.hack

faqcorner

.hack

anyone watch any of these series (+ play their games?...)

I played a bit of .hack//Infection, .hack//GU 1 and 2 (might get 3 sometime....)

I watched a bit of .hack//SIGN, dub of .hack//Dusk (aka Legend of Twilight or something like that), and .hack//roots

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I've only watched .hack//SIGN, as as far as I remember, I enjoyed it quite a bit~

Been awhile though. I have all of .hack//roots downloaded, so I need to get around to watching it.

faqcorner

Scipio;11884 said:
I've only watched .hack//SIGN, as as far as I remember, I enjoyed it quite a bit~

Been awhile though. I have all of .hack//roots downloaded, so I need to get around to watching it.

roots is kind of interesting

it's the prelude to the .hack//GU game series

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I have never, in my entire life, played any of the .hack games. I'm not much of a gamer to begin with, and the storylines always seemed kinda... bland to me.

faqcorner

Scipio;11908 said:
I have never, in my entire life, played any of the .hack games. I'm not much of a gamer to begin with, and the storylines always seemed kinda... bland to me.

meh, w/e, it was just pretty interesting parts of it, or just go on like youtube or megavideo I think to watch the videos from the games(like the cutscenes...)....

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
I've played .hack 1-4, watched .hack//SIGN, the OVAs, read the manga, and am waiting for GU to be published here.

I'm not too impressed by the series, but somehow I still like it. Rein should have something to say here, too.

Pazuzu

Extreme Translator
I've watched both SIGN and Roots, not been overly impressed by either.

Played the original games, loved the storyline and characters to bits, more than most other RPGs.
Played GU 1-3, liked the new atmosphere and great gameplay, although it somehow never did equal the originals in terms of atmosphere.

Read all of the various manga series and the novels (and worked on the English-language versions of some).

So yeah, definite .hack fan here.

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
I've played all the games (excluding GU3 as I don't have the time to play it right now), watched all the series, read all the manga released in English, and read the novels as well.

My first forum was a .hack forum as well... >_>;

I agree with Pazuzu about the first four games. They were love. I like GU, but the atmosphere of the games just isn't magical anymore. It's too steampunk even for me (that, and the music sucks).

faqcorner

I wanna get the .hack//GU 3...but as I buy things in a order....

so that means I get MMSF first >_> then I think GU3 then SSBB...,etc....

faqcorner

Pazuzu;11933 said:
Order of what, release date?
...no...

like order of when I wanted it, (with a bit of crowd deciding kind of thing, meaning like I wanted SSBB, but by the time it's out there would be practically no more left so yea......