For those who drive, how do you drive?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
For those who drive, how do you drive?

I'm just wondering, how people drive here. I know countries' driving rules are a bit different but safety isn't XP

Do you go over the speed limit on the freeway? If everyone's going 70 (or some mph over the limit) mph, do you go as fast or faster than 70? Or do you go 55? or do you keep at the speed limit (usually 65 in my area).

How close do you drive to cars ahead of you?

Also, (this pisses me off a lot), do you take advantage of the extra space in lanes where people are either merging, or turning right? That means, getting out of your lane to go into the area for merging traffic to beat like 3-5 cars and then having to force your way back into the lane. Or when there's space for a right turn, you decide to go into that space, and right as it turns green you speed your way out, and force the person who is in the lane to let you in?

:3 I'm curious as to how people drive XD Most of these questions are stuff I see about 3 times every day, more even, and it pisses me off to see people do that since there's no reason you HAVE to force yourself in unless there's an accident. It causes risks. I'm always thinking that people are driving as dumbasses. XD;;;

Skeith

I drive like this lady.
Yukari1.png

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i got the speed of the trafic on the highway

most of the time im at least 2 car length away from the person in front of me in case they slam their brakes unless i forced to do otherwise

i dont try to get in front of as many cars as i can all your going to do is save a few seconds on your time and possibly cause an accident

thats is how i drive

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
RamenRanger;8065 said:
i got the speed of the trafic on the highway

most of the time im at least 2 car length away from the person in front of me in case they slam their brakes unless i forced to do otherwise

i dont try to get in front of as many cars as i can all your going to do is save a few seconds on your time and possibly cause an accident

thats is how i drive

I like you. You're safe and not crazy. XP Or a stupid driver. XDDDDDDD

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
Well I drive by the rules and mainly stick to the legal speed limit but sometimes go 1-8 km/hr above the speed limit but usually stick to the limit (In the slow lane). I don't use the merge lane to beat a few people, I merge correctly and I know how to use a four way stop (Man I get pissed when I see people who don't know how to use one), Oh and well I could say more but it will only sound funny to people in my area, lol (Laughing at all of the stupid drivers) Yes I also (Only one I know) who does a full stop at stop signs. I also allow for space infront of me when stoped, I stop so that I can still see the bottom of the tires of the car in front of me, and when moving 2 secs for slow driving and 3 for high. Oh also to add to the picture, I am also the one driving by were all you hear is bass. The music help me relax when I get pissed off by all the crappy drivers in my area. Also it is like a back massager and makes all your hairs vibrate.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
I go at or a little below the speed limit and obey (or at least try to) all the laws of the road. And I come to a complete stop at stop signs, unlike almost everyone else in California >_> XD.

G4bumon

<b>Timer</b>
ChikoritaKaizer;8073 said:
I go at or a little below the speed limit and obey (or at least try to) all the laws of the road. And I come to a complete stop at stop signs, unlike almost everyone else in California >_> XD.

Wait, I am not form California, but I thought it was legal to do a rolling slop. I though that was something that you can do in the US.

NVM I just looked it up lol, it is still illegal, lol but here is a funny link form the urban dictionary.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I drive at least 5 miles UNDER the speed limit or the speed limit when rushed....I stop at least two feet away from a car in front of me and always look both ways when crossing intersection....oh and always wear seatbelt.

celestial_sacred

Um.. Well... I'm still new at driving. Just got my probation license a few months ago. XD I'm doing it slow now.. I think (the speed-o-meter is broken). I still obey the road rules.... I have to! If I get a certain amount of accidents, I'll have to retake that stupid driving test. :confused:

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I guess I drive fine. Usually 5 miles OVER the speed limit even if I'm not trying. I've gotten into one accident and some close calls (which WEREN'T my fault).

