Data Squad Episode 3 Reactions

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Data Squad Episode 3 Reactions

Episode 3: The Return of Thomas!
Airs on MONDAY at 8.30pm in the USA (check your local times) on Toon Disney.

This topic is to discuss what happens, what gets cut, but try not to bash the dub.

Thomas H. Norstein

Ready to report for duty
:eek: what do you mean "Friday"? it just finished right now. well i get to watch it at 5:30 for some weird reason but episode 3 aired today.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Yup Yup. I saw it too. XD

It was good, his voice wasn't so bad in my opinion.

The show is actually growing on me. :p

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Thomas H. Norstein;12180 said:
:eek: what do you mean "Friday"? it just finished right now.

Vande probably meant that it'll re-air on Friday this week. Which it will.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Agumon: (Referring to Gaomon) "Hmph! No Birthday presents for HIM!"

...Um Agumon, what does that mean? XD

Thomas: "Why did you join DATS?"

Marcus: "Because I wanted to find guys like you!"

..............o_o

dantemon

I'm guessing it was just a typo. and it was good, i have to say, i think the dub is perfect for what it is. that is, it seems to feel like a whole new show, with all the appeal of the original, and that's what a lot of dubs now need to be. sometimes the dubbing companies seem to be so concerned about keeping it as true to the orininal as possible that fans look for the smallest thing to complain about and claim that it ruins the show. but sometimes they need to not be afraid to edit or change something to a perfectly reasonable english/american equivilent, and if people still complain, then they're not acually fans of the series, just fans of bashing dubbing companies.

Fox Knight

Knight Of Neo Space
I thought the Thomas was being a little too hard on Marcus. wait 'til Marcus and Thomas working together in the digital world.

(I've seen every episode on youtube just to let you all know :D)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
meant Monday, put friday for whatever reason (was not supposed to be on net at work when i did this)

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Hagaren Gao;12189 said:
Thomas: "Why did you join DATS?"

Marcus: "Because I wanted to find guys like you!"

..............o_o

*FALLS OVER LAUGHING* He really said that? Oh gosh.

Thank you, that has just made my week.

(Doesn't have the channel, so can't comment on the episode yet.)

ETA: Marcus really said, "It was so I could meet (and fight strong) guys like you!" But that was still a funny pick-up line. xP

Comments:
- Wow, Flynn's voice for Marcus is getting to be really awesome. <3
- "No birthday present for that guy!" <--- WTF ROFL
- Inserting scenes that didn't exist in the original. Huh, but it works.
- Omfg Freeman's version of Thomas, I'm in loooove.
- It's hard to tell about Gaomon's voice until he says something more. And that won't be for awhile. xD But I like it.
- "Why don't you run along and catch up with Sampson (etc)" <--- (small complaint) I think Masaru's "man" speeches may be cursed to being disfigured like this forever. :-(
- "A DemiMeramon can regenerate itself (etc)" <--- It didn't explain that it only regenerates itself when its flames are scattering everywhere; the original makes it more specific that it was Masaru that caused that to happen due to his punching. The dub doesn't make those facts connect.
- Ah, but I'm really loving this music.

I'll hold onkeikun to Freeman's Thomas voice until I get a chance to watch it. I already assumed it would be good from the fact that he played Koichi :D;;. More comments / reactions after I watch?

MirageDukemon

aparently the show airs mon. & fri. i missed ep. 2 & 3 because it was weird likethat. really want to hear thomas/gaomon's voices

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
This is a good dub
Still want to hear more of Gaumon though, missed the "Yes, master" part. Starting to like the musics now. Marcus' voice don't bother me anymore. Might as well watch the rest of the series.

Thomas H. Norstein

Ready to report for duty
MirageDukemon;12276 said:
aparently the show airs mon. & fri. i missed ep. 2 & 3 because it was weird likethat. really want to hear thomas/gaomon's voices

so your saying episode 4 is gonna come out friday?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Thomas H. Norstein;12334 said:
so your saying episode 4 is gonna come out friday?

That's right with epi 5 being on monday and so on and so forth

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Vande;12335 said:
That's right with epi 5 being on monday and so on and so forth

Are you sure? WtW and The Digiport have told that episode 2 was the special exception; all episodes after 3 would play on Monday nights only.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
well on WtW news in one of the first topics posted on 1st sept
Data Squad Episode 1: 01 October 2007
Data Squad Episode 2: 05 October 2007
Data Squad Episode 3: 08 October 2007
Data Squad Episode 4: 12 October 2007

edit: checked the calander - it is the 15th

So it's now every monday - go figure

celestial_sacred

Is it just me or is the part when Thomas firstly appeared in the DATS building a little lame and unexciting..? Note: The earlier part of appearance.

*falls into an endless pit* Thomas sounds so much more evil than Tohma... *sob*

"It's fightin' time" sounds so yesterday.

Gaomon's voice isn't that bad at all, except the part when became Gaogamon. XD And I'm not liking the "sir yes sir" stuff. It just doesn't fit.

Love
- background music. =D~
- Thomas's voice.
- Sampson when he's mad. :-p

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Still want to hear more of Gaumon though, missed the "Yes, master" part
There won't be any 'Master' talk, sadly. It'll be 'Sir' from now on. And I thought Gaomon's voice was just a bit too deep and... monotone leveled. >_>

So it's now every monday - go figure
Lol, yeah... I've told people dozens of times. Episode 2 was a one-time-only deal. From now on, what airs on Monday will air again on Friday. Meaning only 1 new episode per week. Check out the schedule at Toon Zone.

Blahhh. Then that means I'll have to watch 3 off YouTube >>;.
No you don't. You can download all of the current dubbed episodes right here, which is located in the Press Room.