Dragon Ball Z Live Action Movie

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
dude, this could be an awesome movie. But it took like 50 eps to beat freza, how could they do it in < 3 hours?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Dude, this news is so old it's not even funny.

But when it was first brought up years ago, I believe they said they'd so movies by sagas. First is the Vegeta/Saiyan Saga, I guess.

GordoBaggins

Royal_Knight;8922 said:
dude, this could be an awesome movie. But it took like 50 eps to beat freza, how could they do it in < 3 hours?
It takes them fifteen episodes to finish a typical fight. So yeah, with this logic, there WILL be sequels. ;)

Didn't Brendan Fraser express interest in playing a part? If so... gawd, Brendan Fraser? I mean, I like him as an actor sorta, but... DBZ? <.<

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah, this is majorly old o_o I remember a few years ago, FUNi or someone had a vote on who you'd like to play who in the live action movie and you could vote on who you wanted to play a certain character...

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
digiboy123;8923 said:
Dude, this news is so old it's not even funny.

But when it was first brought up years ago, I believe they said they'd so movies by sagas. First is the Vegeta/Saiyan Saga, I guess.

fox has had the rights to a live action DBZ movie since 2002, according to imdb.com. but, it's starting to be flimed (er, re-filmed) now, and that's new news.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Yes, apparently King Piccolo will be the one who kills Goku's grandfather, so as to make his character seem more evil. He'll also want Goku to join his side rather than fight him, a la Vegeta. Other elements being combined for this film involve Mai now being Piccolo's loyal follower (no Pilaf), and she'll have the ability to shapeshift (no Oolong or Puar).

I know Marsters will give it his best shot, evil's what the man does. Chatman was also a good choice to play Goku, since he's not a notable name.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
i can't believe that they're actually going threw with it this time...the only problem is it's like 7 years late. If they had did this when dbz was in it's prime...that would have been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome

PrimoPiccolo

Yeah, this really feels like some executive just had their wife find their license to a DBZ movie under the couch and said "see, I told you that you'd never use this." Then he went "I said I'd use it, and I will!"

If they were really waiting until the right time or until the proper talent were available (cast or crew wise), they really should have waited a little longer.

PrimoPiccolo

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i7c5caf365ab6a9b8d98afe2ed1581d89

Jamie Chung (The Real World, season 14) will be playing Chi Chi. Cute enough, I guess. But she's no Asia Carrera.

jamie_3.jpg
jamie_1.jpg

PrimoPiccolo

Bulma, Yamcha and Mai have all been cast.

Yamcha's some guy from the group G.O.D. Never heard of them.
1348169201_m.jpg

The shapeshifting Mai will be Eriko (Takezo Kensei/Hiro's love interest from Heroes)
eriko-tamura-the-grudge-2-world-premiere-0uN9ai.jpg

And Bulma will be played by Emmy Rossum (Phantom of the Opera, Poseidon). As long as I'm posting pics...
emmy-rossum-picture-2.jpg

Have to say, I think the choice for Bulma was great. Emmy will do brilliantly as a smarmy genius.

Also, producer Stephen Chow was upset he wasn't able to cast more China stars in the film.

PrimoPiccolo

Thanks to The Hollywood Reporter, we've learned Chow Yun Fat will be playing the role of Goku's wise Master Roshi.

I think he's great at martial arts, but not great at English. His lines will probably end up being reduced to the typical karate movie mentor. I just don't see that guy succeeding as a lecherous old man.

You know who would have been great? Pat Morita. Too bad he's already gone...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Actually, if I remember correctly they've been talking about a DBZ movie since about 2000. There's a HK DBZ movie already out there and from what I've heard about it it sounds alot more amusing than this new one... As for plot on this 2008 release...

"This particular set is for "Unitech High School" where Goku will take classes. According to the site, the license plates of all the cars say "City Of The Future", while the cars themselves run on "solar cells". In the scene being shot, Goku is ridding a bike when the yellow sports car hits him." .. which is driven by Bulma. The "yellow sports car" pictures makes think Bumblebee got loose from Transformers and decided to run him over. At least they got it right to having Goku in orange... even if it is a Tshirt.

I'll admit to not being a fan of the series (I watched a bunch of DB back in the late 80's and watched DBZ until I realized it was taking a month to find plot), but I think I may just gather a bunch of friends after the crowds die out and go to enjoy a few laughs.

More infos: http://www.dragonballmovieblog.com/

PrimoPiccolo

What a freakin' surprise! The Dragon Ball movie has been pushed back from August 15 to April 9, 2009. Reports indicate the production house was scared of Star Wars: Clone Wars opening the same weekend and beating the crap out of their ticket sales.

Well, bleh. We may as well see a corny movie ASAP, holding it back really won't help it all that much (recalls the Olympic-weekend miracle that was Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie debuting in 4th place, then dropping to like 20th the next weekend)

ProjektZero

I will watch the movie if they have this quote in it:

Nappa: VEGETA! WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT HIS POWER LEVEL?
Vegeta: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!