Is this right?

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
Is this right?

"... the digimon are reunited with their tamers in the Digimon Tamers movie, Runaway Locomon which is set 6 months after the events of the series"

i thought all the movies are out of conuity (that's spelt wrong isn't it?). So is this truth or fiction?

GordoBaggins

If it's not part of continuity, then it sure as hell fits in it pretty well, beyond Beelzemon riding Behemoth and a few other nitpicks.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
GordoBaggins;3573 said:
If it's not part of continuity, then it sure as hell fits in it pretty well, beyond Beelzemon riding Behemoth and a few other nitpicks.

Most the movies aren't.

and yeah, it sort of was destroyed. And Beelzemon's blaster was destroyed. & where were impmon's tamers? Most the movies aren't.

Hurricane Touchdown? Like they really had time to go roam across america and back while fighting the digimon kaizer.

The 4th one, Ummm. The power to digivlove to mega and create Omnimon...even though only agumon could warp digivolve for a few episodes.

Savers? Burst mode...a massive take over by an evil digimon with kurata around? Or while the RKs are smacking the planet around? Nope. It really fits in nowhere.

Darkmon

I remember reading somewhere that the Runaway Locomon was made without consulting with the Tamers' main writer, meaning that it doesn't have Canonical links with the show itself.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Movies 1, 2, and 4 are in continuity with Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02.

Movie 3 is not in continuity with Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02 (which is completely obvious).

Movie 5, I've never seen, but I think that's in continuity with Tamers; it's for the kids' summer vacation, right? I'm not sure about movie 6 either, even though I've seen it, but with the way things were for that movie, I think it's out of continuity.

Movie 7 is out of continuity (I think) with Frontier.

I get the impression that the Savers movie was out of continuity too.

Royal_Knight said:
Hurricane Touchdown? Like they really had time to go roam across america and back while fighting the digimon kaizer.
They were on summer break, if I'm remembering right. It's not that farfetched, and even the Kaiser needs to rest. Besides, all they needed was a computer to go back and forth to the Digital World if there was any trouble. That aside, it's still out of continuity for other reasons, not the fact that they decided to travel during their break.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3634 said:
They were on summer break, if I'm remembering right. It's not that farfetched, and even the Kaiser needs to rest. Besides, all they needed was a computer to go back and forth to the Digital World if there was any trouble. That aside, it's still out of continuity for other reasons, not the fact that they decided to travel during their break.

They had just started back to school. The movie would have to take place right after they defeated Virus Metalgreymon, b/c the only 2nd egg holder was davis/disuke.

And we have to look at the Angewomon factor here- nobody could digivolve to ultimate/perfect at the time b/c they hadn't met azulongmon or had a divine intervention from a destiny stone or .... pink light? And then they got got the power to digivolve to mega/ultimate ....i still don't get that. And then Veemon Golden Armor digivolved...even though the egg was being used by the kaizer at the time to power his base. And then when the golden egg came up in the show, davis had no clue what was going on.

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
SSJ Jup81;3634 said:
Movie 5, I've never seen, but I think that's in continuity with Tamers; it's for the kids' summer vacation, right? I'm not sure about movie 6 either, even though I've seen it, but with the way things were for that movie, I think it's out of continuity.

Movie 5 (Battle of Adventurers) is in canon, save for an error that many nitpickers cite - Renamon's promise never to load data again, when she did in the movie. Which I don't think is a reason to treat it out of continuity. Kai even appears at the end of Tamers, as if to solidify the continuity of Movie 5.

Movie 6 now, I'm not so sure about. Behemoth was the glaringly obvious error in that it was back when it was destroyed, and I think Beelzemon appeared in both his normal and Blast modes. But as Darkmon said, the head writer wasn't consulted, therefore these kind of errors could simply be cast off as editorial oversights and the movie could be taken in to continuity. In my opinion.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Royal_Knight;3646 said:
They had just started back to school. The movie would have to take place right after they defeated Virus Metalgreymon, b/c the only 2nd egg holder was davis/disuke.
This is still off. I'm quite certain that movie 3 takes place in the summer and if that's the case, then it's plausible as to why Takeru and Hikari were in the US to visit Mimi, or why it wasn't even remotely implied that any of the other kids were in school. What sane parent would allow his/her child to make that type of a trip during the school year unless it was a school excursion? Also, their clothes were very "summer like" and the movie itself came out in July of 2000. The stuff you're referring to, like when they went after the Kaiser and stayed in the Digital World for a while, took place that August (remember Odaiba Mermorial Day? [I don'tk now the dub name of the ep]).

