I need to marathon something...

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I need to marathon something...

I've been bored as hell this summer, and I need a nice series that I can marathon...

LIST OF SPECIFICS :D
- The series should be over 20 episodes, anything under that isn't fun to marathon. If you think the series is amazing and it's under 20 episodes, feel free to post it, but anything else, I don't want :p
- No shoujo, ai, and all that shit... Shounen, action, all that good stuff
-Somewhere I can get it: I don't want a series that I can't get :p

That's basically it ;_; and I don't have time to list everything I have watched, so don't ask :p Just post some things, and I'll tell ya if I have seen it or not...

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
blink.gif;2034 said:

Since you've said this, I think I'll withdraw my recommendations. But if you need something, go watch Onmyou Taisenki or The Law of Ueki. They're delicious.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Beyblade (3 seasons), Sonic (X, Underground or SatAM) or Kimba the White Lion, any of those interest you?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
digiboy123;2035 said:
Since you've said this, I think I'll withdraw my recommendations. But if you need something, go watch Onmyou Taisenki or The Law of Ueki. They're delicious.
I might look at them since half of the people on these forums have seen them :p

ChikoritaKaizer;2036 said:
Beyblade (3 seasons), Sonic (X, Underground or SatAM) or Kimba the White Lion, any of those interest you?
Eh... Sorry, just a little to kiddish for me D= They weren't some of my favorite series from when I was smaller D=

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
AIR GEAR

Bartender (it's only 11 episodes, but it's really good)

I'd suggest Chocotto Sister if it was fully subbed but it's not >_> Has some great humor in it.

If you haven't watched 'em, the various .hack animes. I enjoyed SIGN, but haven't rotten to roots yet.

Ghost Hunt! 25 episodes and absolutely amazing. It's not much of a show to marathon... it's better to load a File (Each case or "file" is a series of episodes where they solve a case) and just watch the single file in a dark room at about midnight. Oh *___*

Guuuuu~ Hare+Guu is great for some laughs, and can be marathoned at anytime, any place. :D

Watched Ouran? I can't remember if you turned that down or not... it's great for laughs~~

Paranoia Agent is also great for a mindfuck, if you're into that stuff. I think you've already watched it though?

Uhm... I only got 1/2 through last summer, but Ragnarok the Animation was kinda interesting, iirc. Should finish that soon.

Only six episodes, but Shinigami no Ballad was really good. Grab Triad's version if you're interested.

TIDE-LINE Blue looked good as well, though I haven't finished it myself either. >_>

Yakitate!! Japan~~~~ Who can forget that? x3

I doubt you'd be interested, but Zettai Shounen = amazing.

^ Half of the stuff I have downloaded in my G:/Anime. XD

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Do not get Guu - it's evil! I was subjected to an episode of it :p

Fullmetal Alchemist - pwnage, blood, alchemy, death, Lust nuff said

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
digiboy123;2035 said:

I love you so much for reccomending those to me. <3

@ Scipio: I think you meant "Yakitate!Japan" >_> /me runs

Re-watch Savers? Lol

Erm... Trinity Blood? Speed Grapher? I know you've watched them.. but all in one setting? :p

I'm.. blanking out of stuffs not said already.

Oh Last Exile isn't particularly long, but it's an awesome series. You have to just keep... watching.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Vande;2040 said:
Do not get Guu - it's evil! I was subjected to an episode of it
You're just an old hag that doesn't know funny when you see it :<

Kage;2041 said:
@ Scipio: I think you meant "Yakitate!Japan" >_> /me runs
>_> Still getting used to the keyboard. >_>

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
Try Black Cat and Utawarerumono. I'm sure there are still subs lying around somewhere because both are not very old series; rather new to be exact.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing

Waa~ I reckon it's Yakitate!! Japan. Unless Kage is meaning something else. D:

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
digiboy123;2044 said:

Waa~ I reckon it's Yakitate!! Japan. Unless Kage is meaning something else. D:

:) I've seen the manga use it as Yakitate!Japan and never stopped using it that way.

Oh, another rec... Get Backers. :) Action, powers, a guy that can't... just.. act his age... XD

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I've seen all of:
Speed Grapher
Black Cat
FMA
Air Gear

I've seen most of:
Trinity Blood
Paranoia Agent

Ones I'm thinking about watching:
Last Exile
Ghost Hunt
Law of Ueki
Get Backers

Thanks for all yalls help :D Keep them coming...

BrightWolf

A bit of Both
Kasimashi -girl meets girl- (13 Ep)
Ouran High
A cheeky Angel (50)
Pita Ten
Karin (24)
FLCL (6 ep)
OUTLAW STAR!!!
Disgaea
Zoids (any)
Black Blood Brothers

I recommend these
very funny and they have action (only some have action)

Note: I know where you can get all of these if you can't find them

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I guess a series like Meitantei Conan is out for suggestions, since that series, you're deducing, etc., to solve the mystery/murder, etc. It's not very "action-packed" 'cept for when they capture the suspect sometimes.

Why not binge on Hunter x Hunter? It's easy to marathon on, since it is a bit addictive and has a pretty good story. I know it was for me when I first watched it years ago, and that's way over 20 episodes, Animesuki probably has a torrent up for it still, since the series never received a license and I think it's probably due to the fact that neither the manga nor the anime "finished" and both have been on hiatus for the past three or four years or so. The manga does go beyond where the anime left off, though, and there are a whole lot of eps as well.