I have noticed one thing though.. See, I live in a big tourist town so we get people here from all over the place.
People from Georgia CANNOT do anything faster than five miles UNDER the speed limit. And I ALWAYS get stuck behind one of them on the six mile two-lane road from work to home.
People from Michigan drive without using signals and act like they own the road.
People from Florida drive like they're scared to drive.
Virginia people most of the time they don't know where they're going.
You can always tell who's a local by who's trying to do 35 + down the main road that's posted at 25 and weaving in and out of traffic that's either doing the speed limit, or gawking at the sights and not paying attention that they're driving TEN MILES AN HOUR.
*Froth*
Ok, granted this isn't an "everyone from [here] does this".. but it's just whoever comes HEEEERE does. I've lost count how many Georgians I've cussed out in my car after dealing with tourist morons all day >_<;;

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
ChikoritaKaizer;8073 said:
Same. Also, unlike everyone else, I come to a complete stop at the red light (where it doesn't have a sign "No right on red") and wait until I see that there's no traffic before crawling out to check and then turn.

I heard recently that there's been cops enforcing a policy of letting the crosswalkers step onto the sidewalk before making a turn. (Cause there's some people who go when people have crossed the halfway point and others who speed to make a turn before the crossers get into the path. -_-)

On whether or not I drive at the speed limit. I drive right on it or just below it. Why? -_- Hey when I took the driving test, the only thing I was marked down for, was because I drove everywhere 5 mph below the limit. >_> Seriously. They want you driving on it. XP Not over it it... but on it. XP lolz my theory at least.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I try to drive cautiously, for the most part and I usually go the speed limit...sometimes over a bit, but not to the point of its being dangerous. Like if the speed limit is 65 on the highway, I'd more than likely go between 70 and 75mph, or either just 70. I usually try not to go no more than 5mph over the speed limit in general.
Skeith;8063 said:
I drive like this lady.
Yukari1.png
I will definitely make sure to get off the road if you drive like her!! Does your car resemble the "Yukari mobile", by chance?

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I am perhaps the most paranoid driver ever. (Seriously, whenever I took driver's ed the guy was like "I don't want to say you're being too careful, but...") I'm constantly watching everyone else to make sure someone else doesn't do something insane that results in an impact with my car. I go at the speed limit or just below. I'm also never quite relaxed behind the wheel. XP I hate driving, and I don't think I'll ever come to actually like it.

Tcatomon

Airdra;8098 said:
I am perhaps the most paranoid driver ever. (Seriously, whenever I took driver's ed the guy was like "I don't want to say you're being too careful, but...") I'm constantly watching everyone else to make sure someone else doesn't do something insane that results in an impact with my car. I go at the speed limit or just below. I'm also never quite relaxed behind the wheel. XP I hate driving, and I don't think I'll ever come to actually like it.

Oh God... I was exactly the same way in drivers ed. I never got it up over 15 miles an hour... in 45s XD;
I didn't get my lisence until I was pushing 19, but I had the class when I was still 15 (my birthday's in Nov, so I did get out of the class at 16). I was freaked out about doing it for the longest time and I haaaated driving in the worst way (the only time I ever drove was to and from work). Once I got my own car and got my parents and teacher out of it I finally started to relax. Now it doesn't bother me at all and though I'm careful I don't think twice about it. After a while you learn to figure out what to expect from other people. Strangely enough there's a pattern to how people drive o_o

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Heck, I didn't get my full license until a couple of days before my twenty-third birthday, and that was only because my learner's permit was going to expire anyway. ^^;; I had tried to get it when I was 19, but I had some sort of panic attack, freaked out quite a bit, and failed the test. >_> (Which was probably a really good thing, as it kept me and my freaking-out self off the road.)

I'm slightly more relaxed than I used to be, but I just hate driving so much. Hate it, hate it, hate it. >_<

Tcatomon

You just need to drive for the sake of doing something, rather than having to go somewhere (and lots of music :D) actually the best thing that chilled me out was driving back and forth between university and home (two hour drive) on the highway. It's nice when you just stay in the slow lane and let the crazy truckers and speedsters run passed you. Fear not, you're not alone. :eek:

And that's the same reason I got my full license, my permit ran out. I've had it since 2001 and it runs out this November. XD I still look 18 since they used the same picture as my permit.

Joey

&hearts; Webcomic Fiend &hearts;
I try to drive very carefully. Never do rolling stops, leave a decent space between me and the person in front of me, don't drive on the brakes, etc. I'm sure it'll pay off in the long run. :]

Also, passing just to get somehwere faster is evil. >_>