Digimon Savers Movie

Frozen Twins

Digimon Savers Movie

I'm Frozen Twins, and this is my article on the Digimon Movie #"9".

Betamon X: With the occasional comment by myself...

Gomamon: and me.

So lets do this. First things are first, the time setting of the Movie. This is a hard thing to deal with, I don't know what Bandai has officially said this movie was placed, but here are the facts.
1. Immediatly after ShineGreymon gets his Burst mode, the world starts to collapse... and as we clearly saw, the digital world was not collapsing into the human one.
2. Lets say that this happened before Burst Mode in the series... the only available time for that to happen would be right after Tohma leaves to save his sister, but the fact that Gaomon was with the other two digimon proves that it didn't.
3. Anytime this could have possibly happened, even after the series ended, Ikuto and Falcomon would have been their somewhere, and if it had been after the Series ended (and before the digimon left I mean) then where was Chika and Biyomon?

So the time component of this could not exist logically unless we were to assume a lot of factors that wouldn't make sense.

The next thing... where were the other digimon? If it was as Argomon said, the whole city was asleep, that mean's that PawnChessmon, Kamemon and Kudamon and maybe Biyomon would also be trying a way to wake their partners up. So where was everyone else, especially Falcomon, if Ikuto was staying at the Daimon's house.

Betamon X: For the whole series, it seems just to push ever all the rookies except for the three main ones. It's a pretty big dissapointment.

So now we come up to the next subject, right after the really awsome fighting, Raremon asks the girl whether or not she's a girl. She says she is, however her name doesn't end in mon. Their is without a doubt she is really not a digimon. So, is she like Ikuto where she was a human child who was taken into the human world, or is she like Gennai, something that's exactly like digimon except for the fact that she doesn't have an attack.

The movie seems to support the first theory more then the second, as it appears that Argomon is her digimon.

Now here is another interesting thing to look at. The movie brings in somewhat of a pokemon style thing with "Attributes". Argomon is obvoiusly a plant type Perfect, and yet Agumon's Pepper Breath (I treat his close range attack as Baby Burner and his long range as Pepper Breath, but that's another subject for another time.), completly destroys Argomon, catching him on fire. The last time this kind of elemental abuse only happend one other time in the series of digimon and that was in forth season when they used the weather to their advantage.

Betamon X: Of course, Forth season being stupid forth season, they never even touched the subject ever again in the whole season.

Gomamon: Unless you count Raremon's little water trick, which would bring the number up to three other times.

Betamon X: Point proven, but never for the good guys again after that point.

So Argomon's Perfect is extremly suspectable and weak as a Rookie's attack wiped him out, however when he goes to Mega, his power increases massively, as ShineGreymon got wasted. I have a problem with this, as usually, digimon's power rating is about equivalent through all of their evolutions. And since ShineGreymon got wasted by him, it either proves one of two things, Agumon hit something extremely vital or ShineGreymon is extremly weak... I think its more for the second one, but that's another subject.

All in all the movie sucked. However, the very beggining was the best Rookie Action scene Bandai has come out with for digimon. Other then that, the Movie Stunk worse then Raremon.

dramonmaster222

I enjoyed it actually. True, the movie was WAY too short but it's been how long since we had a digimon movie.

So now we come up to the next subject, right after the really awsome fighting, Raremon asks the girl whether or not she's a girl. She says she is, however her name doesn't end in mon. Their is without a doubt she is really not a digimon. So, is she like Ikuto where she was a human child who was taken into the human world, or is she like Gennai, something that's exactly like digimon except for the fact that she doesn't have an attack.

Rhythm clearly said she was a digimon when asked plus she did go back to the DW at the end of the movie.

Frozen Twins

She clearly did, but Ikuto also clearly thought he was a digimon as well. I find it hard to believe that Rhythm is an actual digimon. I think Bandai through it in just to annoy people who liked to anayleze digimon like this.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I try not to analyze things too harshly. As far as the Savers movie goes, I thought the action sequences were top-notch, as was the animation. If Gaomon had acted like that the entire series, I probably would have liked him a lot more. Lalamon and the sausage was hilarious, and the Agumon/Rhythm 'shipping was a welcome change of pace for Savers.

Argomon kind of sucked as a baddie, not really doing anything new, and Masaru coming in at the end didn't really work for me (even though the bond needed to be present in order for him to evolve, I know), but I thought the thing was just plain entertaining, and that's all I want out of TV, be it Digimon or anything else. The whole psychological aspects are just icing on the cake.

celestial_sacred

It's true it hardly made sense. But it has the best animation and action. It's more like an OVA I guess. I actually enjoyed it too, despite the huge plotholes.

Remember Ikuto doesn't have a good Japanese proficiency? Rhythm has. And I don't think Rhythm could have been taught Japanese by a Digimon (unless Ikuto is dumb and Rhythm is smart). So, I think Rhythm is a Digimon herself, like what she claimed. Even Raramon suspected something different about Rhythm.