The movie was more than likely made to promote the Golden Digimentals, which we would see later on for the actual series, as this movie came out before the series got to that point within the show. The main thing that throws it off, and makes it obvious that it's not in continuity with the show, is all the stuff dealing with Magnamon. Daisuke used the Digimental of Miracles to evolve V-mon. For the actual series, Daisuke is stunned over the Digimental of Miracles. If he'd seen it before, then he wouldn't have been surprised over it. Holy Dramon and Seraphimon's appearances is the other reason.

It's sorta like how Pokemon Revelation Lugia is obviously not in continuity with the series (imo) because of Kenji. He met Ookido-hakase in the movie, but for the show, when he finally met him, he acted as if he'd never seen him before.

Anyway, I notice that for movies 2, 3, and 4, they all took place "season wise" as to when they were released. Movie 2 was released in the spring of 2000, and ironically, the kids were on spring break for it. Movie 3, the movie was released in summer of 2000, and, ironically, they were on summer break. Movie 4 was released in spring of 2001, and it was spring for them. The main ways to tell this, was through both Miyako and Jou. Miyako was trying on school uniforms since she had graduated to Junior High, and Jou, iirc, was testing.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3678 said:
This is still off. I'm quite certain that movie 3 takes place in the summer and if that's the case, then it's plausible as to why Takeru and Hikari were in the US to visit Mimi, or why it wasn't even remotely implied that any of the other kids were in school. What sane parent would allow his/her child to make that type of a trip during the school year unless it was a school excursion? Also, their clothes were very "summer like" and the movie itself came out in July of 2000. The stuff you're referring to, like when they went after the Kaiser and stayed in the Digital World for a while, took place that August (remember Odaiba Mermorial Day? [I don'tk now the dub name of the ep]).

The movie was more than likely made to promote the Golden Digimentals, which we would see later on for the actual series, as this movie came out before the series got to that point within the show. The main thing that throws it off, and makes it obvious that it's not in continuity with the show, is all the stuff dealing with Magnamon. Daisuke used the Digimental of Miracles to evolve V-mon. For the actual series, Daisuke is stunned over the Digimental of Miracles. If he'd seen it before, then he wouldn't have been surprised over it. Holy Dramon and Seraphimon's appearances is the other reason.

It's sorta like how Pokemon Revelation Lugia is obviously not in continuity with the series (imo) because of Kenji. He met Ookido-hakase in the movie, but for the show, when he finally met him, he acted as if he'd never seen him before.

Anyway, I notice that for movies 2, 3, and 4, they all took place "season wise" as to when they were released. Movie 2 was released in the spring of 2000, and ironically, the kids were on spring break for it. Movie 3, the movie was released in summer of 2000, and, ironically, they were on summer break. Movie 4 was released in spring of 2001, and it was spring for them. The main ways to tell this, was through both Miyako and Jou. Miyako was trying on school uniforms since she had graduated to Junior High, and Jou, iirc, was testing.

exactly.

Agreed, i though lugia was a one of a kind...then in johto there's a mom and a baby? But pkmn has a lot of small things like that. Like the pokemon ranger & deoxys episodes that apparently took place after the 7th movie. Ash had never seen a dexoys before or heard of laruse city. Of course....ash might just really be that dumb.

But the only place movie 3 could fit in is after the metal grymon black spiral events and before sure-ray-mon(say it like it loks...b/c i KNOW i can't spell that) appears. Which woudn't be on summer break thus saying that it's out of continuity. And i'm saying this soley from a dub stand point. it might fit in better in the original better.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
And I'm going by the original (as I don't recall what th dub was saying), hence my giving original dates for it. It was during summer. Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori were even at the beach, a normal, typical, "summer" activity.

Oh, and it d oesn't matter if it doesn't fit in with the actual series, since it's not in continuity with it.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i just watch the movie and dont care when it happens. these movies are just like the DBZ movies you cant tell when they happen.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
RamenRanger;3694 said:
i just watch the movie and dont care when it happens. these movies are just like the DBZ movies you cant tell when they happen.
yea.

i guess my question has been answered...sort of...nobody is completely sure if the movies are suppose to flow with the show or not. i guess like u said RR, "just watch the movie and dont care when it happens" :)

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Royal_Knight;3696 said:
yea.

i guess my question has been answered...sort of...nobody is completely sure if the movies are suppose to flow with the show or not. i guess like u said RR, "just watch the movie and dont care when it happens" :)
The question was answered as far as Adventure is concerned. For adventure, movies 1, 2, and 4 go with the actual series. Movie 3, doesn't, and the movie does take place in the summer, hence their being allowed to travel.

Movie 1 deals with the Hikarigaoka mess with the Greymon and Parrotmon battle. It's in continuity because that was when all of the kids were pretty much chosen.

