Dilemma! Need help!

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Dilemma! Need help!

So, Wednesday I leave to San Diego for my FIRST Robotics Regional. @_@ I plan to get a DS right after I get there cause there's a gamestop right across from the holiday Inn.

Dilemna. Should I try and call to get a DS reserved? or what? What do I do? Do I not worry? ^^;

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Well i work at a gamestop, and if the one you go to is the same as mine then you cant reserve, you can only reserve stuff for the day its released

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
@_@ But can I call them to see if they think they may have a DS in stock that day... time I'm there? XD Cause I live like AWAY from San Diego.. XD;

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Kage;32728 said:
@_@ But can I call them to see if they think they may have a DS in stock that day... time I'm there? XD Cause I live like AWAY from San Diego.. XD;

That might work... but the problem is, again, if its like my store, they'll never know when there getting anything (We get delivery's every day and we never know whats going to be in them... could be new Wiis or could just be crap) Though at my store they can sometimes guess whats coming but there not always right... so try calling it might work, but i wouldn't get your hopes up (and try to reserve one anyway, that store MIGHT be different)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I'm just like.. so afraid that when I get there they'd have NO DS FOR ME ;-;

Also, how would you say the quality of a GameStop refurbished DS be? XD; Or just go for a new one?

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Kage;32730 said:
I'm just like.. so afraid that when I get there they'd have NO DS FOR ME ;-;

Also, how would you say the quality of a GameStop refurbished DS be? XD; Or just go for a new one?

They'll guarantee that it work, (and try it out to make sure) but there might be some scratches and it might not be in mint condition but it will work or you can take it back to a different gamestop, but you'll need the recite i think

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Ten to one they'll have a DS in stock. I've never run into a Gamestop that DIDN'T have a DS in stock.

"Also, how would you say the quality of a GameStop refurbished DS be? XD; Or just go for a new one?" Depends on if you want to save cash or not. I've never never noticed a difference between new and used anyway.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Tcatomon;32733 said:
Ten to one they'll have a DS in stock. I've never run into a Gamestop that DIDN'T have a DS in stock.

"Also, how would you say the quality of a GameStop refurbished DS be? XD; Or just go for a new one?" Depends on if you want to save cash or not. I've never never noticed a difference between new and used anyway.

No your totally wrong, its like 50/50 at least here it is

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ohhh ok. I guess if they have a refurbished one I might take it. Try to make as less money from my New Year's Money "accidentally" disappear as possible.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Thanks for the help~

But if anyone else can help me, living near this Gamestop lols, post? XD

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The one I go to almost always has at least 5 used DSes, and a couple new, so you shouldn't have much problem. :x

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
Gamestops almost always have DSes in stock. And to freak out that one store out of many (especially in a city like San Diego) would run out of DSes is silly. I'd understand to worry if you were going to the middle of nowhere, but not San Diego.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Cory... @_@ I CAN'T DRIVE anywhere in San Diego... >_> It's a school trip (+ I won't have my car.. there's on 2 drivers and that's person dropping us off and my teacher). So I can't you know... make my friends walk 10 blocks...