Forum shoutbox - yes or no?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Forum shoutbox - yes or no?

So yeah, I've been debating this in my head for like the past month, and still haven't come to a good conclusion... so I shall ask my lovely members!

Would you like a shoutbox to be added to the forums? Why or why not?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I'd vote not - cause we have an entire forum to cover what we can do on a shoutbox.

Joey

♥ Webcomic Fiend ♥
Yeah, we already have IRC and the forums, I don't see the point in that. :x

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Shoutbox probably will just become a hassle with all the spam and stuff it might/will get DX If people want to "shout" they can come to the irc channel :D

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
IRC requires either loading the Javachat, or having an IRC client.

:x

Joey

♥ Webcomic Fiend ♥
And if you don't want to use IRC, then there's the forum just sitting there :eek:
Shoutboxes are always a hassle IMO :x

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
DATS.US is friendly forum for talking about other things, Staff aren't harsh (and i wish, that will be foor forever), so we don't need a second SB IMO.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I never understood the need for shout boxes anywhere, do people actually read the comments?

I vote no.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
The shoutbox though not needed, I still like it, it's a place where we can all go and let out and talk about things we cant or wouldst on the forums. little shouts and such wouldn't be considered post worthy if on the forum, so thats why it belongs in the shout box.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I like shout boxes, personally. It's a nice way to talk those actually on the board, without having to use messengers or a full on chat room.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I never find much use for them. And it's just another thing to load, even if it's like .00000001 milliseconds extra.

Tree

Ninja of the Forest
I vote yes. Nobody really chats in the IRC. It's just all fserv triggers, and botspam D: