In DIRE need of quality checkers

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
In DIRE need of quality checkers

We are seriously in need of people that can check our stuff over before it's sent off to be released.

Requirements:
1) Be willing and ABLE to download at least 4-5 episodes a week, with sizes ranging from 20MB to 100MB.
2) Be able to NOTICE when something is spelled wrong, or a phrase is awkward, or whatever.
3) Be able to NOTICE when timing is screwy. If a scene is timed completely off, ANYONE should be able to notice it.
4) Be able to READ over at least 2-5 chapters of manga per week, depending on availability, and NOTE when there is something wrong. "I saw bouncing over there." is missing a word and you need to be able to NOTICE that.
5) Not disappear two days after being hired.

Being part of the QC team means that you get to see stuff before it's released, and you get to make a DIFFERENCE, to make DATS's releases the BEST they can possibly be.

Right now we are SERIOUSLY low on QC, and really need some people to help out, so join the forums and JOIN THE TEAM. :)

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
1. As long as law isn't in my house near my PC, i may download.
2. My English is Uber crap among all Dats Members.
3. For now i'm learning how to timming with Takato but i had one problem (with multi text) and for now i stopped that.
4. I don't read manga. Only download them for collection.
5. As long as Hangman is here, i'll not disappear :p.

I may try finish that partial raw to tomorrow, if You wish.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I think, I could try it;

1. No problem, all my animes are on DVD and I´m getting a new harddrive this weekend so no space problems; and I have lots of free time ^^
2. although I make some mistakes Online, I have the best english in my class (Mark 1,6; 11th class)
3. My ears are quite good, so no problem ^^
4. When do I stop reading Manga´s? ^^
5. disappear from Dats? No way!

z-nut

TaeKwonDo Instructor
I might fit...

1. No memory or downloading issues on my computer.
2. I'll notice grammatical errors, but spelling...
3. As long as I keep the volume on, I shouldn't have a problem with timing.
4. Manga... Shouldn't have problem with reading the manga. Again, my grammar is good, but spelling is moderate.
5. All though Q5 sounds tempting, I'm not planning on leaving two days after.

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Finally, I found a way (hopefully) to repay DATS for their generous service.

1) Torrents and DDLs are nice. Especially when you went out to buy a 360 GB EHD just for anime...(seriously, i did.) DSL rocks.
2)I'm pretty sure that since i'm writing a book, I know how to spell and use grammer.
3)I have an eye for detail, and can spot things like that. (i play videogames.)
4)As long as it is in english, I'm good.
5) I've been here this long. My morals prevent me from just dropping a job.

Additional details (that i think you should know.):
I am a high school student so i have a LOT of free time in the evenings. My freinds at school love anime so they watch the videos as well. (So anything i might miss, they will see. So i come with added benefits.) I can log on during school hours as well to check if stuff needs done. (not that i can DL from there...) I can watch (normally) 3-5 hours per day. And i will watch/read anything.

happycow

celestial_sacred;44350 said:
Hmm.. This is what happens when your "threathening" was executed. Join people, join! :3

off-topic: thanks goodness I saw the notice 2 days before the deadline. :p

Trivial

1. I think i can download some, just don't do it in Megaupload
2. I can detect or translate some phrase in Japanese to English
3. I ever translate a RAW by myself
4. I love to read manga when i have time
5. If you mean that i've to stay for 48 hours non-stop after being hired, maybe kinda hard since i have some lectures

EDIT :
I've decided take back my application
Don't mind me

Quatre Winner

I would be more than happy to offer my services, if you'll forgive my lack of time. Full-time job plus school and all that.

1.) This is the only part I have a problem with, as I have a 20 gigabyte bandwidth limit split between four people (that leaves me five gigabytes a month. Oi.) I can do all the manga you want, with maybe one or two episodes a week.
2.) I'm fairly good with grammar, even if the way I use it is wonky, and provided you don't provide a lot of "weirds" or similar (I get the i and e mixed up more often than not), I can catch almost anything!
3.) I AMV as a hobby, so I'm familiar with the trials of timing (split seconds suck). I should be able to catch all but the most minor of errors.
4.) As I said, I can download all the manga you want.
5.) Of course not! I've been a loyal DATS member since Savers, and I don't plan to leave now! (though I do need to finish downloading Ryuusei and start on Tribe...)

I'm more than happy to offer my services if the DATS team will have me.

Chiisai-hime

Though I have no prior experience with quality control, I am editing and doing translation checks for a few subbing groups so I have no doubt my English is top notch. I still have approximately 300.8 GB free on my external hard drive and I watch too much anime for my own good. Thus, another four or five episodes a week hardly poses a threat. Sadly, I am a manga addict as well, and read for hours on end. I also have a habit of pointing out inconsistencies, troublesome sometimes, but well suited for this job. Since I have so much time on my hands, I highly doubt I will disappear unless I get abducted.
Thanks for considering my application and I'd love to add QCing to my list of skills.

fallinroxas

Can I still ask for the position.
I would love to be part of the DATS team.
I have never QCed before so I'm kinda new to it, but I'm willingly to try and do my best. ^_^

Email: fallinroxas@gmail.com

I am very very interested in QCing.
I am the current president of my schools anime club.
I will be very focus on the job. ^_^

Merged threads and posts. Applying in this thread suffices, really. - Zelsius