Deltora Quest Licensed

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I wish companies would stop scooping up everything. I wouldn't mind buying them if they weren't A. So bloody expensive (yes I now, we all need to pay the bills, but anime can run up to $30 just for three episodes. Remember Evangaleon on VHS? Two episodes for $28?)
B. Their subs are generally shitty and run along the english translation instead of what they're actually SAYING.
C. For me the english version is (generally) a waste and it's like paying for something I don't even want to begin with. People will argue, but if that's the case they shouldn't want/need the japanese version, right? I know few people who watch both versions willingly.

I'm sad to see this one go too :/ Hopefully they wont be too eager to pull subs for a while.

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
Hopefully we'll see it on CN. I don't recall a single Geneon licensed show on CN, but hey it could happen.

Scipio wondered if they would use Australian voices in the show. Wouldn't that be like, freaking weird though? Just my opinion. I think It'd be funny as hell if they do it, however.

Lief: "Oh.... Crikey, grey guards! o_o"

Sir Kibbles

Fruitsbsk28;3821 said:
Hopefully we'll see it on CN. I don't recall a single Geneon licensed show on CN, but hey it could happen.

Scipio wondered if they would use Australian voices in the show. Wouldn't that be like, freaking weird though? Just my opinion. I think It'd be funny as hell if they do it, however.

Lief: "Oh.... Crikey, grey guards! o_o"

CN dubbed Samurai Champloo and thats Geneon. It might turn out pretty good.

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
In that case, it wasn't CN who dubbed it - it was the company itself. It's also on Adult Swim, not the CN block.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
as long as it not bad dubb i might watch it, but if its terrible like most dubbed animes, im just going to watch the subs.

watch they are going to give lief a old sonding voice. i would laugh.

Akira

People
I wouldn't mind a dub, the only reason why I watched this is because of the books, and I'm pretty sure that isn't japanese. I hope they get a good voice-actor for the guy who tells the story as that guy is really good. Yet they will probably get Barda to do it because they are lazy. The only guy who I know could pull off the part is Stephen Fry, but I don't know anything about voice actors, and he only does audio books (I think) and is English. If they get him I'll watch it.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Tcatomon;3774 said:
I wish companies would stop scooping up everything. I wouldn't mind buying them if they weren't A. So bloody expensive (yes I now, we all need to pay the bills, but anime can run up to $30 just for three episodes. Remember Evangaleon on VHS? Two episodes for $28?)
Just go to Best Buy, they sell practicly all their DVDs for $20, while Suncoast ect. sells them for their normal $25-30.
B. Their subs are generally shitty and run along the english translation instead of what they're actually SAYING.
Geneon's subs? Really I can't remember if I have seen something dubbed by them. The Bo7 dvds did that with their subs, and that was really annoying, but every other DVD I have bought has had actuall translation subs. Except maybe YGO Uncut, but still.
C. For me the english version is (generally) a waste and it's like paying for something I don't even want to begin with. People will argue, but if that's the case they shouldn't want/need the japanese version, right? I know few people who watch both versions willingly.
I'm actually one of those people ^^; I generally watch the dub, it's something I can watch while cleaning my room or something without haveing to be glued to the screen, and I generally prefer the dub voices (There are many exceptions though). Then again, the japanese version also has it's share of good voices (And more teen-like for most Shonen anime), and a lack of the add-ins that dubs usually have. I can be pretty content watching either one.

What I'm trying to say is that I am looking forward to the dub >_>;; Yeah, that's what I'm saying...

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
As long as this dub does not come out like the one piece dub im ok. voices i can get over with as long as they sound decent.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Hagaren Gao;4180 said:
Just go to Best Buy, they sell practicly all their DVDs for $20, while Suncoast ect. sells them for their normal $25-30.

Heh, that's asuming you have one of these in the area. Best Buy around here is over an hour away.. all we've got is a Walmart which sells crap... or sells the good stuff for a week, then doesn't restock. ;_; Used to take my chances with HK DVDs on Ebay, so far only my Shaman King has been mostly FUBAR. Shame to see them not being sold as much as they used to be though. :/

You're also a rare breed to want both versions. I just like the background noise when I'm doing stuff. Most of the time I've seen shows enough to know what's going on already XD;

Tobias

If it's licensed (that link dosn't work anymore, btw) does that mean it won't be subbed anymore?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Tobias;33742 said:
If it's licensed (that link dosn't work anymore, btw) does that mean it won't be subbed anymore?
The project is still [very much so] active and so you don't have to worry about that :)

Tobias

Scipio;33743 said:
The project is still [very much so] active and so you don't have to worry about that :)

Oh, good:D! I was worried there wouldn't be anymore and I would need to wait for the English releases..:(

boggym

I am looking for the torrents for episodes from Deltora Quest, and I have a lot of trouble finding one for the 3rd episode.
Does anyone know a good link?
I managed to get the raw's for the first 6 (kinda 98.2%) however there were no subs and I am not yet so good at Japanese, so I would need the English subs.
Thank you