Interesting Anime Documentary

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
Interesting Anime Documentary

So I was flipping through the channels this morning, and I came across a documentary, about how Anime influences Hollywood. Maybe this is old news, maybe I'm out of the loop, but I just found this stuff out and I found It very Interesting.

The first Anime in the US was Astroboy in the 60's. It was quickly followed by Speed Racer. The kids that grew up watching those shows, created movies like The Matrix! The Matrix was inspired by anime! In the early 90's, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was huge, and what was it about? Yeah they were from new york, but look at their weapons. Look at their 'sensei'. It was US (I believe) But it was very anime based.

Last year, Transformers came out as a live action movie, which originated from an anime, which I knew, and also knew that Transformers scored a huge success at the box office!

300. Aparently that movie was based on a Manga!

And they said what i knew: The thing that made this generation aware of anime was, Pokemon. :)

And because of success of Transformers is why we are seeing a speed racer movie, an astroboy movie, and several other movies coming out in the next few years.

One director said what i was hopeing: "I would go to the ends of the earth to do a Cowboy Bebop movie". XD.

Sorry if everyone new all this, I just found it very interesting.

If anyone has the movie channel Starz! Where this was on, it might be on again.

VERY INTERESTING!

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Takato Fanboy of '86 said:
In the early 90's, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was huge, and what was it about? Yeah they were from new york, but look at their weapons. Look at their 'sensei'. It was US (I believe) But it was very anime based.
Obviously it was a Japanese influence, since that's where ninjas come from. But I wouldn't say "anime" is where it came from.

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
PrimoPiccolo;46961 said:
Obviously it was a Japanese influence, since that's where ninjas come from. But I wouldn't say "anime" is where it came from.

But thats what they said on the documentary.

I barely remember the Turtles, as i was 3-6 when they were mainly popular, but I love how ironic this is. I ended up watching Anime as an older teen and now as an adult, but knowing at 3 i was watching something inspired by that? Not only that, but there was anime on Nick Junior! I remember may favorite 3 shows when I was a preschooler watching Nick Jr. and i looked on Anime News Network, and what do you know? They are there O_O. Guess that means technically ive always been an anime fan XD

Roll Soul

Bat Country
XD This makes me wish I had Starz, I would've loved to see that documentary.

But I don't doubt anything that was said about how much anime influences things. And it is getting further ingrained into our culture; I mean yeah, just LOOK at how many movies are coming out now that were first anime xD And besides the Speed Racer and Astro Boy (<3 ) movies, there's also going to be a Gatchaman movie, too (at least, that's what I've heard).

So.. yeah. xD Anime is everywhere.

PrimoPiccolo

there was anime on Nick Junior!
Yeah, I was way too young to know it back when I first watched it, but when I found out Noozles was from Japan, it made perfect sense to me why it was so awesome. XD

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
PrimoPiccolo;47038 said:
Yeah, I was way too young to know it back when I first watched it, but when I found out Noozles was from Japan, it made perfect sense to me why it was so awesome. XD

I dont remember the Noozles. I remember "Maya the Bee", "The Little Bits", and a show i dont remember the name of about Koala bares. Ah, memories of childhood.

PrimoPiccolo

I dont remember the Noozles. I remember "Maya the Bee", "The Little Bits", and a show i dont remember the name of about Koala bares.
That was The Noozles. XD