Dats Releases in dpg format?

hwarangoo

Journalists
Dats Releases in dpg format?

Well I wanted to convert some RnR episodes in .dpg the format that is needed to play movies on your ds with the appropriate homebrew but Vande appointed me that I should ask the lot of you if it is okay to actually do so. So what do you people think? On another hand I havent had a chance to actually see a real dpg movie yet so I dont know What it would look like but there is a chance that it needs some enocoding to make it look good....
Anyway I wanted to convert it so that i can watch my favorite anime in my bed or during history class when I already made all the exercises and im allowed to do something for myself. (Or secretly during math,Dutch or economy class)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
normally we say no to our files being changed but as i don't get involved with subbing all that much i shall leave it to the other gods to decide.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
If you're doing it just for yourself, it's definitely okay. If you want to put the .dpg on some website, though...

Well, I'd be most concerned about the quality, but as long as DATS gets the credits for the actual subs, I think it should be alright. Koroku/Scipio will have to give the final word on that.

hwarangoo

Journalists
OKay, Yeah its for my own use on my own ds.
Im not going through the trouble of giving other people the downloads.
And I think the quality will go down a lot because from what I see on the internet poeple go through a lot of work to make high Quality dpg movies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
You can do whatever you want with our stuff personally, we just ask that you not distribute unofficial copies. So feel free to make your own copies, but just don't upload them anywhere.

* Note that once I get a flashcard, you may seen official releases... for RnR... xP

hwarangoo

Journalists
OKe thanks.
Now to get those releases on my computer and then convert them sigh... And thos subtitles being cut off.

Anyway the abilities of ds homebrew are certainley something.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
You can add overscan bars to them so the subs don't get cut off... Don't ask me how though ;o we use to have a guide to do it for a avi -> dvd... so it should work the same as avi -> dpg... Not sure where that guide went though.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
An alternate way of doing it is just to reencode them as widescreen first, and convert from that.

It'll stretch the picture, but it'll work. (And some people liked RnR in WS for some reason :confused:)