Frozen Twins

The Raremon part is worth investigating, however, all the digimon spoke regular japanese, Ikuto's broken speech is another plot hole.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ikuto's Japanese did improve over the series... though that is a very interesting tidbit. Why is it that Ikuto had broken speech, while Digimon are fluent? :confused:

Even Guilmon, after just being born, was fluent. Weird.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
This movie was simply just not something to be overanalyzed. It was 20 minutes long, and the studio attempted to do the best they could in that short timeslot...which could not have been easy.

Movies often have to be taken out of continuity, especially in a situation like this one. Obviously, trying to figure out when it took place won't yeild any sensible results...just accept that it can't really tie in and enjoy it as a seperate story, I say.

Rhythm stated that she was a digimon, and she was. She even had wings growing from her head, much unlike Ikuto. It's true that much about her should've been explained and no doubt would have if there had been more time, but again...20 minutes. What're you gonna do?

Fire burns plants. If digimon's fire couldn't do that, then Gabumon wouldn't have been able to light a fire for warmth with his petit fire. I hardly see that as "abuse". Besides, the point of Agumon defeating Argomon in perfect form was not to be taken as "fire beats grass", but rather "Never give up, not even against impossible odds. If your will is strong enough, you can do anything." That's the basic theme of Savers itself, if you ask me. Of course it would be perpetuated in the movie.

Also, a consistent level of relative power through evolutions? Not always so. Patamon -> Angemon? HUGE leap in power. And pity on anything that evolves into Sukamon or Numemon, there's a huge drop in power. Argomon just became incredibly strong when evolving to Ultimate...it's not that Agumon became relatively weaker as ShineGreymon. Besides, if he had completely wasted Argomon upon evolving, the conclusion of the movie would not have been as exciting.

Personally I enjoyed the movie for what it was. A short, out-of-continuity, visually stunning episode. It was never meant to be overanalyzed. If you ask me, anyone who does so is simply detracting from their own viewing experience.

/Gaomon's 2 cents

Frozen Twins

I see you guys have a problem with my overanalyzing... let me clarify some things first... A. I did enjoy the movie... sort of. Basically the begining was just so awsome that a regular Saver's quality finish just didn't work for it.

B. I thank you for giving you're two cents like that Gaomon. I want to figure this movie out, and that's what you did. So just because I like to anaylze things after I enjoy them.

As for the Abuse of Elements... I diffinetly see what you're saying. Savers' is about the Digisoul, which is never give up. Honestly, that's stupid, you have to be smart about it, which Savers' didn't touch on very much. So the fact that the Digisoul could have made up for the huge "gape" of energy required, is a very real fact. I didn't think about that, so I commend you.

As for a consistent relative power, I said generally, I know their are the exceptions, but it is still generally fairly close.

As for Rythm, I still don't believe that she's a digimon... as it shakes the basis of what a digimon is. She's too humanoid, doesn't end in mon, and shows no "attack" of any sort as well as seems to be Argomon's Human.

I would still like to restate that I did enjoy the movie... I just like to increase my enjoyment by analzying it later.

amigobro2

Frozen Twins;13271 said:
I see you guys have a problem with my overanalyzing... let me clarify some things first... A. I did enjoy the movie... sort of. Basically the begining was just so awsome that a regular Saver's quality finish just didn't work for it.

B. I thank you for giving you're two cents like that Gaomon. I want to figure this movie out, and that's what you did. So just because I like to anaylze things after I enjoy them.

As for the Abuse of Elements... I diffinetly see what you're saying. Savers' is about the Digisoul, which is never give up. Honestly, that's stupid, you have to be smart about it, which Savers' didn't touch on very much. So the fact that the Digisoul could have made up for the huge "gape" of energy required, is a very real fact. I didn't think about that, so I commend you.

As for a consistent relative power, I said generally, I know their are the exceptions, but it is still generally fairly close.

As for Rythm, I still don't believe that she's a digimon... as it shakes the basis of what a digimon is. She's too humanoid, doesn't end in mon, and shows no "attack" of any sort as well as seems to be Argomon's Human.

I would still like to restate that I did enjoy the movie... I just like to increase my enjoyment by analzying it later.

Well, I don't mean to start an argument or anything, but I'm ONLY gonna say this:

It really doesn't matter how "humanoid" Rhythm is, there are MANY Digimon out there that are just as "humanoid"! As for attacks, Calumon really didn't have "attacks" per say, unless you count "Shining Digivolution" as one, which I really don't think actually counts. And finally, as for her name not ending in "-mon", there was one Digimon I think in the same situation, "Bun" from "C'mon Digimon" (unless he did have a name I don't know of), and another thing, would you really consider the Gizmon as Digimon? They have "-mon" at the end of their names, yet they really aren't Digimon, artificial Digimon maybe, but I don't know...

