Lief

<b>Release Bot</b><br />"Deltora Quest"
Episode 09 (XviD)

[DATS] Deltora Quest - 09 [XviD][DC35877D].avi
File Size: 175.87MB
Release Date: November 1, 2007
Trigger: !dq09

Downloads
Currently only [officially] available on IRC bots. Visit our XDCC Page to find a bot!

However, read rest of the thread - there may be a ddl still available. :)

Note that we eventually want to redo this episode to DVD source - so maybe in the future!

Credits
Main Translation: Pazuzu
Song Translation: mokomull
Opening Karaoke: Yuumei
Ending Karaoke: Koroku
Editing: Zelsius, digiboy123
Timing: taxan
Upscripting: Koroku
Typesetting: Yuumei, Koroku, Mizuiro
QC:
sheep.jpg
Koroku, digiboy123, Scar, GSR, Pazuzu, Twilight_Fox
Encoding: Mizuiro

Comments
CLEAN CHURUNAI

(Like woah, it hasn't even been a month.)

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Veoh to come later~

Yea... it hasn't been 2 months, we released this episode in less than 2 weeks O:

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
CLEAN CHURUNAI CLEAN CHURUNAI CLEAN CHURUNAI

Enjoy all the clean churunai's, everyone. There's more to come.

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
Not to be picky, but you spelled apologize wrong at 20:02, its apologize not apologise :p.
Also starting from 24:19, the audio cuts out.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Lordlokey;14735 said:
Not to be picky, but you spelled apologize wrong at 20:02, its apologize not apologise :p.

It would be incorrect if we weren't using British English for DQ. :-p

Ryudo

Hi.
First I want to thank the team for this great work.
I enjoy this series of yours, it's a wonderful anime.
But one thing. I don't want to complain but what was the big idea with
renaming proper nouns? Just for the flair of the series?
I don't think it was that necessary ;)
I dont know if these neologisms are related to the books original but in comparison to the japanese Anime i have to say it should've been the best to let it the way it was meant.
I refer to passages like "Noradzeer" or something like that taking place all along this episode.

But anyway, great work so far with this series.
Go on.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ryudo;16035 said:
Hi.
I dont know if these neologisms are related to the books original but in comparison to the japanese Anime i have to say it should've been the best to let it the way it was meant.
I refer to passages like "Noradzeer" or something like that taking place all along this episode.

Go on.

Do you mean that you prefer the words "Churunai" "Clean Churunai" and.. "Nezunuku" instead of the words we used like "Noradz" "Noradzeer" and "Ra-Kacharz" ? There is a TL note in this episode (either this one or the one after... or before) explaining that we changed it for a specific reason. It should be explained soon in episode 12.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ryudo;16035 said:
Hi.

Go on.
The book series ie more than a adventure series. It's also a puzzle series that encourages the [young] readers to think and work their brains, like most kids books.

When translated into an anime, they kept a lot of those puzzles and such. For instance, look at the episode at the beginning of Arc 2, with the giant and the bridge. In the books, the puzzles are laid out so that the reader can examine (and hopefully solve them) before Lief, Jasmine, or Barda are able to. It was done in the same was in the anime.

For this section, we have Clean Churunai. Yes, we could have left it as it was, but how it works out in the end wouldn't make sense to an English viewer.

To continue explaining, I'm going to drift into spoiler area...
"Clean Churunai" would basically mean "Clean and no rats". Leaving it as that wouldn't make much sense to an English user. However, the term "Noradzeer", when spaced out turns into "No rats here"

The citizens of Noradz (No rats) were, at one point in time, the people of Hira. Hira, in case you didn't know, is now deemed The City of the Rats. They were messy, messy people, and their city became overrun with rats. So they were forced to leave it, and they founded Noradz on the otherside of the Broad River.

Now, the reason we kept this is because if we either left the terms in Japanese, or tried to translate them in any such way, we'd give away the puns. We'd kill the fun of the series, where it's asking you to think a bit.

A lot of anime watchers tend to ignore the audio, and just read the subs. If you do that, you don't notice that the words are different, and you begin to wonder "What on the Earth could that mean...?" As more and more of the city of Noradz is examined, you begin to notice odd things, like how they completely and utterly FREAKED at Filli. Why? Because they want noradzeer. :)

Sorry for the long post, but we thought about this for awhile, and decided, way back in like episode 2 or whatever, that we wanted to stay as close to the books as we could. Many times we've ignored the Japanese puns or songs or whatever, and focused on what the books said about it.

There are other little puns and jokes in the rest of the books, so we'll continue doing it as we have been, and I hope you understand our reasoning. ^^