Movie 2 deals with Diablomon, which is remembered by Miyako, as she was one of the kids watching the battle (age 10), and sending e-mails to Koushirou (age 11).

Movie 4 is technically a continuation of movie 2 since Diablomon wanted revenge on Taichi and Yamato (hence his "stalkerish ways") for having defeated him years earlier, so this is in continuity with the series since movie 2 was.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3704 said:
The question was answered as far as Adventure is concerned. For adventure, movies 1, 2, and 4 go with the actual series. Movie 3, doesn't, and the movie does take place in the summer, hence their being allowed to travel.

Movie 1 deals with the Hikarigaoka mess with the Agumon and Parrotmon battle. It's in continuity because that was when all of the kids were pretty much chosen.

Movie 2 deals with Diablomon, which is remembered by Miyako, as she was one of the kids watching the battle (age 10), and sending e-mails to Koushirou (age 11).

Movie 4 is technically a continuation of movie 2 since Diablomon wanted revenge on Taichi and Yamato (hence his "stalkerish ways") for having defeated him years earlier, so this is in continuity with the series since movie 2 was.

Well Willis created diablomon. But that dosen't make the 3rd in continuity.
The movies are in their own .."world" ,imo. 2-3-4 flow perferctly together, but when u try to fit them with the series it dosen't work to well.The second movie is fairly easy to fit in...it's between season 1 & 2. The third would fit best in after they beat virus metalgreymon, the 4th .... nowhere... they were most concerned about the dark spores in the kids. Arukinimon or Mummymon or owikawa were no where, nor blackwargreymon, or daemon. Any of thoes digimon would have tired to side with armegeddonmon, control him, or would have tried to destroy him(BWGmon). But besides that, gabumon could not digivolve to mega to dna digivolve with agumon anyways...azulongmon never gave him a "digicore" to allow metalgarugumon to be born again power.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Royal_Knight;3711 said:
Well Willis created diablomon. But that dosen't make the 3rd in continuity.
No, he did not create Diablomon. Wallace has nothing to do with Diablomon. Wallace's character doesn't exist for movie 2 or 4 nor does he exist for the actual series of the show and has never been mentioned for it either. Wallace having anything to do with Diablomon is most definitely a dub invention. This is my first time ever even hearing of this, unless it was mentioned, and I just blocked out "Digimon the Movie" since I literally disliked it, but I blame that on watching the originals first.
The movies are in their own .."world" ,imo. 2-3-4 flow perferctly together, but when u try to fit them with the series it dosen't work to well.
Maybe for the dub but not for the original, which is what I go by and have been saying from the beginning. If they would've kept the movies like they were originally, it wouldn't fit period, especially movie 3, since they dropped all of the older kids. I mean, it's pretty odd how Takeru and Hikari are in America, alone, when for the original, they had gone to visit Mimi. She ended up vanishing right in front of them.
The second movie is fairly easy to fit in...it's between season 1 & 2.
Yeah, movie 2 occurs during the spring of 2000, when the children are on spring break. Mimi is in Hawaii for it; Jou was taking entrance exams for the private school he attended in 02. It was also discovered that Miyako was one of the kids watching the battle on the net.
The third would fit best in after they beat virus metalgreymon, the 4th .... nowhere... they were most concerned about the dark spores in the kids. Arukinimon or Mummymon or owikawa were no where, nor blackwargreymon, or daemon. Any of thoes digimon would have tired to side with armegeddonmon, control him, or would have tried to destroy him(BWGmon). But besides that, gabumon could not digivolve to mega to dna digivolve with agumon anyways...azulongmon never gave him a "digicore" to allow metalgarugumon to be born again power.
You're still referring ot the dub, though. Movie 4 fits fine and is in continuity with the series because of when it happens; movie 3 is not because of what actually happens within the movie. Yeah, we got evolutions from Agumon and Gabumon (for all we know, it could've been explained as to how they were able to evolve to that level and I'm just not remembering since I haven't seen movie 4 in years, literally), but the story still fits. It takes place in spring of 2003 (which is after Adventure 02 [which left off at December of 2002 before the 25 year jump] since Miyako is about to attend Junior High), and is a resolution, somewhat, for movie 2, since Diablomon wanted revenge on Taichi and Yamato for defeating him three years earlier.

Anyway, the reason that there is no Archnemon, Mummymon, or Oikawa, is because of the fact that movie 4 takes place after Adventure 02. All three are already "out of the series".

This is how it's set up...

