Digimon DVD's

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
That has to be fake. As far as I know, no english dvds for the dub of Adventure were ever released. I know there were vhs ones, since I owned one or two... but never a dvd, much less a whole set o_o

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
OH, I've just done some research on this...

It seems the DVDs were made by Alliance Entertainment... so I'm not sure if it's the same dub, but the episode titles seem to be the same...

http://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Season-First-Encounter-1/dp/B0008OFM2Y

But then, if you read the comments, some say it's excellent and other say it's a bootleg... and you never know if that good review was from the bootlegger himself :<

Markbegg49

Hmm... i was doing the same thing, i may contact them about it? They only seem to be a distributor so they shouldnt of dubbed it. Seems to be a limited canadian release though. very excited if its real :)

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah... I've been searching 'Alliance Entertainment Digimon' through google, and it seems that it's a known distributor of Digimon... But alot of people said they failed just as bad as Fox did :<

Markbegg49

Hmm, so this means they may of made a quiet launch of the item??? I need to find someone whos bought one set and ask them about it??? :confused: this ios really starting to bug me

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Scar;8705 said:
Yeah... I've been searching 'Alliance Entertainment Digimon' through google, and it seems that it's a known distributor of Digimon... But alot of people said they failed just as bad as Fox did :<

Wouldn't they have just tossed the English version onto DVD? or do you mean they did a dub of it too? Even still, I've never heard of them o_o

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's what they basically did... tossing it on there. But unless they wanted to do alot of work, I doubt they would have used the japanese raws >: And if they didn't do that, where the hell would they have gotten the dub video from? And about them failing, I meant about the audio/video quality and such...

But yeah, I've never heard of them either.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
That's a bootleg for sure.

There have been official Digimon DVDs. But only for the first 13 episodes. No others, beside the movie, has been released, TMK.

Tcatomon

The question you must ask yourself... to bootleg, or not to bootleg. >_>

Not all bootleg vids are terrible quality, though alot of them are recorded from the TV, so for all you know it could have the FOX logo in the corner, lol. Unless you're a purist I'd go for it just if you want the episodes. XD; At least they're in English, though it's odd to not see bi-lingual anything included on it.

terriermon

Digimon DVDs

Actually... I just recieved my copy yesterday. This box set is anything but bootleg. OMG, it is totally official, though the box states Saban entertainment as maker of it and not Disney who now owns the rights.
Other than that its the nicest looking box set EVER!and the discs are well placed inside the 6 disc set box. Trust me, this cannot be bootleg. You have to buy it. It cost me like 73 dollars, but I totally dont regret it. :]

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
Well, provide some screenshots of the last episode from that DVD.

And if there is no logo or no sign of a logo removal filter then it will be considered non-bootleg, but until then, its 100% bootleg.

Tcatomon

Logo filter? How does that work?
Also, yes, please let us know if it's official. I know several people who'd want to get their hands on a complete copy, since they hate subs..unlike me. XD;

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
It means, that somebody didn't remove the logo from the episodes before bootlegging it, as there would be a Fox Kids, ABC Family, Jetix, etc. logo there

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
If someone did buy it, can someone tell me does it have subtitling options or at least closed caption on it?

What I hate about most kid English DVDs is that they have no subtitle option. (i.e. Beyblade G Revolution offical English DVDs didnt have them!)

Tcatomon

Akai Shuichi;13790 said:
It means, that somebody didn't remove the logo from the episodes before bootlegging it, as there would be a Fox Kids, ABC Family, Jetix, etc. logo there

OH! I thought you meant there WAS a way to filter it out of the episode. My bad.

"If someone did buy it, can someone tell me does it have subtitling options or at least closed caption on it?

What I hate about most kid English DVDs is that they have no subtitle option. (i.e. Beyblade G Revolution offical English DVDs didnt have them!)"

The link from before said English language only, so I'd guess no. I hate it too, people need to start realizing two year olds aren't the only ones who like cartoons and anime and Japanese isn't some sort of demon language (you'd be surprised what people think around here of anime -_-; ).

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Tcatomon;13903 said:
The link from before said English language only, so I'd guess no. I hate it too, people need to start realizing two year olds aren't the only ones who like cartoons and anime and Japanese isn't some sort of demon language (you'd be surprised what people think around here of anime -_-; ).

<_< ....darn....I need subtitles... (half the stuff on the episode I can't hear.) It's very sad....I can't even watch the downloaded English eps due to the fact I can't hear what most of them are saying, so I have to pray I see it on TV for the closed caption. And someone subtitling the whole episode is too much to ask for. ;_;