:
Edit: I think we are still on the subject of Digimon families, right?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how I managed to raise such a skanky subject... 0_0

guilmon93950

Yeah I absolutely hated that! An old Kokuwamon, a kid Tsuchidarumon. None of that should be possible. I'm going to mark those down as mistakes on the writers part. They don't seem to know enough about the biology of digimon.

Unless of course there is a child level version of tsuchidarumon that can evolve in to the adult version, much like whamon adult and whamon perfect.

Also, the old Kokuwamon, I suppose is possible, if he jsut never battled or did anything to trigger his evolution. I am betting that once he evolves (if ever) he will become young again. If that is possible, however, then that would imply that each level of evolution is like a new life.

digipinky75910

guilmon93950;50279 said:
Unless of course there is a child level version of tsuchidarumon that can evolve in to the adult version, much like whamon adult and whamon perfect.

Also, the old Kokuwamon, I suppose is possible, if he jsut never battled or did anything to trigger his evolution. I am betting that once he evolves (if ever) he will become young again. If that is possible, however, then that would imply that each level of evolution is like a new life.

Yup, I'll agree to all of that.