DVD format

Angewolf

DVD format

Can someone tell me what is the right format that a video has to be so i can burn it to a DVD?

Also does anyone know a program that i can use to change a MKV file to that type?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Automen does MKV > AVI and is a prog i use takes a while to re-encode it.

Angewolf

Okay i downloaded it, but i can't seem to put it to AVI only XviD,Mpeg4,X264, flv,WMV, Huffyuv, and Mepg2

Angewolf

o.o oh lol didn't know that XD.

Well i put it what i wanted on a dvd and x.x i noticed when i played it on my TV in the living room (a large full screen TV) that the subs are either too big or the video needs to be resized becuse half of the words (if one line only) or half of the bottom lined words is cut off and sometimes it almost a whole word would be cut off from the side x.x

Might you know how can i fix that Vande?

EDIT: I also noticed i can't change OGM files to x.x got any clue how i can fix that aswell?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
You need to play with the settings, the most common ones i use for MP4 to XVID/Avi are:

XVID
233.50MB
(7)-2 Pass
Audioquality: Lame: 112kbps
Video Resize: AutoCrop and Width: 720

As for OGM's nada sorry can't help you there.

Angewolf

Okay thankyu Vande i'll see if useing the orignal size might help and hope it doesn't end up being too small! XD but if it those then i know all i gata do is slowly make it bigger lol. make them bigger is what going this way <--- or this way --->?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
BTW, if you want your DVD to be playable in a DVD player, you should use a CSS encoder. (CSS is the copy-protection method used by DVD's.) But those cost $$$... I only know how to burn DVD-playable DVD's through Linux.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Zodiac;82903 said:
BTW, if you want your DVD to be playable in a DVD player, you should use a CSS encoder. (CSS is the copy-protection method used by DVD's.) But those cost $$$... I only know how to burn DVD-playable DVD's through Linux.

That's just pants as you can burn a DVD for free without it.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Vande;83022 said:
That's just pants as you can burn a DVD for free without it.

You can burn a DVD for free, but it won't be playable on a DVD player unless you convert whatever file you use to a VOB file.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Angewolf;83322 said:
Ummmm that isn't true i played the DVD i burned just fine on my dvd player.

Well, in order to be compatible with all DVD players, then. You must have a different program. Sorry if I wasn't any help. :D