Digimon Adventure (Movie 1): Takes place in 1995.
Digimon Adventure: Takes place in the summer of 1999 (August, to be exact).
Bokura no Wargame (Movie 2): Takes place in spring of 2000 (Round about March, iirc [Ken also has his adventure later on in 2000, iirc])
Digimon Adventure 02: Takes place in the spring of 2002 and ends in December of 2002
Golden Digimental movie: Takes place in the summer, but, is out of continuity with the series and introduces the character, Wallace
Diablomon Strikes Back (Movie 4): Takes place in spring of 2003

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3712 said:
No, he did not create Diablomon. Wallace has nothing to do with Diablomon. Wallace's character doesn't exist for movie 2 or 4 nor does he exist for the actual series of the show and has never been mentioned for it either. Wallace having anything to do with Diablomon is most definitely a dub invention. This is my first time ever even hearing of this, unless it was mentioned, and I just blocked out "Digimon the Movie" since I literally disliked it, but I blame that on watching the originals first.Maybe for the dub but not for the original, which is what I go by and have been saying from the beginning. If they would've kept the movies like they were originally, it wouldn't fit period, especially movie 3, since they dropped all of the older kids. I mean, it's pretty odd how Takeru and Hikari are in America, alone, when for the original, they had gone to visit Mimi. She ended up vanishing right in front of them.Yeah, movie 2 occurs during the spring of 2000, when the children are on spring break. Mimi is in Hawaii for it; Jou was taking entrance exams for the private school he attended in 02. It was also discovered that Miyako was one of the kids watching the battle on the net.You're still referring ot the dub, though. Movie 4 fits fine and is in continuity with the series because of when it happens; movie 3 is not because of what actually happens within the movie. Yeah, we got evolutions from Agumon and Gabumon (for all we know, it could've been explained as to how they were able to evolve to that level and I'm just not remembering since I haven't seen movie 4 in years, literally), but the story still fits. It takes place in spring of 2003 (which is after Adventure 02 [which left off at December of 2002 before the 25 year jump] since Miyako is about to attend Junior High), and is a resolution, somewhat, for movie 2, since Diablomon wanted revenge on Taichi and Yamato for defeating him three years earlier.

Anyway, the reason that there is no Archnemon, Mummymon, or Oikawa, is because of the fact that movie 4 takes place after Adventure 02. All three are already "out of the series".

This is how it's set up...

Digimon Adventure (Movie 1): Takes place in 1995.
Digimon Adventure: Takes place in the summer of 1999 (August, to be exact).
Bokura no Wargame (Movie 2): Takes place in spring of 2000 (Round about March, iirc [Ken also has his adventure later on in 2000, iirc])
Digimon Adventure 02: Takes place in the spring of 2002 and ends in December of 2002
Golden Digimental movie: Takes place in the summer, but, is out of continuity with the series and introduces the character, Wallace
Diablomon Strikes Back (Movie 4): Takes place in spring of 2003

I believe the problem here is dub vs original. Apparenty there are A LOT of differences. in the Dub movie, willis was trying to crete another digimon to along with his twins, thus diablomon was born. Willis even e-mailed izzy to tell him about diablomon and said it was all his fault. After omnimon beat d-mon he f-ed up kokomon making him virus mode...some how.

As for movie 4, it's impossible to take place after m-myotismon's defeat. owikaewa's soul...er..butterflies "kept the darkness at bay" for one reason. And the other, gatomon got her tail ring back, which would have put a halt on the dna digivolution crap. Without her tail ring, they were able to dna digivolve. With it, no dna digivolving. So it HAD to take place before gatomon got her tail ring back from gen-I (mind you, i'm only going on the dub here; not sure how it transpires in the org.)

