Geneon going under it seems and crackdowns?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Geneon going under it seems and crackdowns?

In light of Geneon and the tried-deal with ADV falling through, it seems like some companies may be taking a small "stand"? If people didn't know, ANN had two news about Geneon trying to get a deal with Densets (i think) and ADV. Both fell through. During this time, Geneon laid off a bunch of people... and just recently, they said that all releases after a date (November 6 I think?) are not being put off. If you wanted something, it had to be placed on hold (if i it was like... released Nov 6) by TODAY.

A lot of people are upset because of Hellsing, KKM, (LAW OF UEKI??!), Ergo Proxy, Shakugan no Shana.... yadda yadda other series...

So, does this reflect what my be happening to the anime industry here? From what I understood Geneon was still pretty high up in the anime industry... Is the sole reason fansubs? I agree it may be some, but not THE sole reason.

Also, I read FUNI sent Shinsen a C&D letter for RxJ though they stated that they are NOT licensing RxJ (yet?). Could this be a signal of more to come? Or maybe they're all really taking this 'fall' of Geneon seriously.

On another note, for Singaporeans( XD;), I read reports of ODEX ripping off translations of their subs from fansub groups? One of the notable now, are the translations for Haruhi. They were aired recently and apparently 99% of the translations are exactly the same. I understand the fact that people wanted better quality translating... but... taking from the fansubs? Isn't that... hypocritical?

Discuss pl0x?