So, as you can see, Digimon, are "digital monsters", and monsters don't necessarily have to be mean, big, and ugly creatures that don't look anything like humans. And there are ALWAYS exceptions. And exactly "what" is a Digimon, they are a BIG mystery and as shown in the anime and mangas themselves, humans know NOTHING about them, or what they really are "exactly". So I really don't think we should doubt her being a Digimon, cause who knows, maybe there are more Digimon out there like her..... :cool:

Frozen Twins

I'm not trying to start an argument... simply a debate. I have a problem with one character having not only one exception... but several. As for the Bun thing... Bun was the nickname the character gave him... but I don't think it actually states the Digimon actual name ( I wonder if he shows up in any digi-dex's)

As for Rhythm... she's more humanoid then any other digimon,. like massivly more. As for the other exceptions... you do need to remember Calumon has an interesting situation... he's a power made into a digimon... which would thwart the rules some. Unless Rhythm is the same... she doesn't have that same ability to "thwart" the rules. As for the Gizmon... that's a whole nother Debate in of it's self... maybe I should start a thread about it.

Please, don't take what I'm saying offensive in any way. I'm not trying to be a jerk or show you up. All I want to do is figure out the truth through debate.

Betamon X: and overanaylze everything as well.

Well... that too.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Rhythm and Lucemon look equally human, if you ask me. I'd also like to point out the glowing wings atop Rhythm's head once more...definitely not a human trait. She also calmly stated that she was a digimon, unlike Ikuto who shouted it blatantly and insistingly, revealing his insecurities and subconscious knowledge as to what he really was. There was also her increasing fondness for Agumon throughout the movie, which ended with a kiss on the nose and a "Daisuki!". Granted, both actions could be taken very platonically, 'thank you little critter for saving my human life', but it could also be taken as one digimon having a crush on another. I do believe she was a digimon, and a special one in a similar sense to Culumon. Unfortunately the movie really didn't have time to unfold the layers of mystery surrounding her.

Frozen Twins

Lucemon has very set Giant wings... Rythm has something that could be called a hat. As for the digimon part, Ikuto had those around him who constantly hinted to him that he wasn't human. It didn't seem like Rhythm had that in her life. Another thing is that she shows no "ability". As for the third thing, she held the digisoul... I need to watch the last episode of savers' again before I continue that part of the debate.

As for the kiss... the only reason you think it's a crush is because Raramon goes absolutly berserk when she kisses him. (Second best part of the movie). But if you think about it, if she thinks she's a digimon, her "attractions" of the equavelent of a high school crush would be to a digimon. Not actual love, just a high school crush.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
amigobro2;13280 said:
would you really consider the Gizmon as Digimon? They have "-mon" at the end of their names, yet they really aren't Digimon, artificial Digimon maybe, but I don't know...

Why wouldn't they be counted as real? Weren't all digimon supposed to be made by humans (in tamers anyway)? If amn-mades don't count, what about Kimeramon in 02?

AH, TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Gizmon count as Digimon. They may be artifically altered by Kurata, yet are still Digimon. They even leave Digitama if they are killed.

As for Rhythm being a Digimon:
- Digimon Names don´t neccesary end with -mon.
- There are Digimon who look extremely human, like most Angel Digimon, or Rosemon. And that Girl from that Adventure 02 Drama CD. Forgot her name.
- Fairywings on your head are not a human sign.
- Rhythm comes from the Digital World and returns. Do you think they would let her go if she was human ?
-Raramon noted that she is a Digimon. Remember that she can track Digimon Signals.
-As for your DigiSoul Claim, that was Masaru´s.

And "Elemental Weakness" does indeed exist in case of Digimon aswell, but to claim that Pokemon created that first shows ignorance and foolishness.

Oh and as for Argomon´s Power: If we go by the Alpha Cards, Argomon Perfect is extrmemely weak, but his Ultimate is extremely strong.

Frozen Twins

Alright, I'll admit, you guys make a strong point with the Raramon thing for Rythm not being human. However... She's still not a digimon... using all the same facts I've said before, she is like Gennai. A Digimon without special abilities and attacks and is an actual humanoid.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Do you have prrof that she does not have special abilities or Attacks ? Since she thinks that she is weak, she might not even have tried to use an Attack.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;14499 said:
Do you have prrof that she does not have special abilities or Attacks ? Since she thinks that she is weak, she might not even have tried to use an Attack.

That never stopped all the In-Training Digimon when they battled Kuwagamon in the first ep of Adventure. heck, they may as well not had an attack. THEY HAD BUBBLES. Scary bubbles.

But yeah, I see Rythm as either a Gennai-type being or a smarter version of Ikuto.