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Royal_Knight;3718 said:
I believe the problem here is dub vs original.
Yeah, but I thought it was obvious that I was referring to the original. I even mentioned the original release dates of the movies.
Apparenty there are A LOT of differences.
Yep, like "Wallace" not existing in the show.
in the Dub movie, willis was trying to crete another digimon to along with his twins, thus diablomon was born.
This was only done so that they could combine the first three movies. Movie 3 was a stand-alone film originally. The original origin of Diablomon, if I'm remembering right, dealt with a virus and its growing, and the cause of it, had something to do with old Y2K programs. I haven't seen Bokura no Wargame in years either, so I could be remembering this wrong.
Willis even e-mailed izzy to tell him about diablomon and said it was all his fault.
Also not in the original since Wallace doesn't exist for movie 2 or the show.
After omnimon beat d-mon he f-ed up kokomon making him virus mode...some how.
Something else that didn't happen in the original, and was made to make all three movies work together. Movie 3 did deal with the virus form of Wallace's Digimon (I just can't remember what exactly happened since it's been so long). Kokomon was in search of him. To help with his search, Kokomon started to abduct the Chosen Children. Taichi and the others were captured back in Odaiba, and while Takeru and Hikari were in New York, after she'd taken their photo, her Digivice beeped, and she vanished right in front of them. Seems that the ones abducted, had a regular-model Digivice. Takeru and Hikari then found out from Daisuke and the others that something strange was going on over there too. For this movie, all of the older kids were trapped in a dimension, and they were aging backwards. Kokomon was trying to find Wallace as the way he last saw him, which was as a young child.
As for movie 4, it's impossible to take place after m-myotismon's defeat. owikaewa's soul...er..butterflies "kept the darkness at bay" for one reason. And the other, gatomon got her tail ring back, which would have put a halt on the dna digivolution crap. Without her tail ring, they were able to dna digivolve. With it, no dna digivolving. So it HAD to take place before gatomon got her tail ring back from gen-I (mind you, i'm only going on the dub here; not sure how it transpires in the org.)
*Shudders* I so hate that term, "DNA Digivolve". I prefer "Jogress evolution". They don't even use the term "Digivolve" for the original, ironically. The only time I recall hearing it in the original, was when Ken and Yamato were in Mexico where they met Chichos (I think it was changed to Rosa; I never saw the dub of this) and her Digimon partner. Her partner used "Digivolve" in Spanish. I think Dingo (I think he was known as Derek), used "Digivolve" too, but, that was an "English speaking" country, too, so that's probably why they used the term.

Anyway, for the original (which is all I know where movie 4 is concerned anyway), it's obviously after Adventure 02 ended for reasons already mentioned. BelialVamdemon was defeated in December of 2002. Movie 4 takes place March (or so) of 2003, especially because of Miyako who was trying on uniforms for Odaiba Junior High since she was about to attend there and over there, school starts in April, the break being sometime in March. Tailmon got her Holy Ring back from Gennai in the series. That aside, I don't remeber any Jogress evolutions in movie 4 (for Tailmon and Hawkmon), since the main ones doing the fighting were Agumon, Gabumon, V-mon, and Wormmon. To be honest, aside from Paildramon and higher forms, I don't remember a Jogress Evolution for any of them or a necessity for one, since the main focus was for Imperial Dramon's mode after Fighter (whatever it was, I can't remember right off, momentarily). The movie was already short, they probably wouldn't have had time to do much else with the other Digimon. They didn't even have Palmon, Gomamon, or Piyomon in the movie.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3719 said:
Tailmon got her Holy Ring back from Gennai in the series. That aside, I don't remeber any Jogress evolutions in movie 4 (for Tailmon and Hawkmon), since the main ones doing the fighting were Agumon, Gabumon, V-mon, and Wormmon. To be honest, aside from Paildramon and higher forms, I don't remember a Jogress Evolution for any of them or a necessity for one, since the main focus was for Imperial Dramon's mode after Fighter (whatever it was, I can't remember right off, momentarily). The movie was already short, they probably wouldn't have had time to do much else with the other Digimon. They didn't even have Palmon, Gomamon, or Piyomon in the movie.

Ok, sry i should have clarified seeing how you haven't seen the dub, in the dub when tailmon didn't have her ring, ALL the digimon had the ability to Jogress evolve. When she got it back, NONE of the digimon could have Jogress evolutions. In otherwords, after that point imperialdramon couldn't have been made.

Wow, did these ppl even glance at the orginal when they wrote the dub stuff?

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Royal_Knight;3731 said:
Ok, sry i should have clarified seeing how you haven't seen the dub, in the dub when tailmon didn't have her ring, ALL the digimon had the ability to Jogress evolve. When she got it back, NONE of the digimon could have Jogress evolutions. In otherwords, after that point imperialdramon couldn't have been made.

Wow, did these ppl even glance at the orginal when they wrote the dub stuff?
That doesn't make any sense, though. That was the case with Tailmon and Aquilamon, she couldn't have her ring and stuff to jogress evolve wth him. I thought Gennai referred to just their case only, not Patamon and Armadimon or XV-mon and Stingmon since it shouldn't have anything to do with them.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
SSJ Jup81;3732 said:
That doesn't make any sense, though. That was the case with Tailmon and Aquilamon, she couldn't have her ring and stuff to jogress evolve wth him. I thought Gennai referred to just their case only, not Patamon and Armadimon or XV-mon and Stingmon since it shouldn't have anything to do with them.

ok, what said was a little off. (i rewatched the episode) Gennai used it's power to allow them to "dna digivolve". So when he gave it back to her, it was impossible for them to dna again because tailmon had the ring again instead of gennai.