I can't really think of any other series, aside from the "obvious" Naruto or Bleach, as both are "action" based series.

Anywho, I'm not sure about the Black Cat anime. I heard that it wasn't too good compared to its manga (which I'm enjoying so far). I'm not sure if I actually want to try the series myself, until I read more of the manga.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I guess a series like Meitantei Conan is out for suggestions, since that series, you're deducing, etc., to solve the mystery/murder, etc. It's not very "action-packed" 'cept for when they capture the suspect sometimes.
Heh, I watch this from time to time... I think I'm on episode 98 ;_;

Why not binge on Hunter x Hunter? It's easy to marathon on, since it is a bit addictive and has a pretty good story. I know it was for me when I first watched it years ago, and that's way over 20 episodes, Animesuki probably has a torrent up for it still, since the series never received a license and I think it's probably due to the fact that neither the manga nor the anime "finished" and both have been on hiatus for the past three or four years or so. The manga does go beyond where the anime left off, though, and there are a whole lot of eps as well.
Heh... I've watched this series over 3 times and I'm reading the manga for the second time right now ;_; I love Yoshihiro Togsashi's works...

I can't really think of any other series, aside from the "obvious" Naruto or Bleach, as both are "action" based series.
I've seen all of Bleach, and Naruto is just... I don't know ;_; But I've random parts of it too.

Anywho, I'm not sure about the Black Cat anime. I heard that it wasn't too good compared to its manga (which I'm enjoying so far). I'm not sure if I actually want to try the series myself, until I read more of the manga.
Yeah, the manga is different... The manga was actually why I watched the anime. A month or so before the anime aired in Japan, a preview of the Black Cat manga was published in the American Shounen Jump. I read it there and wanted more of it right there :p

Nice choice of series though ;D All were good, but HxH is my all time favorite anime and manga =OOO

Ones I'm thinking about watching:
Last Exile
Ghost Hunt
Law of Ueki
Get Backers
Black Blood Brothers

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
blink.gif;2061 said:
Heh, I watch this from time to time... I think I'm on episode 98 ;_;
I really really wish some other group would pick up where AConan left off subbing it. They stopped at 100 something, and had subbed ep 314. At least you can get the movies to watch up to probably movie 10. Well, that's as high as I've seen, anyway. I never saw movie 11. I'm not even sure if anyone put a sub of it out yet.

Heh... I've watched this series over 3 times and I'm reading the manga for the second time right now ;_; I love Yoshihiro Togsashi's works...
I've watched it a lot too. That's one series I refeuse to delete off my HD along with what I have of Detective Conan.

Have you watched the subtitled HxH musicals that are up at animesuki? Now those are interesting. I love the one where it's pretty much a retelling of Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio trying to get to Killua's place after the exam when Killua was disqualified for killing that old guy. It's cool seeing the actual seiyuu playing the parts that they voice and Takeuchi Junko is truly talented, since Gon's character is supposed to be incredibly energetic, and she managed to keep it together and stuff. They'd make great cosplayers. lol I also like Hisoka more because of it. He is so cool!! For the one where they're at Killua's, he's hanging with Iruka. I liked when he used his bungee gum to make the entire family dance, and what made it funny, was the fact that Iruka was dancing too! And at the end of the dane, Hisoka was like..."Wait a minute, I wasn't controlling him with my Bungee Gum." lol
I've seen all of Bleach, and Naruto is just... I don't know ;_; But I've random parts of it too.
Well, they're still "action" series. lol
Yeah, the manga is different... The manga was actually why I watched the anime. A month or so before the anime aired in Japan, a preview of the Black Cat manga was published in the American Shounen Jump. I read it there and wanted more of it right there :p
What are the main differences between the anime and the manga?
Nice choice of series though ;D All were good, but HxH is my all time favorite anime and manga =OOO
Same for me. I just wish the series would literally finish.

Oh, as for other series, you could try Noir. That's over 20 episodes. I was about to suggest Najica: Blitz Tactics, but that's a 12-ep series and loaded with unnecessary fanservice. They always find every reason possible for Najica to have to wear a short skirt, so whenever she's fighting, you get a panty shot.

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
SSJ Jup81;2059 said:
you took mine:D

tetron

Quality Check<br>rawr inc.
blink.gif;2034 said:
LIST OF SPECIFICS :D
- The series should be over 20 episodes, anything under that isn't fun to marathon. If you think the series is amazing and it's under 20 episodes, feel free to post it, but anything else, I don't want :p
-Somewhere I can get it: I don't want a series that I can't get :p

Hmm don't know what ai is @_@ so.......

Blood+
D.Gray-man
Dragon Drive - definitely your favorite(accessible through meh :) )
Azumanga Daioh
Busou Renkin
Ghost Hunt
Tsubasa Chronicles - (not too much shoujo)
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Ergo Proxy

theres more D:

Recent shows that area considered amazing and stil going
Claymore
Darker Than Black
The Skull Man
Heroic Age

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
tetron;2104 said:
Hmm don't know what ai is @_@ so.......
He's talking shounen-ai which is "Boy Love"... [very] [light] gay material for the most part.